• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Family roles in B/W

coolnick37

Absolute Power
Years
  • Will there finally be a father in pokemon B/W, and what do you think his role in game will be?
    For me it was weird that they always had mother but no father, except for R/S/E
    Since B/W features more advanced storyline, I believe that they might reintroduce him again, maybe even as a champion, or an E4

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Will there finally be a father in pokemon B/W, and what do you think his role in game will be?
    For me it was weird that they always had mother but no father, except for R/S/E
    Since B/W features more advanced storyline, I believe that they might reintroduce him again, maybe even as a champion, or an E4

Here's a nice idea:

Your dad stays at home, and saves you money (but actually buys you useful items like stones once you've reached a certain point), while your mother is a distant wandering trainer that you battle a couple times, besides playing some roles in the plot. However, just before you beat the elite four, she is in the same position as you (about to enter the elite four) and battles you. In beating her, she returns home to train in the backyard or be around town, and you can battle her once every day. And a random number generator decides when she leaves the town occasionally and be in a random place or town, where if you find her, she'll give you a really neat useful rare idem.
    (c) Weatherman, Kiyoshi and Doubleglalzingcomics

NOW THAT'S A REFRESHING FREAKING IDEA.

But yeah, I hope they put in a dad this time. X3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • If N doesn't turn out to be the head of Team Plasma, I'd like to see the real boss admin turn out to be the protagonist's father. Vader style...like a boss. :D

Alternatively, they can pull a Cartman's Mom switch on us...just for the lulz. XD

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I though your dad was already confirmed (no pic)
    or it was speculation.
    I remember some news/leaks w.e.
    about your dad is a archelogiest(sp) (mom to i think? maybe just dad)
    he helps you along some points. so yea

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I really hope they actually show a stable nuclear family (other than RSE, and even then, the father stayed in Petalburg most of this time.). That fact that most of the protagnists have single mothers is kinda strange to me. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    Maybe your dad saves the money (and buys stuff) and then the mom just heals you at home?

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • noooo, why would father stay home and mother battle!? Women cant battle(jk ofc) i would like if the father was a champion, and the protagonists entire motive to beat the pokemon league was to surpass his dad. Since in previous gens, he went to pokemon league mostly because he was bored, like oak told him he could do that and etc. no real motive.

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • I like the idea of dad being an Elite Four member actually, the Rival should be Champion again - Blue in Generation 1 had the most varied team and offered the most challenge :) . If not, dad could just be the Battle Tower leader or something, but that would be a bit lame :P .

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I liked Timbjerr's idea of the Plasma boss being the father. The mother however In my opinion, I am 90% sure she will be a retired Musical champion (Just how Dawn's mum was a retired Poke Coordinator).

Years
  • I like the idea of having a mother and a father on opposite teams.

like...at various points through the storyline mom helps you out but dad turns out to be the head of team plasma :) but they both live separate lives back home.

like...at the beginning of the game mom and dad are both at home and seem normal, but then later on you need help and mom helps you by revealing cool spy stuff and such, and then near the end (after already have been battling team plasma)....like mt coronet in d/p/pl you meat the boss face to face, it turns out dad's there. then he battles you saying something like "I really hate to have fight my own son/daughter but no one may stand in the way of the mighty team plasma! Your story ends now, -insert name here-!"

how awesome would that be?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Here's a nice idea:

Your dad stays at home, and saves you money (but actually buys you useful items like stones once you've reached a certain point), while your mother is a distant wandering trainer that you battle a couple times, besides playing some roles in the plot. However, just before you beat the elite four, she is in the same position as you (about to enter the elite four) and battles you. In beating her, she returns home to train in the backyard or be around town, and you can battle her once every day. And a random number generator decides when she leaves the town occasionally and be in a random place or town, where if you find her, she'll give you a really neat useful rare idem.

NOW THAT'S A REFRESHING FREAKING IDEA.

But yeah, I hope they put in a dad this time. X3

This is a great idea, for once the Mother would actually do something other than just sit at home at that table for hours on end... the Father has had their turn (R/S/E) now it's time for the Mother's xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah... We should have a father in B/W...
    Coz' the previous games,
    it's like the mother is widowed or divorced :'(

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • This is a great idea, for once the Mother would actually do something other than just sit at home at that table for hours on end... the Father has had their turn (R/S/E) now it's time for the Mother's xD
    The Father in R/S/E was a Gym Leader, and that was it. He was never a 'wandering trainer' or 'challenged you to battle at certain points in the game, still in relation to the plot'. So he hasn't 'had his turn' at all.

The last thing I want to see is the Protagonist's parents as Rival figures. Head of Team Plasma maybe, but even then that would have to be the Father. Your Mother as head would just be.....weird.

Last edited:

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • ^
    I think that would be quite interesting. Having the mother as head of Team Plasma, I mean.
    I think it would be cool if your/the father would head the Pokemon daycare, or be the the one who develops the PC storage.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • nuuuuuuh i dont wanna nerdy father taht dont do battle :( he needs to be a champion, e4 or atleast a gym leader, and mother should partake in pokemon musicals

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • ^
    I think that would be quite interesting. Having the mother as head of Team Plasma, I mean.
    I think it would be cool if your/the father would head the Pokemon daycare, or be the the one who develops the PC storage.

It would be a real good twist if your mom was the head instead of the whole "Darth Vader" twist that's been a thousand times with your dad. Especially if you aren't inspecting it, and random points in your journey you see her and then it all makes sense in the end what she's doing there.

What? These ideas I'm coming up with are awesome material. :3

nuuuuuuh i dont wanna nerdy father taht dont do battle :( he needs to be a champion, e4 or atleast a gym leader, and mother should partake in pokemon musicals

....why? I think it's actually quite a refreshing idea. Not every father is the whole "bold" fighting figure.

Last edited:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • :,( yes it does :P haha but yeah id love too if mother was the leader of team plasma, but ofcourse the father would have to be champion than ;F

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • ^
    Haha, that would be something like a good vs. evil, father vs. mother thing if it would go that way (considering your father, as the champion, doesn't side w/ Team Plasma).

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • An involved mother villian father champion plot would be interesting. I know the Gym Leaders and Pkmn League frame will always be there but Pkmn really needs a better story. Maybe if the hero lived with his grandparents (father's side), knowing that his father was the champ but having no knowledge of his mother, who Grandma and Grandpa are not very keen to talk about.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • An involved mother villian father champion plot would be interesting. I know the Gym Leaders and Pkmn League frame will always be there but Pkmn really needs a better story. Maybe if the hero lived with his grandparents (father's side), knowing that his father was the champ but having no knowledge of his mother, who Grandma and Grandpa are not very keen to talk about.

Thats a little too complex for a pokemon story, and too much family members.

Last edited:
    Back