• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Lily said:
    Come to think of it, Naminé herself is quite astute when it comes to fanfiction. I'll drag her over right now over PM~

edit: She won't come. Pu~ ;.;

Naminé did not rule out the possibility that she will never visit Ms. Lily's precious fanfiction lounge. Naminé only said that she isn't very attracted to this place at the moment, as she has other business to handle as well, such as schoolwork. How could Naminé possibly reject Ms. Lily's kind offer to visit her lounge, since Naminé is apparently "amusing" to Ms. Lily in her mysterious, imaginary ways?

Yet, Naminé hardly knows anything about writing a story, and her knowledge about Pokemon is handicapped beyond repair to dedicate any form of art about these mystical creatures. Certainly, Naminé's dark, corrupted soul will fail in producing a writing of any decent quality about this pure, innocent world of Pokemon. But, perhaps she can visit once in awhile and try her best to vitalize this part of PC as well.

Naminé looks forward to Pokemon fanfiction writers visitng the DCC as well. Surely with the skill of precise word choices and other practices dealing with words and proses, authors here can help in reinstituiting quality posts within the PC DCC. Naminé will appreciate the help~

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    *pinch* You're full of it. >P

Just help us engage in some nice conversation, as that is your expertise. ^___^

edit: Oh, btw, your signature is admirable~

Last edited:

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    No, Naminé is in no way talented in lighting sparks to quality posts, or else she would have succeeded in making DCC a better place to chat for everyone. Yet, she is having major difficulty in doing so, and finds that most other forums suffice as better ways to chat within PC.

Naminé will try, as mentioned before, to look at some stories once in awhile. Perhaps she will do so this weekend when she is off from school?

Of course, of course, Naminé must thank Ms. Lily for the complicated codings for the beautiful signature~

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Kairi sincerely thanks Naminé for administering her time towards the large (or rather, meager) quantity of stories.

Yes, yes, the signature is marvelously crafted. :D That Kairi cannot deny, and she thanks Nami-chan for keeping it like so~

Years
    So yeah... ever had those times when you had your whole story laid out but you can't seem to start it because you're just so conflicted with so many things to do at school... like the SATs... CSTs.... French interview...

><

Quackerdrill

quiet, huh?
    Years
    *walks in quietly* Uh, yo. Let's try a spark.

Here's a question: which do you think is more interesting- a fic character based on a specific real person and personality that you have witnessed in your life, or one based on an archetypal kind of person/group that is a representaion of a bigger picture? Or in other words, should characters be extremely symbolic in name, appearance, personality, etc. or extremely realistic in these types of things? I've read both types and enjoyed both, but in terms of Pokemon fic which fits more easily with the fic style and trainer asthetic? Love to hear opinions... anything to wake yall up... XD

Years
    It depends. I tend to use real life structures because my friends can be so flexible and I can see them change their personalities, which is a good way of conveying character development. If you have boring friends, then I guess you can might as well stick with archetypes. Although archetypes will get boring sooner or later.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé actually thinks that Mr. Quackerdrill is essentially asking about nothing. He is asking about which of the two are better for a Pokemon fanfiction, yet should Naminé consider the answer of this question if she sees only one choice available to choose from? What the real life world states, and what an archetype dictates are essentially the same, for where do archetypes come from if it's not a repeating constant from the real world?

Of course, the only real difference between an archetype personality and a "true" personality is that an archetype personality has broken down a complex being into parts in Naminé's eyes. A "real" person is one that is a conglomerate of multiple archetype personalities. Mr. Quackerdrill may design his characters to possess only one personality ("archetype personality") or multiple personalities ("real personality.") Naminé sees this as a personal preference.

Naminé presents Mr. Quackerdrill with a square and a rectangle. What is Mr. Quackerdrill's favorite polygon out of the two?

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Lily makes up her own. It's far easier to envision one's impersonation of a character rather than to specify the aspects by basing it off of a real person. If absolutely necessary at some point in her life, Lily tends to switch frames of mind and work the opposite way~ Oh, then again, she wonders if there's a definite variation between the two.

Nami-chan is so eloquent and smart! :D

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    RE: Akinari's question about being busy

All the time. But then I work on my fanfiction anyway. XD

RE: Quackerdrill's question

Personally, while archetypes are pretty much condensed versions of common personality traits, I like to go for a more realistic approach. No one's going to relate to just one archetype, so to get readers into a story, I like to create characters that aren't necessarily based on them. For example, with Strawberry Delcatty's method of basing characters on astrology, rather than making a character that's typically an Aries, I make a character who is an Aries but acts a lot like a mix between Virgo, Aquarius, Tauros, Sagittarius, and something that might not even be covered by the astrological signs. Since no one acts completely like their own sign, that character then becomes realistic in simply the sense that she doesn't either.

However, when basing them on real people, I sometimes do, but I tend to shy away from that practice as well for the simple reason that the longer I continue to work with characters that are, for the most part, my friend in fictional form, I start to get creeped out by the fact that they are my friend in fictional form. Still, basing a character off a real person (even myself) seems to be a decent springboard for me simply because that real person has a fluid, complex personality, so the character based on her will, if done correctly, wind up the same.

Hope that makes sense, at least. Basically, all I'm saying is that, yes, archetypes are based on common traits of real personalities, but it's probably better to look at a real person for a model to really get how someone's psyche can be flexible and prone to change and to maybe even borrow some other traits from a person and learn from observing that person how to pull those traits together well to create a believable character a reader can find a way to relate to. You really don't get that sort of thing from an archetype, I think.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    My characters kind of "just happen". I need a character, I call him Bob, and when I start writing him he turns out to be shy or nervous or bad-tempered. :/ I don't think I've ever consciously made a decision about a character's personality.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    I don't really base my characters on anything. They tend to develop along with the plot and such, and don't have any set or defined "personality." I know how they act and think, but they're not related to anyone or anything in particular. Generally, I just put them in there because they have to do something, and through incidental occurences they develop a character.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Lily said:

Nami-chan is so eloquent and smart! :D

That, she is not, yet the reverse of what Ms. Lily said stands a very likely chance to be the real truth.

Naminé has a silly question that no doubt is elementary to the experienced writers here and would probably result in embarassment for Naminé due to her lack of knowledge. Naminé wonders how do people read stories here. Do reviewers always go up to an end to a particular section or chapter, or is it acceptable here to end in reading a story whenever she wants?

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Remember that Nami-chan isn't getting paid for reviewing; thus, she should be able to stop whenever she wants, lest the authors themselves have personal qualms against it. ^-^

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Lily said:
    Remember that Nami-chan isn't getting paid for reviewing; thus, she should be able to stop whenever she wants, lest the authors themselves have personal qualms against it. ^-^

Squee~! *pinches the cutest smilie*

While the topic of reviewing is aboard, when will Naminé get to read over Ms. Lily's fanfic that she has been writing for awhile already? Naminé is looking forward to the production of a brilliant story from the moderator of all writing forums in PC~

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Naminé said:
    Squee~! *pinches the cutest smilie*

While the topic of reviewing is aboard, when will Naminé get to read over Ms. Lily's fanfic that she has been writing for awhile already? Naminé is looking forward to the production of a brilliant story from the moderator of all writing forums in PC~

Sorry, Nami-chan has the wrong person. o_o;;

By the way, in case she hasn't noticed...*points to sig*

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Beh, been a while since I've posted here. Thought I'd drop by, as I attempted something recently that I felt reasonably confidant in. Anyways, hi all. I'm here, and I'm sick of rhetorical devices in general (AP Lang exam).

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    Anyways, hi all. I'm here, and I'm sick of rhetorical devices in general (AP Lang exam).
    Dude, did you just take that, too? I took that this morning...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Yeah. 'Twas severe ick. Out of curiosity, what were your essay prompts. We had two analyses, respectively on an essay about the Pink Lawn Flamingo and the other titled, "On The Want Of Money." The open prompt looked more like it belonged on a Psych or Social Sciences test, they asked about whether or not opinions expressed by public figures influenced out own and if this was antithetical to democracy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back