• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon for Fangame

ASpider

Amber Dev
Years
  • Hello. Here are some fakemon that I've made (drawn over Sprites of other Pokemon from Pokemon Essentials) for the Pokemon Fangame that I am calling Ancient Amber for now. It is a game set in a Lost World type of Island where extinct Pokemon still exist.

The first two are Cynite and Cynoct. They are based on the Cynognathus and are part of a Dark/Normal three-stage line that is available from early on in the game. Kinda like regional birds. But as lizard-dogos. They have stats similar to the Starraptor line, but with slightly less Speed and more Bulk. Their abilities are Strong Jaw, Pick Up / Intimidate, and Guts(Dream).

attachment.php

The second Fakemon are Cloam and Bellacota. They are Ground Pokemon based on the Paleolithic Venus Figurines. Cloam only knows Transform and has Ditto-esque stats, except with less Speed and more HP. Bellacota has very high defenses and the Water Absorb, Sap Sipper, and Grassy Surge(Dream) abilities.

attachment.php

The final Fakemon is Cerebii, an artificial Bug/Electric Pokemon created by Team Horizon based on the Legend of Celebi. They didn't actually have Celebi DNA, though. The Pokemon was created from scratch through gene-edition of some random Bug-type Pokemon. Cerebii has 599 stat points and 191 Base Speed. Apparently, Team Horizon thought they could get it to travel through time by pushing its speed to the maximum. Cerebii's design is based on the Fruit Fly experiments where scientists have edited their genes to have Fruit Flies with Legs instead of Antennae.

attachment.php

Any input will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Cynite&Cynoct.png
      Cynite&Cynoct.png
      5.9 KB · Views: 155
    • Cloam and Bellacota.png
      Cloam and Bellacota.png
      5 KB · Views: 153
    • Cerebii.png
      Cerebii.png
      3.9 KB · Views: 152
    • Rodir and Grodentt.png
      Rodir and Grodentt.png
      5.4 KB · Views: 4
    • Cynoster.png
      Cynoster.png
      5.1 KB · Views: 4
    • Gronarch.png
      Gronarch.png
      5.1 KB · Views: 5
    • Form Ivysaur.png
      Form Ivysaur.png
      5 KB · Views: 107
    • Form Smeargle.png
      Form Smeargle.png
      4.9 KB · Views: 2
    • Form Venusaur.png
      Form Venusaur.png
      6.4 KB · Views: 106
    • Mandiball.png
      Mandiball.png
      4.5 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

ASpider

Amber Dev
    Years
  • Here is Cynoster. The final stage of Cynite and Cynoct. But I don't like him as much as the other two. Does anybody have suggestions for improving it?
    attachment.php

General concepts for Dex entries:
    Cynite work in packs to bring down larger Pokemon, but they can't make up their minds about who eats the prey, so they always fight afterward.
    Cynoct often follows packs of Cynite and steals their prey while they bicker.
    Cynoster does not like to hunt that much and often intimidates other Pokemon to steal their food.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would suggest using more value in your outlining. It looks like you're using black for the entire outline, but on the top of the fakemon you could use a lighter brown to highlight it. Other than that, these are very inventive and interesting! Good job! :)

ASpider

Amber Dev
    Years
  • I would suggest using more value in your outlining. It looks like you're using black for the entire outline, but on the top of the fakemon you could use a lighter brown to highlight it. Other than that, these are very inventive and interesting! Good job! :)

Thank you, Fairy. Yeah, I was using mostly black. These Ivysaur and Venusaur forms were made with a "brownish shade of the bright color" in the outline of the bright areas and came out considerably better. They look softer I think.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll edit Cloam and the rodents to be like these so they look softer too.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    No problem at all! It's all about being mindful that the light source is consistent across all facets of the art, from the base colors, to the outlining, to the highlighting. I think these latest examples look significantly better. We've got a pixel art tutorial stickied in the section if you want to took over it. Well done though! Keep it up! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2018
    Very interesting art! Why is Cerebii a bug/electric type? Wouldn't it be a bug/grass type?
    Your Pokemon look very unique and awesome! I'm envious! <3

Back