• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
  • ..Bigger? I feel like it's shrinking...2004 was much more active.

Um, welcome back, Silver...? XD

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • *gasps* Horrors, I actually attracted teh attention of Mod 001?!?! On my first try?!

I shall now run into a blender.

*shrugs* Shrinking? As in, less active? As in, lack of SPAM?

I like that.

How ya doin', LilyPichu? Didja write any good One-shots recently?

*twitches, talks behind the back of his hand* Actually, all her one-shots are good. *jerks* I'm talking to myself again. *twitches*

Wahl, you must remember that 2004 was, erm, a long time ago. In posting-time. XP

I like your pretty signature. It just... Fits with the white background. [/random]

SilverBlaze09

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I could care less about the mod status, although I do admit it's quite enjoyable reigning supreme over you minions- I-I mean, *cough* no, I haven't been writing lately. It's been an absolutely dreadful, bleak era of inactivity. Give me inspiration, Silver~ Thou art Lileth's only hope~ ;_;

2004 was a while ago, but I just can't believe it's already 2006.

shfiuagfwfhiwe one shots are NOT good. NOT GOOD. NOT. GOOD. saifghufgiqugqifban.

ahem.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • >.> This place sort of scares me now. Everything is so... foreign.

Hn. Uhh.... hello?

This place is so much... quieter... than SPPf. It's like being with my crazy brothers and then finally having a chance to lock myself in my room.

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011
    Act said:
    Hn. Uhh.... hello?

This place is so much... quieter... than SPPf. It's like being with my crazy brothers and then finally having a chance to lock myself in my room.

I agree with you on that. I remember coming here for the first time (Not like I've been that active here.) thinking on how.. different this is from Serebii.

It's kinda nice though - even if it feels like a bit of a ghost town. Not so much drama and stuff... The drama over there just makes my head spin sometimes. ^^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • lol i never really liked the fanfic lounge with its own section... I was only hoping for a fanfic archive page ^_^;

Years
  • *smites Lily, Act, and Saffire Persian*

Oh I've noticed FFlounge decrease in activity before I asked Jorge to make the subforums. And besides, I tried to clean up FF forum because it was cluttered with those stickied posts and "read me"s and "help me"s and Frosty's review thread.

But I do like the Fanfiction Archive. It singles out the cool kids. =D

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • Meh, I don't mind so much the slower pace. I think we end up having better discussions overall. There's just not so much screaming random stuff and drama over here. Fewer people talk in all caps.

I don't think that the creation of the lounge really decreased the activity--it seemed it was slowing down before then, and there was a brief upswing in posts after it got created. Mostly people going "Ooh shiny FF lounge," but that's neither here nor there.

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Reply?

LilyPichu said:
    I could care less about the mod status, although I do admit it's quite enjoyable reigning supreme over you minions- I-I mean, *cough*
    Well, at least you're being authorative. XD
    LilyPichu said:
    no, I haven't been writing lately. It's been an absolutely dreadful, bleak era of inactivity. Give me inspiration, Silver~ Thou art Lileth's only hope~ ;_;
    Um, isn't that... Bad? Inspiration from me? I am but a lowly h00mon while you are... Mod. XD

*muses* Well, what were you writing before? I mean, you were writing all those one-shots, but did they have a theme? And do you have any clue as to why you stopped? What kind of stories do you like writing?
    LilyPichu said:
    2004 was a while ago, but I just can't believe it's already 2006.
    Heh, I feel kinda the same way. 'Cept it's more along the line of 'oh, looky, another year around the bend'. XP XD
    LilyPichu said:
    shfiuagfwfhiwe one shots are NOT good. NOT GOOD. NOT. GOOD. saifghufgiqugqifban.

ahem.
    *shakes head* You know you're crazy when you can read the gibberish that somebody types... XD

Well, if your one-shots (which are better than mine) are bad, then I must be lousy. :P Gasp, I actually used a smilie... XD
    Act said:
    I like the quietness. SPPF is kinda bad. My points are succinct and perfect in every way because they are short. Except that last one. XD I read you on the brothers thing. Again, SPPF is so, uh, loud. Kinda-maybe-sorta-yeah. I can't keep track of what's happening there as easily as I can here. It must be the atmosphere.
    Niko said:
    *smites Lily, Act, and Saffire Persian*

Oh I've noticed FFlounge decrease in activity before I asked Jorge to make the subforums. And besides, I tried to clean up FF forum because it was cluttered with those stickied posts and "read me"s and "help me"s and Frosty's review thread.

But I do like the Fanfiction Archive. It singles out the cool kids. =D
    *gasps* The great Supah Mod hath smitededed somebodies! XD Whoo, congrats on the upgrade, Niko. Now the FF Forums will finally be able to rule the world... Oh, wait, that requires an Admin... XP XD

Oh, well, at least we can rule, uh, erm, um, donuts? Yeeaahh... XD

I'm sorry, but what exactly IS the FF Archive? I mean, I looked in there and I saw a buncha still-in-progress fics, like 'Hoenn Mirror World' (which I finally got around to reading yesterday). Isn't an archive for finished works, or did I fail to read something? I'd better check.
    Negrek said:
    Meh, I don't mind so much the slower pace. I think we end up having better discussions overall. There's just not so much screaming random stuff and drama over here. Fewer people talk in all caps.
    That was my feeling when I first found this place. It's much easier to be heard here where the conversation goes at a decent pace and you can talk in one thread, whereas SPPF seems to be mostly just newbies, n00bies and EXP's all trying to be heard in multiple threads. Like the comfortable setting of a coffee lounge versus a bunch of tables in the middle of a mall's eating circle.

*shudders* I saw my second (or was it third?) CAPS TALKER/SCREAMER a few days ago. Those people are nuts, and I doubt they even know what they're doing wrong when they get scolded. XD

Hey, y'all, I was wondering, just because I was. Have any of you seen ANY FF where Team Rocket are the good guys, or at least allied with the good guys trying to save the world or stop the bad guys? I can't seem to find any of them.

SilverBlaze09

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • Oh, I wasn't saying I disliked the slower pace. Quite the opposite. I like the discussions we have here very much.

This thread is like its own little mini-forum.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • o_o I'm scared to go in SPPf, now. All those talented/n00bish writers in one.

So here's how it's gonna work :

-We gather as many people as possible in the FF lounge, and when the maximum amount of people has been reached, we distribute them equally towards all parts of PC
    - Sooner or later the inactivity in this forum will be vanquished, and a whole new era of fanfictions will emerge
    -To cure the crowded atmosphere, we create various forums solely dedicated to fanfiction lounges and such
    -After gaining roughly 45.2% more popularity, we take it over to SPPf
    -Whilst posting a fic there, one includes the message of, "Oh, I posted this at PC [WWW.POKECOMMUNITY.COM] (blatant advertising) but I don't know if it'll do very well here. ^___^ smileyface smileyface"
    -Not only on SPPf, but on your signatures as well
    -This process will be slow and may not work, but according to my calculations, it should work (at a range of 82%) based on whether or not we executed the above steps successfully
    -After all these requirements have been fulfilled, we bash our heads trying to think of some wonderful masterpiece of a fanfic, instantly attracting attention, perhaps of other members as well (post this on SPPf too, for advertisement)
    -When some time has passed, most of the phases will have been completed automatically. The only thing left to do then is repeat steps and and let time do its work
    -I predict a year before P:TUEOAOFBTFFL (Plan: Total Utter Elimination Of All Other Forums Besides The Fanfiction Lounge) is complete.

Thank you, thank you. *bows*

X)

Last edited:

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • SilverBlaze09 said:
    Hey, y'all, I was wondering, just because I was. Have any of you seen ANY FF where Team Rocket are the good guys, or at least allied with the good guys trying to save the world or stop the bad guys? I can't seem to find any of them.

SilverBlaze09
    [/FONT]
    Team Rocket being good guys? o_O
    I don't think such a thing exist. XP

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Yes there are tons of those around... ranging from the Jessie-James-Meowth trio being the good guys to the entire team rocket being the actual good guys (and the League being the real bad guys) too. If you do see that Team Rocket is being pretty good, it's pretty likely that the fanfic can't suck that much at all XP

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Frostweaver said:
    Yes there are tons of those around... ranging from the Jessie-James-Meowth trio being the good guys to the entire team rocket being the actual good guys (and the League being the real bad guys) too. If you do see that Team Rocket is being pretty good, it's pretty likely that the fanfic can't suck that much at all XP
    Shows how much I know about Pokemon fanfiction.

Then again, I don't think it matters since they'll never be in my fics anyway.

[SPOIL="HM3 aka Hoenn a la Mode"]I'll take Alamode and the Rainbow Sisters over Jessy, James, and Meowth any day.

Well, they don't work the same way as the trio (eg. they don't steal Pokemon), but they often annoy the heck out of everyone, especially the Mirror Lights and Frontier Elite a la Mode (Mirror Hoenn Frontier brains).[/SPOIL]

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Lily said:
    So here's how it's gonna work :

-We gather as many people as possible in the FF lounge, and when the maximum amount of people has been reached, we distribute them equally towards all parts of PC
    - Sooner or later the inactivity in this forum will be vanquished, and a whole new era of fanfictions will emerge
    -To cure the crowded atmosphere, we create various forums solely dedicated to fanfiction lounges and such
    -After gaining roughly 45.2% more popularity, we take it over to SPPf
    -Whilst posting a fic there, one includes the message of, "Oh, I posted this at PC [
    WWW.POKECOMMUNITY.COM] (blatant advertising) but I don't know if it'll do very well here. ^___^ smileyface smileyface"
    -Not only on SPPf, but on your signatures as well
    -This process will be slow and may not work, but according to my calculations, it should work (at a range of 82%) based on whether or not we executed the above steps successfully
    -After all these requirements have been fulfilled, we bash our heads trying to think of some wonderful masterpiece of a fanfic, instantly attracting attention, perhaps of other members as well (post this on SPPf too, for advertisement)
    -When some time has passed, most of the phases will have been completed automatically. The only thing left to do then is repeat steps and and let time do its work
    -I predict a year before P:TUEOAOFBTFFL (Plan: Total Utter Elimination Of All Other Forums Besides The Fanfiction Lounge) is complete.

Thank you, thank you. *bows*

X)
    *blinks* That's... Incredible.

Genius! XD

*applauds* Now to implement the different steps. XD I don't understand the first line, though. XD
    Frostweaver said:
    Yes there are tons of those around... ranging from the Jessie-James-Meowth trio being the good guys to the entire team rocket being the actual good guys (and the League being the real bad guys) too. If you do see that Team Rocket is being pretty good, it's pretty likely that the fanfic can't suck that much at all XP
    Y'know, it seems to me that the Elite Four is much put-upon. They're either totally bad, evil, no-good rotten nasty people like in the manga and the numerous FF about that, or they're the hazy, ignorable background characters that the main character will eventually hafta beat but has to do a lot before then. Heck, I've only seen two authors actually use the E4 as if they were any good at all as main characters or support characters: Ash Junior and Pinecone Tortoise. XP

Or maybe I'm just paranoid and psychotic.

Can you link any of those aforementioned stories to me?
    Strawberry said:
    I'll take Alamode and the Rainbow Sisters over Jessy, James, and Meowth any day.

Well, they don't work the same way as the trio (eg. they don't steal Pokemon), but they often annoy the heck out of everyone, especially the Mirror Lights and Frontier Elite a la Mode (Mirror Hoenn Frontier brains).
    *beats over the head with a pancake* You give away too much!!1! XD

'Nuther totally ridiculous question, I guess, because I totally am curious: Does anybody use real-life countries (e.g. Russia, Japan, U.S.A, etc.) in PKMNFF, and, if they do, do they use them in an active way or are they just mentioned and forgotten?

SilverBlaze09

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I personally like to use pokemon world as the setting in fanfics... haven't seen that many good fics that use real countries.

Elite Four sounds too good to pass on for anything but evil purposes ;p The manga uses the Elite Four of Hoenn as completely good people, especially Wallace/Steven. However, I really think that GSC Elite Fours are a lot more usable than the current ones. Phoebe and Syndey are so "eugh."

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Frostweaver said:
    I personally like to use pokemon world as the setting in fanfics... haven't seen that many good fics that use real countries.
    *shrugs* I meant where both the real world countries and the Pokémon Regions were together. 'Mexican Trainers'. XD

Actually, now that I think about it, the real world is definitely somehow integrated with the Pokémon world. 'The Lightning American'.
    Elite Four sounds too good to pass on for anything but evil purposes ;p The manga uses the Elite Four of Hoenn as completely good people, especially Wallace/Steven. However, I really think that GSC Elite Fours are a lot more usable than the current ones. Phoebe and Syndey are so "eugh."
    Eh, Sydney's okay. His hairdo needs a serious redo. XP XD Personally, I liked the manga GSC Elite Four. Will, Karen, Bruno and Koga? Whoots! XD

*glowers at himself* I was replying to the Ultimate Writer's Challenge with a huge post, and I wanted to confirm whether or not Alakazam learns both Reflect and Light Screen, so I idiotly clicked on Yahoo and went to Serebii, then CLOSED! XP Bye-bye post. XP

Otherwise, that game looks like more fun than a barrel full of mankey who've just been insulted by a jigglypuff. XD

SilverBlaze09

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back