• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfic idea

Years
  • Okay, so some time last year I began writing (actually WRITING- PEN TO PAPER AND ALL) a fan fic. And I am on a mission to show people the darker side of Pokemon, the video games and anime (after season 2) is just to light hearted. But I want to know if you all would be interested in reading a fan fic like this. Heres the basic plot.

A young boy is left a mysterious Pokemon Egg, his inheritance from his deaceased grandfather. He waits for it to hatch...and waits....and waits....

Four years later, the egg has yet to hatch.

It is a normal day. The boy is woke up by his alarm clock, which as a result is thrown across the room and breaks. But what really gets the boy to awaken is that the egg, which has sat on a desk in the corner of his room has begun to shake....

The egg hatches, and the boy is soon forved to go on an adventure that will change his life forever...and maybe yours.

Hows that? I want to know before I share it...just to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Okay, so some time last year I began writing (actually WRITING- PEN TO PAPER AND ALL) a fan fic. And I am on a mission to show people the darker side of Pokemon, the video games and anime (after season 2) is just to light hearted. But I want to know if you all would be interested in reading a fan fic like this. Heres the basic plot.

A young boy is left a mysterious Pokemon Eg,, his inheritance from his deaceased grandfather. He waits for it to hatch...and waits....and waits....

Four years later, the egg has yet to hatch.

It is a normal day. The boy is woke up by his alarm clock, which as a result is thrown across the room and breaks. But what really gets the boy to awaken is that the egg, which has sat on a desk in the corner of his room has begun to shake....

The egg hatches, and the boy is soon forved to go on an adventure that will change his life forever...and maybe yours.

Hows that? I want to know before I share it...just to hear your thoughts.

Sounds interesting, I'd read it. I like fics with a dark side >=}

Anyhoo... I do have a question: Is the egg inheriting part going to be in the main body of the fic, or in the prologue?

EDIT: I see that one of the tags of this thread was "riolu." Does that mean that the Pokemon in the egg is said Pokemon, or what that someone else?

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • I think it's a good idea. Even if I didn't think so, I would say go ahead and write it as long as it didn't start with the overused "trainer wakes up late and recieves pikachu :D" idea or a variant of such. I am already curious, and I've only seen a snippet! So, by all means, write it :D

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Interesting. New trainer story where the trainer starts off with an egg instead of a Pokemon in a Poke Ball. Already a new spin, so that looks promising.

How dark are we talking about here? Death and destruction? Prophecies?

Years
  • Sounds interesting, I'd read it. I like fics with a dark side >=}

Anyhoo... I do have a question: Is the egg inheriting part going to be in the main body of the fic, or in the prologue?

EDIT: I see that one of the tags of this thread was "riolu." Does that mean that the Pokemon in the egg is said Pokemon, or what that someone else?
    It will be in the Prolouge, though it will be referanced all through the fic.
    And...well I suppose the Meowths out of the bag (xD stupid Pokemon puns), yes it will be a rIolu. Only I have come up with quite an interesting concept for Riolu, so rest assured this will not be your average Riolu...the same goes for all others that will appear.

Interesting. New trainer story where the trainer starts off with an egg instead of a Pokemon in a Poke Ball. Already a new spin, so that looks promising.

How dark are we talking about here? Death and destruction? Prophecies?
    Yes, Yes, and Yes^^ and it will defainatly be a lot more emotional than plain-old Pokemon has ever been or can even dream of being

Last edited:

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Wait, was that a yes to prophecies? If so, you need to be careful how you develop that. Make sure you add a twist in somehow to the prophecy and try to be as anti-generic as you can without being completely obvious.

A Riolu, eh? I don't remember if I have read too many fics with Riolu in them, especially since I haven't played D/P yet and have no idea what a Riolu is. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, especially now with the promise of death and destruction ^^

Years
  • Wait, was that a yes to prophecies? If so, you need to be careful how you develop that. Make sure you add a twist in somehow to the prophecy and try to be as anti-generic as you can without being completely obvious.

A Riolu, eh? I don't remember if I have read too many fics with Riolu in them, especially since I haven't played D/P yet and have no idea what a Riolu is. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, especially now with the promise of death and destruction ^^
    Well, the prophecies are going to be a bit vaugue at first. They'll become clearer as the end gets closer, but you wont totally figure it out until the very end. And there going to be a bit different from most. But it wont revolve around that..I cant say too much without giving it away^^

Buoysel

Years

Riolu is popular because it is "cute," and it evolves into Luciro. I've read at least three fics so far with a Riolu in it. However; all three fics have done a good job with said Pokemon.

I think that enough people here are like me and would like to see, uh read a nice dark fic where a poor innocent Pokemon gets dismembered.

Well, the prophecies are going to be a bit vaugue at first. They'll become clearer as the end gets closer, but you wont totally figure it out until the very end. And there going to be a bit different from most. But it wont revolve around that..I cant say too much without giving it away^^

Good, just make sure you finished it, too many good fics on here go unfinished. (I'm not one to speak) I know some people on here do finish there's, but more are left unfinished.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

Yeah, I'll have to agree here. ^_^; Problem is with OT stories, a lot of them contain prophecies of some kind or another. Some contain death, but it's not as common, I think.

I'd suggest reading some OTs on Fanfiction.net and around here to get to know what other people have done. That should give you an idea of what kinds of things people have seen before, so you can brainstorm for ideas on how to make yours stick out.

Of course, I really don't know what you already have planned; perhaps you've already taken that into consideration. So, I'll keep an eye on what you're doing to see where you're going specifically.

Besides, I'm of the school that death and destruction really never hurt a fandom. *thumbs up*

Years
  • Good, just make sure you finished it, too many good fics on here go unfinished. (I'm not one to speak) I know some people on here do finish there's, but more are left unfinished.

Oh I will finish it. I hand wrote most of this already...there is no way Im just gonna drop it.

Yeah, I'll have to agree here. ^_^; Problem is with OT stories, a lot of them contain prophecies of some kind or another. Some contain death, but it's not as common, I think.

I'd suggest reading some OTs on Fanfiction.net and around here to get to know what other people have done. That should give you an idea of what kinds of things people have seen before, so you can brainstorm for ideas on how to make yours stick out.

Of course, I really don't know what you already have planned; perhaps you've already taken that into consideration. So, I'll keep an eye on what you're doing to see where you're going specifically.

Besides, I'm of the school that death and destruction really never hurt a fandom. *thumbs up*
    But actually, I'm playing with the prophecy....I have the story set up so it an go on without it. In my opinion, they are really over-used. So I may end up not useing it, it just depends on how you, the loyal readers, react xD

Last edited:

Buoysel

Years
  • Oh I will finish it. I hand wrote most of this already...there is no way Im just gonna drop it.

But actually, I'm playing with the prophecy....I have the story set up so it an go on without it. In my opinion, they are really over-used. So I may end up not useing it, it just depends on how you, the loyal readers, react xD
    lol

Do you have any idea how long it will before you post a chapter.

I also suggest hiring a beta reader. Check out the thread titled "Beat Place"

Years
  • lol

Do you have any idea how long it will before you post a chapter.

I also suggest hiring a beta reader. Check out the thread titled "Beat Place"
    well, I'm gonna try to have the first chapter up by tomorrow. I have a few more ready but I can give an exact estimate between posts depends on time...December is finals and End of Course Tests month for me, so until schools out, which the last day is December 19th, I cant be sure how long it will be between chapters. As for the beta reader, I've already let my friends and several others on other sites see it, but I'll look into it anyway^^

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • Dark Original Trainer stories... I think they're brilliant, usually the hardest to write but they're very interesting for everyone. I like them so much in fact I wrote one.

Go ahead, death and destruction aren't actually bad in OT fics. I might have a look at yours when it's up.

Oh by the way, use Shaymin as a messanger of death and I'll kill you. That's my idea.

Years
  • Dark Original Trainer stories... I think they're brilliant, usually the hardest to write but they're very interesting for everyone. I like them so much in fact I wrote one.

Go ahead, death and destruction aren't actually bad in OT fics. I might have a look at yours when it's up.

Oh by the way, use Shaymin as a messanger of death and I'll kill you. That's my idea.
    Shaymin as a messanger of death...really? -_- xD If any of the ledendaries were a messanger of death, I would have it be one that fits it...like Darkrai or something like that. But I actually didnt plan on useing many of the legendaries, especially Shaymin since I havent seen movie 11 yet so I have no clue about what it does except for something about nature. Dont worry, Shaymin wont be a messanger of death...and now to go begin writing it....

Back