• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

False Flee Status in Tracker

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    I have seen several times now that when tracking a Pokémon, the tracker reports that he has fled. But every time I have continued to the location, I see the Pokémon is still there.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Yes, I've seen this. Back in the good old tracker days, I remember seeing the following: A pokemon spawns and a 15 minute timer starts under it. After 15 minutes, the pokemon disappears on the tracker, but sometimes, the exact same species will appear in the same location with a fresh 15 minute timer. So effectively the pokemon was there for a half hour. I believe if you caught the first one, you wouldn't be able to see the second one, so it always looks to the player like there is only one there. This might explain the "false flee".

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    It's a simple matter of having too many Pokémon near PokéStops at one time that the tracker doesn't accommodate them all. It's essentially the servers conserving resources.

Even if the tracker says they fled, the Pokémon will not disappear unless its spawn timer actually expired. When you get back into a certain range that gives the tracker room to reload the nearby list, you'll see the Pokémon return unless, again, its spawn timer expired.

Back