• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Family Relations?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    our sibling as a gym leader or even elite four.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    On the topic of siblings, I would prefer them to be younger, simply so they can be another Barry-like character who's always saying their going to be the best trainer, yet they never seem to win against you. Plus, they'd be the comedic character in the game like Barry was portrayed to be - and impatient too.

Yeah, I like Barry, so why not have someone similar, right?

Going with this idea though, because the protagonist is now older, I think it could work well with your younger sibling getting to choose one of the region's starters.

As for the parents, I would love to have both a mom and dad please. The dad could be a Gym Leader like the father in RSE was; I thought that was a pretty cool twist compared to not having a dad at all. As for the mom, I'd like for her to be the bank again. I found this so useful in HG/SS, saving a lot of money and getting some when I needed it. However, I'd also like the mom to interact with the player as well. DPPt did this a bit with Johanna, but not enough I think. So, if anything keeping the parents appearing every now and then (along with your sibling rival) would be a great addition to the story.

May I add to this, but I'd like another rival as well, one who's quite tough against you with a great line-up of Pokémon, strategy, and is about the same age as you. This character however will not be part of your family, but instead hopefully take part of the plot in the game instead.

Hmm, like the ideas. though if you had a rival who was as tough, or even tougher, than you then what would that leave the other protagonist who you're not playing as to be? I think I'm more for making say the protagonists a lot tougher this time around, and yeah maybe a weaker sibling who tries to outdo you in battles, etc. Having two rivals, and a sibling who tries to be a rival, would bring the total rivals number to 3..too much?

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    Family? Two words: Evil twin. :P

That would be pretty fan-freaking-tastic. Pokemon has a tendency for having the main character reform their rival (and the whole region...) anyway. Part of the plot could be chasing after a prodigal-like son lol. Or not. But it's fun to speculate. :) It would be nice to see some more family interaction, wot? Even of the evil sort..

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    What i'd want to see is the character's mom be the champion and the dad the leader of the evil team

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    What i'd want to see is the character's mom be the champion and the dad the leader of the evil team

I'm afraid, my friend, that this particular scenario would be what we like to call 'cliché'.

I don't think it would be suitable as a workable plot device. :/

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    I'm afraid, my friend, that this particular scenario would be what we like to call 'cliché'.

I don't think it would be suitable as a workable plot device. :/

Hey, it'd be like my family, so I like it

POKEDUDE77

MASTER OF ALL MASTERS
    Years
    ok i thought of a great idea how about in this new gen the father who has been away training was in this new region and something later on happens to him and throughtout the game people are helping you rescue him idk just my opinion

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I don't know why but the male and female protagonists makes think they are Brother and Sister

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    You run away from home to train Pokémon, and gradually your family members try to stop you and return you home :3

Also, those Winston people in R/S/E need to be in it. With their uber son.

Years
    How about you, your brother/sister depending on your gender and your rival each get given a starter pokemon to go on your own journey. You actually get to face them both 6 times during the course of the main storyline, and your sibling helps you defeat the bad guys. Your mum and dad are also top trainers who decided to give up their journeys to raise you and your sibling. Please, don't tell me that this wouldn't be awesome...........

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I'd like to see a Red-esque final boss at the very end of the game, and it turns out that this character is your father who has been training away for years.

Are you suggesting that they should bring in another manga character like Red to play the part of easter egg end boss? o.O

None of the Pokedex holders including Red are old enough to play the role of father though... Perhaps you are suggesting someone as strong as Red? That would be rather disappointing to Red fans though. There's not supposed to be anyone stronger than him, canonically.

Quite honestly, Red has the highest level pokemon of any manga character I can think of, besides Yellow using Red's pokemon. That would be massive overkill though, considering her powers have a tendency to give a 40~ level boost. (Level 125 Pikachu uses MEGAVOLT!!! All type resistance is negated for over 2000 damage! [<---Accurate representation of how overkill that would be])

Back