• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Fastest you beat G/S/C?

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Whats the quickest in hours you've been one of these games ^^ mine is 8 hours sadly <_<

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
    Years
    It's impossible to beat G/S/C in 8 hours, there's like 8 different goals!
    If you're talking about the main challenge - beating the Elite Four and whatshisname - I beat it in 47 hours.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I've beaten it in about 4 hours, using a VBA :P.

MasterZ

The Unbeatable Viking of Fury
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    If you're talk about the first 8 gyms and the elite four, it took me 10 hours (roughly). If you're including the the Kanto part and the elite four it took me 23 hours (roughly).

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Wow, just 7 or 8 hours? That's insane.

Anyway, it took about 40 hours for Gold.. I think. I restarted Silver and Crystal like a year ago and haven't beat it again yet..

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    It's impossible to beat G/S/C in 8 hours, there's like 8 different goals!
    If you're talking about the main challenge - beating the Elite Four and whatshisname - I beat it in 47 hours.

If its so impossible how did I do it -_- and om talking about the 8 gym badges/elite four not the kanto part <_<

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    If its so impossible how did I do it -_- and om talking about the 8 gym badges/elite four not the kanto part <_<

Well it would take a few days or 40 hours if your using a real life gameboy, because then you cant run or get the bike until the third badge. And it's not fast forwarding like a VBA.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Well it would take a few days or 40 hours if your using a real life gameboy, because then you cant run or get the bike until the third badge. And it's not fast forwarding like a VBA.

I did use a real gameboy. I played straight through the game for the whole day I'll be honest where I was in 8 hours was by Lake of Rage solving team rockets base with lance =x Soo I beat it in 10 hours..but 40hours? Only someone super none skilled at the game takes that long ;_: like by the time I've done 40hours play time I have like Dual Level 100's.

Years
    I clocked over 200 hours on my old Pokemon Crystal file, but most of that was taken up by raising Pokemon to Level 100.
    I will guess that the time it takes me to beat the Johto half of the game is anywhere from 15-25 hours... maybe more than that. I don't really like rushing through Pokemon games that much... or any game, for that matter. That's just my style of playing, though. I'm one of those talk-to-every-NPC-in-the-game people.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    You have a shiny scizor anthrax how on earth did you do that ;_; I never got a single shiny pokemon on pokemon crystal im so lucky GOOD JOB with that though :P

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I believe the first time it took me 9 hrs and then it only took my 6-7 hrs after that.

I haven't played any of those in a long time.

Woah, someone beat my record with 6-7 hours GJ! Do you mean getting all the way to red or just the elite four?

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    Meh!!!

well, i never concentrate on speed, and i always seem to get side tracked on doing other things (catching a shiny,legendary,or just a rare pokemon)it usually takes me about 41-50 hours to defeat both halves of the game...i like to make my games last otherwise they become boring fairly quick...

Back