• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav Mangaka

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Their are manga with very good artstyles, in which every mangaka differs.
    The different styles are what set them apart from one another. So who is your favorite mangaka.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • While not everyone would consider her a mangaka, my favourite is M. Alice LeGrow, the creator of Bizenghast. It's such a fun story -- I'm actually getting the next book in a few hours -- and she puts so much detail into her work. Plus, it's just hard not to like her stuff. She's also able to pull off being very whimsical and down-to-earth at the same time. <3

Otherwise, I think Tite Kubo and Hiromu Arakawa have to be some of my faves. They've got awesome storytelling and artistic skills. <33

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • You know what I'm going to say

It is ultimately CLAMP. I just love how their stories are diffrent from regular. I mean, maybe a common concept but taken the way they do it...

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    If we're talking about artwork, I like the art of Kaori Yuki, Yukiru Sugisaki, and some of CLAMP's styles. :3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think my favourite has to be Yuu Watase. :x I haven't read all her stuff, but I just love her style. It's so pretty and her stories are very interesting. I'm also a sucker for shoujo romance, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    While his art may seem quaint and crude by modern standards, one cannot deny Osamu Tezuka's influence on the art form.

As for contemporary authors and illustrators, I'd have to go with Hiromu Arakawa, Tite Kubo, Kouichi Tokita, Yuu Watase, and the duo of Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito. I'm neutral towards Masashi Kishimoto, Rumiko Takahashi, CLAMP, and just about everyone else.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • In terms of art style,NOIZI ITO <3 Kiyohiko Azuma,Arina Tanemura,Tite Kubo,Ken Akamatsu and Rumiko Takahashi are also favorite mangaka's of mine,though I can say this : to me every mangaka has something decent for me to enjoy ;3

EDIT~I forgot Akamatsu <3 Thanks Rivvon xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Ken Akamatsu by far. His illustrating skills are the best I've seen, and he tells a mighty funny story! It's interesting to see how his art has improved from A.I. Love You, to Love Hina and now Negima!, and Negima! incorporates a great story with his familiar...rather "interesting" humor. I love how he just makes things work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Eiichiro Oda, creator of One Piece. Probably cause One Piece is my favourite series =P

But yeah, though many people don't like the artstyle, I love how it's comical, yet still can be used effectively in serious situations - the numerous faces and emotions depicted of the characters is proof of that. Moreover, while it does seem simple, he actually attends to little details, like the creases in a smile :]

More importantly, Oda is a story telling genius in my opinion. He's got this imaginative flair for one that seems to shine thorugh his work. He researches his stories too, inserting references throughout the arc that make it all that more fun to read.

Plus he can make the same plot great over and over again without it feeling repetitive :]

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Otherwise, I think Tite Kubo and Hiromu Arakawa have to be some of my faves. They've got awesome storytelling and artistic skills. <33

Tite and Arakawa skills are mediocre and they're grasp of anatomy are basic and nothing impressive.

I like Kouyu Shurei's art work. Her art is lush and beautiful and very pleasing to the eyes. Kentarou Miura's artwork is has always been beautiful. his grasp of anatomy is a amazing and he never makes impossible stuff up just to keep the plot going. Hoiroaki Samura's artwork blows all other manga artist work out of the water. Takehiko Inoue is probably the best example of how arts style changes over the years. Vagabond looks nothing like Slam Dunk. The characters actually look Asian. Takeshi Obata gets an honorable mention as well.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • People are mentioning so many! Other than Watase and CLAMP and a few others, I can't match a lot of these names up. (I'm horrible with names.) It's fun to look all these up. A great way to plot what I'll blow my paycheck on next. :cough:

Tite and Arakawa skills are mediocre and they're grasp of anatomy are basic and nothing impressive.

I like Kouyu Shurei's art work. Her art is lush and beautiful and very pleasing to the eyes. Kentarou Miura's artwork is has always been beautiful. his grasp of anatomy is a amazing and he never makes impossible stuff up just to keep the plot going. Hoiroaki Samura's artwork blows all other manga artist work out of the water. Takehiko Inoue is probably the best example of how arts style changes over the years. Vagabond looks nothing like Slam Dunk. The characters actually look Asian. Takeshi Obata gets an honorable mention as well.

To each their own, I suppose. Don't know if it bothers you or not, but since you seem a detail person, it's "their," not "they're," by the way. Anyway, your review/listing had me curious about who all was on it. I looked up several of the people you mentioned. Just a quick glance, but the work was impressive. Might check a story or two out later on. <3

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    CLAMP and Rumiko Takahashi are my favourite. I love pretty much all their work past, present and very likely future. And their works always end up as part of my all-time favourites.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • To each their own, I suppose. Don't know if it bothers you or not, but since you seem a detail person, it's "their," not "they're," by the way. Anyway, your review/listing had me curious about who all was on it. I looked up several of the people you mentioned. Just a quick glance, but the work was impressive. Might check a story or two out later on. <3

It was a typo, of course. =/

I didn't mean to come off as bashing your choice, but, hey, I have high standards for professionals. I know most manga artist are self taught (Ayami Kojima is self taught and art work is breath takeningly beautiful.) , but they still shouldn't draw like the average fan artist from DA. No offense to any DA user, but I hate that place.

Meh, some good manga artist never gain much a big fan base, because they don't get a fancy anime about their work.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Just remembered the name of two more cool mangaka: Aqua Mizuto and Yuzu Mizutan. From what I've read, they have more lighter/fluffy works, but it's quite good. If you're in the mood for more light-hearted shoujo magic-esque books, look up their stuff.

I'll stop posting until I can think of something better than little blurbs to say about the topic, but I wasn't trying to sound snappy, Me2. >_< You just really remind me of a friend of mine who likes her posts super-tidy, so I pointed it out of of habit. I think it's good people can agree to disagree here. X3

Anyway, you make some good points. I'm no expert on most any manga, but I know some really good stories nobody ever notices because they aren't by big-ticket authors/artists.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    My favorites would have to be Hiromu Arakawa and Natsuki Takaya. I love their work so much <3 They both are great at making their stories intersting and making you want to read more. Plus, of course the artwork is fantastic.

Marowak

used Bonemerang!
    Years
  • Fujisawa Toru.

At first, GTO's art kinda turned me off...however giving one volume a chance, it immediately turned me into a fan. 8D The humor really makes me laugh, and it's heart warming as well. I just love the way Tohru tells his stories. <3

As for art, I've always been a huge fan of Minekura Kazuya. Her attention to detail, as well as the overall quality of the art captivates me. I just love her work! ♥

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I really like CLAMP, Miho Obana, Tite Kubo, Eiichiro Oda, Masashi Kishimoto, Rumiko Takahashi, Akira Toriyama, Yuu Watase, Naoko Takeuchi, Yoshihiro Togashi, Natsuki Takaya, Masami Tsuda, Wataru Yoshizumi, Chiho Saito

Everyone of these guys tell wonderful stories and their artwork is amazing! I know it is a lot of artists I like. But they are totally awesome!

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    Chika Shiomi. Her manga stories are always an interesting read. The art is finely detailed, and I love the way she draws her panels. They're always so dynamic, full of action and energy.

Back