• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    that guy that beat ash in the Silver confrence u know w/ the sneasal and blazike, he wuz awesome, but I can't remember his name.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    well, misty & may got a tie in my eyes. both were funny and cute, and were ment to be with one person (ash for misty and drew for may). oh, i can't wait to here about who's gonna be right for dawn.

I take offence to this. Drew was a jerk, really I'd rather see May with Brock, at least he can cook.

My favorite character is definitely May. <3 Anybody who knows me knows I fangirl over her like crazy. xD

It was so awesome to finally have another character (especially a girl) have her own storyline next to Ash. I was getting so bored of gyms anyways, and the contests just got me interested again. May brought contests, interesting characters and just a load of fun to the show after having to deal with Johto. (Johto just made me stop watching the show.) But then I watched a couple episodes of AG and fell in love with the show again.

May, herself is an amazing character. She had the most character development out of all the characters. She started out as a clueless girl who hated Pokemon and just wanted to travel into an experience coordinator who loves Pokemon now. Even though I preferred her when she was clumsy and all, I still loved how the writers handled her development. They showed how she matured throughout the whole season. She has some of the most realistic scenes too, including her crying scenes (don't know why people bash her for that). Real girls cry. Everybody cries. And I love her crying scenes.

Okay, I'm done explaining why I love this girl to death. I just find her so amazing and awesome. The best character IMO. 8D

THANK YOU!!!!!!I love her too, she brought so much good ot the show (besides Max who was a little creepy sometimes) Dawn is inferior, sorry Dawnfanboy but there's more truth to May. Dawn's okay but without May there would be no Dawn.

I personally still find May to be my favourite character. She was a great, nice addition to the anime introducing to us contests alongside the Hoenn region. AG was one of my favourite seasons and that really appealed to me.

Max ruined it for me in numerous situations. May would have been an even better character if Max hadn't been around IMO, but it did show her "big-sister" side.

Again agreeing. Max was an annoying tag along but it did add to May's character to see how much she cared about him. Haruka Chan's right. She;s one of the best developped characters in the show.

I don't mean to seem like a May obsessed freak, or mainly, rude in my arguments or views but she's the biggest part of why i fell in love with pokemon again. I can't wait for her return (even if only temporary)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Shirona/Cynthia- She is the best champion ever , and she loves Roserade,Milotic,and Lucario

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I like Haruka. I love her except for the fact that she wears a fanny pack. She`s so sweet & even though she can be sort of bossy sometimes, she`s still my favorite character. =] Too bad she was replaced in the series though. GO HARUKA!

Antipathy00

Normal-type PokemonTrainer!
    Years
    Hmm I think Id go for the girl with big boobs and glasses from the Orange League if I recall well... her name was Lorelei ...
    Actually its been so long since I sat down watching the show...
    Always thought she was such a cool girly 'cause calm and thoughful characters are kind of rare in the Anime.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Without Misty, there'd be no May, Mr. May ! Ha ! Beat that !

Well one, i'm not trying to make a competition and two that may not be nessacarilly true. May opened the pokemon world up to contests, someone had to do that and May was the first. Dawn could still be in the show but she wouldn't be a whatchamacallit, contester. Always forget the word.XD

Years
    Anyhow I love all the main characters.
    And it would be so cool if Ash,Misty,Brock,May,Masato,Tracey and Dawn would go together to a new league.XD
    But I'm shure the only person who likes that idea.^^

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    My favorite Characters are mainly Ash,Richie,And Sammy from Pokemon 4 ever. i also like Benji from the episode Mountain Time The Pokemon Ranger Solana, May,Brock,Dawn, and her childhood friend Kenny.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Call me weird, but mine since around 2001 has been Bill. Okay, so he only got half an episode (one that was completely meant to explain the basics of the Pokemon world to someone's parents, newbies, or the really stupid) and doesn't actually show any of his Pokemon on screen, but there's always been something that's led me time and again to say that the episode was worth watching just because of him. Maybe it's his quirkiness. Maybe it's his outside-of-anime appearances. Maybe it's his adorable awkwardness and questionable sexuality. Or maybe it's just the fact that English accents make me squeal. Whatever it is, even though I've watched the episode so many times I can quote it without a problem, I just don't mind watching it another time because of him.

Other than that, most of the time, the only reason why I bother with the show is because of James (and Meowth, who doesn't really count in a question asking for only human characters). I mean, seriously, what's not to like? He wants to be evil but is actually a nice guy at heart. He's clumsy but has a sense of intelligence and gentleness that his partner tends to lack. He tends to be unintentionally funny most of the time (although most of the time, I'll admit it comes off as cheesy because of the writers). His past actually gives the viewers a reason to take him seriously, even though every other bit about him is ridiculous. He crossdresses in hilarious ways...

Oh, forget it. Let's just say "Flaming Moltres." Seriously!

Also, first-season Misty. Just because she kicked tail. Until the Egg of Satan latched onto her, at least.

JL3

FIRE AND DRAGON POKEMON TAMER!
    Years
    Call me weird, but mine since around 2001 has been Bill. Okay, so he only got half an episode (one that was completely meant to explain the basics of the Pokemon world to someone's parents, newbies, or the really stupid) and doesn't actually show any of his Pokemon on screen, but there's always been something that's led me time and again to say that the episode was worth watching just because of him. Maybe it's his quirkiness. Maybe it's his outside-of-anime appearances. Maybe it's his adorable awkwardness and questionable sexuality. Or maybe it's just the fact that English accents make me squeal. Whatever it is, even though I've watched the episode so many times I can quote it without a problem, I just don't mind watching it another time because of him.

Other than that, most of the time, the only reason why I bother with the show is because of James (and Meowth, who doesn't really count in a question asking for only human characters). I mean, seriously, what's not to like? He wants to be evil but is actually a nice guy at heart. He's clumsy but has a sense of intelligence and gentleness that his partner tends to lack. He tends to be unintentionally funny most of the time (although most of the time, I'll admit it comes off as cheesy because of the writers). His past actually gives the viewers a reason to take him seriously, even though every other bit about him is ridiculous. He crossdresses in hilarious ways...

Oh, forget it. Let's just say "Flaming Moltres." Seriously!

Also, first-season Misty. Just because she kicked tail. Until the Egg of Satan latched onto her, at least.

YEAH I realy never understood why James was on Team rocket if he is such anice guy.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    What do you mean by that ?

If you're speaking to me, then it might help to quote which part of my post you're confused about. I'd be happy to explain, but I have no idea what this is referring to.

Also, agreed with your latter post. It was partly because James wanted the freedom (as he stated at the end of "Holy Matrimony." Might have something to do with Jessie too. (But then again, I'm also a RocketShipper under the impression that Jessie would probably use James as a footstool at all times, so the thought of James joining Team Rocket just because Jessie did may just be a personal opinion.)

Please note that Jax is not taking into consideration the retcon episode in Pokemon Chronicles... mostly because it's easier to answer this question if James' past actually makes sense.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    It's very confusing to understand, but really, rich parents....no freedom...a girl who tries to force him to marry her....really I'm suprised he still managed to travel around chasing after Pikachu, after the childhood he had...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back