• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Failing Shiny.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I just lost a Shiny Geodude, in Leaf Green, had a different thread, I did make but forgot to ask ya'll how your shiny catching is. heh. lol. Oh well.

At current I am at None. lol. Only ever seen 3 shiny, Red Gyarados in GSC, but hes plot, doesnt count. Only others have even SEEN, are a Zigzagoon, at the beginning of Sapphire.. I didn't have any pokeballs yet. Just today, not even a half hour ago, I saw a Shiny Geodude in Leaf Green, had no balls then either. /sigh. lol Oh well, hows it for you all?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Man that sucked, you should alway buy more pokeballs, for me when i ran into my shiny aron in Granite cave, i was lucky to have 10 in my bag. :)

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Man that sucked, you should alway buy more pokeballs, for me when i ran into my shiny aron in Granite cave, i was lucky to have 10 in my bag. :)

I was just on my way out to get more, I had just used the rest of them. JUST as I got to the door, BOOM there he was. /sigh

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Yeah i know, its like just walking around, mindlessly, and before you know it theres a shiny right in front of your face.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    More than half the time, I forget they even exist.. WHY... Because yeah only seen 2! lol.

I maybe a PokeAddict, but dayum... whats the rate if a combined hourage of about 2000 gameplay. And only 2 shinies! arg.

The 200 comes from the hours played in versions with shinie pokemon. GSC, RSE, and LG.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    2000 hourage gameplay, :P lol thats impressive. Only with the chance of 1/8192 of getting one, and getting 2 is actually really good.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    I'd love to catch lots and lots of shinies, but at the rate you see them, the only way to get alot is to trade for shinies, or just be reallyyyyy lucky.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Yeah but the fact you run into one, without any pokeballs to catch it with, makes you extremely unlucky.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    I can't argue with that.

My suggestion: always buy as many pokeballs as possible, and when you can buy stronger balls (i.e. pokeball to greatball) sell the weaker balls, and buy alot of the stronger balls.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Idk, i think its not worth selling weaker pokeballs for stronger ones, cause you make half the money the original ball costs, which isnt that much, which IMO, will limit your inventory, not thats not too serious, but just on the conservative side. But this wouldn't apply to those who already beat the game, and have a lot of money.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    In Sapphire, I accidentally killed a shiny Carvanha trying to capture it. >.<

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Aside from the red Gyarados, I've only seen one. It's my shiny Dusclops. o.o

I had a friend who found a shiny Hoothoot in GSC though, I think. It was in the beginning of the game before she got pokéballs, though, so she couldn't catch it. She was so mad. XD

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Besides from the Red Gyarados in G/S/C?
    None.
    I'm wondering how some people manage to catch so many Shinies, while they are that rare... I haven't even seen shiny Pokemon that are not in the plot. T_T

Years
    I've never seen a wild shiny either :(. Of course apart from the Red Gyarados, but thats just a novelty Pokemon really that most people have.

Fortunately a very kind person gave me a shiny Charmander and Dratini, but these are the only shinies I've even come close to. I have seen a shiny Scyther in a wi-fi battle as well, but like I said I've never seen a wild one before.

Sir Beasty

Ace Trainer
    Years
    the only shiny ive ever seen in the wild was a sableye on my pokemon emerald rom.
    i caught it, but i cant really do anything with it since its on a rom....
    i hatched a shiny staryu about a week and a half ago, and now ive been trying to hatch a shiny gastly, but unfortunately, ive had no luck....

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Besides from the Red Gyarados in G/S/C?
    None.
    I'm wondering how some people manage to catch so many Shinies, while they are that rare... I haven't even seen shiny Pokemon that are not in the plot. T_T

Yeah makes me wonder as well, which was kind of my point earlier, about how many hours of gameplay I have combined in versions that have shiny pokemon... How can all these people have sooooo many shinies, .. Legit shinies that is. While the find rate is azz and none.

I had a thought though,.... lol. Would they be able to be considered legit, if someone had 2 copies of lessay Emerald. Hacked one, so that shinies would showup regularly... traded those to the non hacked version. Could they technically consider those Legit, since they one still had to catch them. And 2, they now exist in a none hacked version.. thoughts?

Back