• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famous Artists

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Have you guys met any notable artists? This can include any kind of artist from comic artists at a convention to teachers at a school. Who have you met in person that's contributed to the artistic society in a notable way?

I personally have met a bunch of comic artists and am good friends with a mess of them. The latest on my list (and arguably the most famous) is Roger Cook.

His graphic design and photography have been used by IBM, Container Corporation of America, Montgomery Ward, Bristol Myers Squibb, Black & Decker, Volvo, Subaru, AT&T, New York Times, Bell Atlantic, BASF, Lenox, and a number of other major international corporations. He received the Presidential Award for Design Excellence from president Ronald Reagan and Elizabeth Dole on January 30, 1984 in the Indian Treaty Room of the Old Executive Office Building in Washington, DC. Juries under the auspices of the National Endowments chose the thirteen winners of the Federal Design Achievement Awards for the Arts.
    I met him at my boyfriend's Grandfather's funeral, which are terrible circumstances to meet someone, and he's requested an audience with me within the next two weeks. But I digress.

Discuss some of the famous artists you've met and post some of their work/information here. :)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I met Bill Plympton in person recently (well, months ago is still pretty recent). I asked him what he does to animate quickly, or something like that. I made sure I worded it in a way where he didn't answer "lol practice" because I've heard that one for years, and I'm not getting any quicker (more my fault. I probably could do cheaper stuff if I wanted, but my brain won't let me, haha). Something like "how many drawings do you do a day" or "what's your routine" or something. I forget the answer in detail but I took notes on everything he said.

Either way, I'm still slow and meticulous. I'm glad I met him, though, because I was working towards a Plympton styled animation before the fact. Then lost all the hand drawn art during the move. :(

I will attempt it again. Next year, probably.

Back