• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Face proportion help *traditional*

Years
  • Okay so I have tried to perfect this to no avail. My objective is to perfect my anime face proportions *think Pokémon* for humans. I could really use some tips and advice. Thanks

Years
  • The best way to study proportions, even if it's anime face proportion, you're still going to want to study normal human faces.

If you put the eye line in the middle/pupil of the eye and the top lip the overall spacing of facial parts isn't really that different! Just stylized.
    The biggest difference is how wide and and round you want the face, but the part that helps the most of making a well proportioned face is the spacing of the eyebrows, eyes, bottom of nose, and top lip. Even if you make the eyes huge, as long as the center is close to the correct spot it reads fine.

7rPz380.png

(really gross sketch but i hope it makes sense)

There's no real tip to make it perfect, but just try and study real human faces to get a better anchor of facial structure, from there's it's easier to stylize.

Back