• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Fakemon: Thunder Spirit

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Hello, I'm fairly new to this community and I've been inspired by the games Pokemon: Uranium, Pokemon Sage, and Pokemon Spectrum. I've had this game slowly being developed for some time now and I don't even know when I would have a demo out yet (I'm in college after all). I already have a complete fakedex, but I'm open for ideas (I think I'm at 150????). Here are some of the features I plan on adding:
    • Regional Variants (and their evolutions)
    • Mega Evolution
    • Customizable Character
    • 10 gyms...
    • ...then 8 gyms
    • HM items instead of moves
    • Following Fakemon
    • All types, plus a new one
    The region map is based on the southern part of South America and there are legendary fakemon based on South American myths. I already have a map drawn out. I am using Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP.

Lastly, since this is during the time of the Corona Virus that I'm introducing this, I thought It would be fun to make a corona virus fakemon. If someone would be so kind to design one, I would love that. I can take care of it's stats, name, or typing. I'll be sure to add you to the credits.

Attached are some rough drafts of the starters that I'm working on and can use some constructive advice or suggestions with. I've blotted out the names and types for I sort of want that to be a secret.

Credits (so far):

Tilesets:
    Rayquaza-dot
    The-Red-eX
    LotusKing
    Kaliser
    Thegreatblaid
    WilsonScarloxy
    Heavy-Metal-Lover
    Magiscarf
    Kyle-Dove
    Design:
    Microcat3000
    Jonah Brausch
    Spicy Panini

Attachments

• Fakemon: Thunder Spirit
      fakemon fire starter.jpg
      43.2 KB · Views: 43
      fakemon grass starter.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 38
      fakemon water starter.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 37
      Fakemon Thunder Spirit.png
      49 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    It's cool that you're taking on such an ambitious project! I love any fan game with fakemon, because it's always so interesting to see what people come up with. Your starter designs are really promising-- I especially enjoy the rabbit one.

Personally, I wouldn't do a fakemon based on the virus. It will really end up dating your project, especially if it spends a long time in production. Just look at jokes about Ebola-- they were relevant and huge at the time, but now? Kinda embarrassing. Still, you could something based around viruses in general. I think that would be pretty cool to see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I appreciate the comment and thank you for the suggestion. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Back