• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fallout 3 Discussion Thread

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Well, I've checked to see if there are any other threads discussing Fallout 3, and I can't seem to see any.

Anyway. I recently got Fallout 3, and I'm pretty much addicted. But I only have one friend at school who actually owns the game, so I have no-one to talk about it with. Hence why I'm starting this thread. Talk about anything Fallout 3, ranging from quests, to helping others, and discussing how you like to play the game.

Anyway, here's my Ingame progress:

Level 7

Special:
    Spoiler:

Skills:
    Spoiler:

Perks
    Spoiler:

Quests complete -
    Spoiler:

Hotkeys:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, so just to start this off, could anyone suggest areas where I could develop a bit?

Years
    You really should get your speech skill up. Being able to talk has allowed me many opportunities or simply made certain missions easier by being able to bypass parts by talking my way out of them. I'd also choose to max out either lock pick or science skill as you'll eventually be in many situations where you'll need to be able to pick strong locks or hack the more difficult computers.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    You really should get your speech skill up. Being able to talk has allowed me many opportunities or simply made certain missions easier by being able to bypass parts by talking my way out of them. I'd also choose to max out either lock pick or science skill as you'll eventually be in many situations where you'll need to be able to pick strong locks or hack the more difficult computers.

Hrm, I don't really get the whole "hacking" thing...
    It confuses me :(.

Years
    Hrm, I don't really get the whole "hacking" thing...
    It confuses me :(.

You basically just select a word and it'll tell you how many letters in that word are part of the password you're looking for. So then you try and guess which letters of the word you had selected are the correct ones for the password and look for words containing those letters that might be the password.

It sounds confusing at first (Especially since I stink at explaining such things) but once you see how it works you realize it's actually really easy.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I think I'm level 14...Maxed out Sneak and Small Guns. I can post all my stats later when I get my nightly few hours in. I don't do anything specific...But sniping people is so fun with my scoped .44 Magnum XD

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    I've been playing it a lot lately. My guy is level 20, maxed out on small guns, lazers, and medicine, and he's just the goody-goody-two shoes. I just beat the new DLC. It was alright, but way too short.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    You basically just select a word and it'll tell you how many letters in that word are part of the password you're looking for. So then you try and guess which letters of the word you had selected are the correct ones for the password and look for words containing those letters that might be the password.

It sounds confusing at first (Especially since I stink at explaining such things) but once you see how it works you realize it's actually really easy.

Yeah, I went and tried to figure it out yesterday. After a while, I got the hang of it, and I was FINALLY able to do the optional parts of the Old Technology and the Library parts of the Wasteland survival guide :D. Now I'm just trying to find little bruce wilks, so I can do "Those!"

I also found my second bobblehead today.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I've been playing it a lot lately. My guy is level 20, maxed out on small guns, lazers, and medicine, and he's just the goody-goody-two shoes. I just beat the new DLC. It was alright, but way too short.

Hey same here, but I play as a chick and she's up to Level 20 as well. :D As a girl, you do get a few guys trying to hit on you, but the Black Widow perk really helps with that. Heh. Even Mister Burke has sent me love letters.

Anyway, I've already unlocked all the achievements for this game and all I'm waiting for is the new upcoming DLC. "Operation: Anchorage" was pretty cool and the Chinese Stealth Armor is my favorite apparel to wear now. And yes, you really should bring your Speech up. It'll benefit you a lot.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Anyway, I've already unlocked all the achievements for this game and all I'm waiting for is the new upcoming DLC. "Operation: Anchorage" was pretty cool and the Chinese Stealth.

Ugh, seriously? I missed out on the achievement points you can get through a quest you get from the slavers in paradise falls because I like...killed everyone there xD;

Oh! And the "silver-tonged devil" achievement. I'm already 20, and I put barely any skill points into speech x_x

There's something else I wanted ask about: A few PCs in Megaton went missing in my game(moriarty, walter, and simms). I downloaded the latest 360 patch, and that brought a few of them back (walter and moriarty), but lucas simms is still missing. At first I thought he just died, but when I talk to his son, he still refers to him as if he's still alive. wtf.

Has anyone else had a similar problem like this?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    So I heard the game ends after you beat the main quest...Anyone playing on a PC here? Because I found a patch that lets you continue playing after you beat it. I haven't downloaded it yet, I was just wondering if anyone else has.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    The game ends when you do the final quest?
    It's a good thing I make multiple saves by habit..

Meh, I just did the quest with the fire ants.. I was kind enough to find wilks a home, despite the fact I am playing through the game with bad karma.. I'm level nine now. I've been pouring points into Science, Lockpicking and Repairs, and I've put some into speech, but not many.

And besides, It's already occured to me I'm gonna have to play through this more than once to get everything.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I missed out on the achievement points you can get through a quest you get from the slavers in paradise falls because I like...killed everyone there xD;

You mean, "Strictly Business?" I think if you kill Grouse the quest will end immediately, since he is the main dude behind the quest. :P Are you sure that you can't load up a previous save point before you had killed them all? (I know killing them all results in Good Karma, but even after you complete the quest, you can just kill them again). Your quest will fail too if all the VIPs are dead.

There's something else I wanted ask about: A few PCs in Megaton went missing in my game(moriarty, walter, and simms). I downloaded the latest 360 patch, and that brought a few of them back (walter and moriarty), but lucas simms is still missing. At first I thought he just died, but when I talk to his son, he still refers to him as if he's still alive. wtf.

Has anyone else had a similar problem like this?

Yep. This happened to me too and I believe it happens in all versions of Fallout 3; I play mine on Xbox 360. Walter disappeared on me in my last game so ended up having to trade my Scrap Metal for meds to Winthrop, instead of caps. I think he was the only NPC that went missing so far.

JackorzKfnx said:
    And besides, It's already occured to me I'm gonna have to play through this more than once to get everything.

You're not alone. I had to play through the game again because I missed my one-time opportunity to grab the Bobblehead - Energy Weapons. Plus, I didn't the chance to increase my Lockpick skill so I can get through "Very Hard" doors/containers.

Also, does anyone have a favorite weapon? Type of weapon(s), maybe? I have a passion for Energy Weapons, especially the Plasma Rifle. An expensive repair, but it's totally worth it.

Last edited:

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    So I heard the game ends after you beat the main quest...Anyone playing on a PC here? Because I found a patch that lets you continue playing after you beat it. I haven't downloaded it yet, I was just wondering if anyone else has.
    You lucky people with your mods. Yeah there is. And yes it ends.

Spoilers
    Spoiler:

So yeah, you want that mod.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    People like us who has the Asian 360 release got screwed with no patch and DLC screwing up.
    However, I shall wait for whenever they are done with it.

Currently have a level 20 "good girl" and level 20 "bad guy". Aimlessly walking around gets boring after a while, and that's when I return to Fallout 2.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    You lucky people with your mods. Yeah there is. And yes it ends.

Spoilers
    Spoiler:

So yeah, you want that mod.

Then I'm totally getting it =P

I think there's another one that lets you take a boat from Rivet City to a whole new island. I love people who make mods ^___^

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Also, does anyone have a favorite weapon? Type of weapon(s), maybe? I have a passion for Energy Weapons, especially the Plasma Rifle. An expensive repair, but it's totally worth it.

I love my Lincoln's .44 Repeater. Especially with my Commando perk. It's like *Is a mile away using a gun with no sights, but manages to take your head off anyway* And not to mention, It's easily repaired using Hunting Rifles, which are easy enough to come across :D.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Can someone tell me how Live works? I just got an account and I have to start a whole new game and I'm just kinda...lost. How do I play other people O.O

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years

I'm probably gonna have to go with the Chinese Assault Rifle. Don't know why, but that seems to be the weapon I used for most of the game. Either that, or the Blackhawk .44 Magnum. I want to say the alien blaster, but due to its limited ammo, I haven't really ben able to use it that much x_x

@Aurafire: Erm...Fallout 3 isn't co-op, sorry.

Back