• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • It would've been a fun game for the players I imagine, but it's insane on the brain for the one to make up new questions that often and that fast o_O;; Really, Frosty needs more inspiration for some more unique questions... They're much harder to think of in comparison to what I have first in mind.

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • Hahaha, we should all band together and write a joint uber-fic! xP

Does anybody use real-life countries (e.g. Russia, Japan, U.S.A, etc.) in PKMNFF, and, if they do, do they use them in an active way or are they just mentioned and forgotten?

I'll make passing mentions, because obviously they are known to the pokemon world (there's a Emerald Pokedex entry that rferences "Indian elephants' but I forget which one it is), but I've never considered a fic based in another place 'cause that'd be a little strange.

EMG CZECHS WIN BRONZE :D:D:D

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Frostweaver said:
    It would've been a fun game for the players I imagine, but it's insane on the brain for the one to make up new questions that often and that fast o_O;; Really, Frosty needs more inspiration for some more unique questions... They're much harder to think of in comparison to what I have first in mind.
    Well, I suppose an easy way to make things simpler (which you've probably thought of already, but I thought I'd mention it in case you haven't) is to list the different categories you rate in your reviews (plot, grammar, description, etc.) and then select one to base each question off of. You could even break each category down further and begin making sub-categories. Then it becomes more of a matter of thinking up a QUESTION instead of a type of question, question and all that.

Perhaps I'm raving. I need to leave. XD
    Act said:
    Hahaha, we should all band together and write a joint uber-fic! xP
    Eh, now that I think about it, that's a bad idea. Where would all the medals go? XD
    I'll make passing mentions, because obviously they are known to the pokemon world (there's a Emerald Pokedex entry that rferences "Indian elephants' but I forget which one it is), but I've never considered a fic based in another place 'cause that'd be a little strange.
    I think it's Hariyama. No, that was 'freight trains'.

Which brings up another question!

What kind of transportation technology do you put in your fics? Why or why not? When I say 'transportation technology', I mean like trains, airplanes, cars, helicopters, hover scooters, etc.)

SilverBlaze09

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    SilverBlaze09 said:
    'Nuther totally ridiculous question, I guess, because I totally am curious: Does anybody use real-life countries (e.g. Russia, Japan, U.S.A, etc.) in PKMNFF, and, if they do, do they use them in an active way or are they just mentioned and forgotten?

SilverBlaze09 said:
    Actually, now that I think about it, the real world is definitely somehow integrated with the Pokémon world. 'The Lightning American'.

The regions featured in the games and any adaptions are indeed based off of Japan. And yes, Lt. Surge is indeed an American (in the Japanese version of the anime, he constantly uses Engrish when he speaks), and Mew is from South America.

Anyway, to answer your question, my story takes place in Jouto. However, I do quite a bit to make the setting seem like modern-day Japan, which as I said, is exactly what Jouto's based off of (hell, several of the region's landmarks should've given you that impression already).

SilverBlaze09 said:
    What kind of transportation technology do you put in your fics? Why or why not? When I say 'transportation technology', I mean like trains, airplanes, cars, helicopters, hover scooters, etc.)

Yes, I did feature airplanes (though airships, like the anime, are still an often-used form of transportation), and unlike the portrayal in the games, anime, etc., cars are actually fairly common. They pass by quite a bit in the cities, and one was even encountered in the route between cities. Like I said, I go for a modern Japanese-like setting, so such vehicles should show up quite a bit.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • SilverBlaze09 said:
    Something like that. XD So yeah, what kind of technology do you prefer shticking in your fics?

SilverBlaze09
    I'd like to put in stuff like the Internet, television, DVD players, VCRs, cell phones, video game systems...

Basically, a lot of the stuff we have today.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Actually, I wouldn't mind doing a Drew fic. And if May happened to fall into the story, I wouldn't protest. I for one support contest-shipping.

I also support CacturneShipping. Harley and a minefeild <33 *will make a fic about Harley getting murdered one day* D:

...basically, I haven't written a fic in awhile ._. But I'd like to, I need to start on one or something.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • Silverblaze09 said:
    Can you link any of those aforementioned stories to me?
    I know there are quite a few of that kind, but the only one that I've actually read is Pokemon Revolution by Farla. Looks like she took it offline, though.

With regards to actual countries and the like being incorporated into the pokemon world, they do get mention later on in my 'fic, but they aren't actually on the same planet.

Most of my characters get around through teleportation, walking, or flying on pokemon. As for other technology, really the only deviation that I have from the shows and such is the Dexwork, which is sort of like an internet that links all of the pokedexes in the world together, allowing for rapid exchange of information about newly discovered species, etc, and allows for access to a lot more information than you could just cram into one little device.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Paul said:
    Actually, I wouldn't mind doing a Drew fic. And if May happened to fall into the story, I wouldn't protest. I for one support contest-shipping.

I also support CacturneShipping. Harley and a minefeild <33 *will make a fic about Harley getting murdered one day* D:

...basically, I haven't written a fic in awhile ._. But I'd like to, I need to start on one or something.

That'd be awesome. I was planning to write my own just for contestshipping because nobody else was, but since you are I might not, but then again... XD

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Yamato-San said:
    Yes, I did feature airplanes (though airships, like the anime, are still an often-used form of transportation), and unlike the portrayal in the games, anime, etc., cars are actually fairly common. They pass by quite a bit in the cities, and one was even encountered in the route between cities. Like I said, I go for a modern Japanese-like setting, so such vehicles should show up quite a bit.
    Yeah, I remember the airship. XD *smacks head against doorpost* Just wish I could bloody remember the Treecko's name. I will hafta reread your fic. XD

Strawberry said:
    I'd like to put in stuff like the Internet, television, DVD players, VCRs, cell phones, video game systems...

Basically, a lot of the stuff we have today.
    *is writing in big black notebook* M-O-D-E-R-N-Space-T-E-C-H-N-O-L-O-G-Y. Okay, got it. XD Video games... @.@
    Negrek said:
    With regards to actual countries and the like being incorporated into the pokemon world, they do get mention later on in my 'fic, but they aren't actually on the same planet.
    Wait, we're aliens?!?! XD
    Most of my characters get around through teleportation, walking, or flying on pokemon. As for other technology, really the only deviation that I have from the shows and such is the Dexwork, which is sort of like an internet that links all of the pokedexes in the world together, allowing for rapid exchange of information about newly discovered species, etc, and allows for access to a lot more information than you could just cram into one little device.
    *grins* Possessed machine!!1!! XD That was kinda funny. XD

Anyways...

You know how, in the manga, the Trainers get onto the battle field along with the Pokémon? And how in the show they stand off to either side, out of harm's way?

So I have another question, because I'm totally curious and hungry for blackma-information. XD The question for today is:

Which kind of battling do you prefer, why do you prefer it and what story have you read that best describes that particular style. Any style beyond the two above is acceptable, because I quite frankly would like to see some more original battling styles.

When I say 'styles', I mean as in how and where the character/s conduct battles. From the sidelines, through telepathy, in the thick of it, that sort of thing.

SilverBlaze09

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • Wait, we're aliens?!?! XD
    Yes.

When I say 'styles', I mean as in how and where the character/s conduct battles. From the sidelines, through telepathy, in the thick of it, that sort of thing.
    Usually from the sidelines. Psychics may conduct battles through telepathy if they are skilled enough. Also, some battles are required to have no human instruction at all--the humans stay way out of the way while the pokemon fight it out themselves.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Oh and this is just a general question, what do you call Ash and Misty pairing? Like Originalshipping?
    Oh and by the by, just to note, I am writing two new contestshipping fics. one that also has Ash and Misty shipping in it, and its from 4 different points of view. The other is just contestshipping, and not as much and just May's point of view

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • pokeshipping or AAML are all suggestions of AshxMisty... SAKL works too if you use japanese (which is really pointless EXCEPT to distinguish the M as in Misty or May.) Just stick with pokeshipping and ignore "AAML" cause the Misty/May thing is too annoying.

I'll be printing off parts of stories so I can read it at school tomorrow during my double spare ^_^; so the review for Chibi should hopefully finish soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Gah, I had like all day to write a fic, but I decided to work on my site instead <<"

In someways I'm disappointed in myself ._. I'll have to write later o.o

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I know how you feel. XD whats your site URL (even though that is so out of place here)

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    SilverBlaze09 said:
    You know how, in the manga, the Trainers get onto the battle field along with the Pokémon? And how in the show they stand off to either side, out of harm's way?

So I have another question, because I'm totally curious and hungry for blackma-information. XD The question for today is:

Which kind of battling do you prefer, why do you prefer it and what story have you read that best describes that particular style. Any style beyond the two above is acceptable, because I quite frankly would like to see some more original battling styles.

In my storylines, battles are rarely done for sport. When they are, it's your typical league stuff from the anime, trainers on the side-lines, etc. Nearly every other time, fight scenes are lot more serious. In such cases, humans actually get involved, as seen when Hiro went against Kiryuu (that's the Kimori's name, BTW), and several wild Pokemon that followed (ex. Ariados, Merriep). As the story progresses, antagonists, and maybe even a protagonist (I'm thinking about it), involve weapons in battle, and I hope to properly blend that in with the usage of Pokemon (as opposed to weapons overshadowing Pokemon).

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011
    Negrek said:
    Wait, we're aliens?!?! XD
    Yes.

That's extremely amusing to me.

As for your question, Silverblaze...

Well, I've only written thus far two Trainer/Pokemon battle scenes in my Fanfiction career thus far. But in any case, the trainers were just yelling out orders like they do in the animé. Right on the sidelines. Though I think in some cases the Trainers might have a more active role in the battle rather than just yelling out orders from the side, but it'd depend on the situation.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back