• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FAN-FILM] Pokémon Rising

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
Years
  • Okay, rather than revive a like 2 month old thread, I got a new one with more updates.
    The direction I had for the original attempt at the film was very different than the direction I'm going for now. I am currently rewriting a whole chunkload of the script and it has a very dark nature and I'm going for something like that of the Nolan Batman films.

So here's a new(ish) plot:
    "After nuclear warheads wipe seven of the world's greatest cities off the planet, the world goes into pure chaos. Over the next twenty years, the world literally tears itself apart. Now Kanto is the last safe haven on Earth, home to a breed of fantastic creatures believed to be God's gift to bring humanity back to its feet…
    But something else stirs, an organization bent on studying such creatures to an extreme proportion. They successfully clone Mew, a lost creature… but with horrible consequences. The resulting clone rampages madly around Viridian City and faces off with his creators one by one.
    We follow Ash Ketchum, an animal rights activist and fugitive from hundreds of ROCKET agents as he tries to escape the clutch of the evil organization."

Other than that, I'm basically trying to develop this semi-futuristic dystopia run by terror. The Pokémon would be creatures kept as "guard-dogs", but due to such a collapsing world, the Pokémon are used to fight each other for money.
    Ash Ketchum doesn't believe in this madness and decides to make a difference and prove all the "trainers" wrong. Then we have the whole backstory that Team Rocket (just called ROCKET in the film) runs everything and keeps people in line by use of fear.

The Pokémon would have some sort of unspoken code. Like the rules in I, Robot I guess. It is that they can't harm humans and they must do as humans say once they are captured.

In the end we kind of have all the characters face off against each other in Viridian City.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I really don't think you have to go through all that Effort...

Think of the Lawsuits... *shudders*

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • Sounds interesting, I'm wondering how you would show the Pokemon though...
    If I had the resources, it'd be CGI. It's just a project idea in the works.
    I dunno, puppets for some of the smaller ones?

The thing is, if I get everything written and filmed ASAP, then CGI can be added in later... like even years later.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Ah, I guess that makes sense. But from what I remember from your previous thread, you were planning on making the Pokemon look more realistic, is that still what you are doing?

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was following your first updates on the last thread and this seems different and dark.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow, the first minute of that script is scary. Why does the President have to get assassinated?

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • Wow, the first minute of that script is scary. Why does the President have to get assassinated?

Its a sequence of events leading to the "end of the world" (almost). The world tears itself apart after the president is assassinated and six cities are blown up. Thus, it results into the broken world that the film takes place in.

Also, I got a poster idea here:
    [FAN-FILM] Pokémon Rising

Tried putting Pikachu in there with photoshop, didn't work. I'll probably go through a lot more revisions in the future.

I also got the OPENING MUSIC!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pWXR6P_TdA

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Very interesting... I really like the screenplay, though I think the V/O of Ash should be an older version of himself... I just can't picture a 13 year old saying that... And you should probably change Gary to Oak's son, because in the beginning you make it seem like Sam and Delia are the same age, or at least close.

And if you need any help with writing the script or anything, don't hesitate to ask.

And the title music is very well done, it fits perfectly with the darker atmosphere!

Edit: Also; I think you should show the scene where Ash sees the Ho-oh, just because it sort of marks him as special...

Last edited:

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    This reminds me of a really awesome mature fanfic I read called Pokemon Master by Ace Sanchez, this is so awesome script! Squee! Can the actor who plays Ash be a teenager (15-16)? Erika and Sabrina could be nice additions. And can you add some rare Pokemon such as Suicune or maybe even Lapras or Ninetails?? Just wondering.

Maybe you also could add evolutionary stones or even TM/HMS, Pokeballs such as Masterballs or Ultraballs??

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • If you're ever gonna use small chamber ensembles and other small music groups, (I thought hiring a orchestra would be too much money for any director anyway) I can play Clarinet, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Piano, Base Clarinet, and Baritione. So, PM me if ya ever need something like that. :)

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • This reminds me of a really awesome mature fanfic I read called Pokemon Master by Ace Sanchez, this is so awesome script! Squee! Can the actor who plays Ash be a teenager (15-16)? Erika and Sabrina could be nice additions. And can you add some rare Pokemon such as Suicune or maybe even Lapras or Ninetails?? Just wondering.

Maybe you also could add evolutionary stones or even TM/HMS, Pokeballs such as Masterballs or Ultraballs??
    Ash is around 13/14 rather than 10. Sabrina and Erika are planned for the film, but I might run into a few casting problems. So I'm planning on having all the Gym leaders make some sort of appearance.
    Suicune is a second gen Pokemon so I'd want to save him for a sequel, however with Lapras and Ninetails could be easier to put in (given if I actually had CGI artists, but its just a script for right now).

Now as for HMs and TMs... TMs (Technical Machines) are machines which inject chemicals into the Pokemon and mess with their genetic make-up. HMs are a prototype version of reusable TMs, however the delivery helicopter got shot down at a high altitude and scattered the machines across Kanto. Thus they became "Hidden" Machines.

A single MasterBall exists, and I'm planning on having it used to capture Mewtwo in the end. Ultraballs are just really expensive and accurate Pokeballs.

Hope that helped.

On a side note... MOAR MUSIC:
    https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/173843

Last edited:

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • So, wait, clarify this for me, but will you actually make this into a movie or something?
    The music and poster have got me thinking that this is a film.

Back