• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Basic/Jungle/Fossil Cards?

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    I have 800+ Pokémon cards from when I was little from these three sets and I have a few favorites myself.

I'm more into the upbeat, bright-colored cards. I really like the Lapras and Kabutops cards from the Fossil Set. Then I like Nidoking, Bulbasaur, Alakazam, and Chansey cards in the Basic Set. Nidoking's holographic really focuses on him and the way the grass colored card and his purple shell look together is great. Chansey's card looks extremely unique, doesn't it? All tones of white and pink. Really cool.

What about you, community?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    When I was younger (probably 12 or 13), I lost quite a few of my rares from Gym Challenge and sets previous to it. I've accepted that they've gone, but I still don't know where they went...I'd like to, though.

Anyway. From Base Set, my favourites were Blastoise, Gyarados, Magneton, Ninetales, Dugtrio and Electrode. I wasn't into competitive play at the time, they were just my faves.

In Jungle, I'd have to say Jolteon, Kangaskhan, Pinsir (I'm sure I had both holo and non-holo versions at one point), I also seem to remember having a Victreebel too.

I didn't have as many favourites from Fossil, though I liked the set. Aerodactyl, Articuno, Ditto, Hypno, Lapras and Zapdos.

Yeah, pretty much all my holos were my faves at the time. :P I'd have real difficulty narrowing it down to only a few.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
    I no longer collect, and haven't since I was ten, but my favourite card is and always will be Charizard (I got one in my second basic pack, after getting Mewtwo in my first! Yay!). Although I quite liked Jungle Moltres, too.

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    Yes! I love the Articuno card! I could never get one and I turned down a trade for one once!

Lucky guy with your Mewtwo and Charizard! I bet you were excited!

I bought a pack the other day of Pokémon cards and I don't like the new cards at all for some reason.

Yeah - I loved just to collect them and I still don't know much about the game itself! Haha =P

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
    I always liked the Fossil Dragonite card drawn by Himeno. When I got rid of all my old cards (I never played), I kept that one. I loved the artwork.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    I have complete sets of all of these and I'd have to say that the coolest looking out of the 3 is Charizard from basic, amazing illustration and the way it shines is beautiful.

Years
    Basic: Koffing (that attack was so evil) and Jynx (for a good, strong Basic, but not as flashy as Electabuzz).

Jungle: Snorlax. Great wall and effect, plus I loved the creature back then.

Fossil: Omastar, as to see my favorite Pokemon finally converted. Although, Ditto would be second favorite, as it has saved me many times.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    My favourites from Base/Jungle/Fossil are Chansey and Gyarados from the base set.

For practical use however, Exeggutor from the Jungle set has the Big Eggsplosion move which has won countless battles for me once I loaded it with energy cards. This move returned in Ex FireRed & LeafGreen and is even more powerful.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Ahh too many.

Jungle Pinsir has gotta be one, because he is such a little fighter for a base, and overlooked because of only 60hp. I won so many battles with a deck that looked somthing like this:

4x Scyther
    4x Pinsir
    4x Ditto
    4x Dbl Clrls
    12x G Energy
    4x Csearch
    4x Bill
    4x Oak
    20 other assorted trainers.

I've always been a fan of Muk, his kind of anti-metagame tactics made me feel quite happy, when he shut down 'perfect' raindance decks and stuff.

Clefable must be there just for sheer awsomeness.
    Both Magmars (base and fossil) are favs of mine also.
    and who can forget Computer Search.

Too many!

iShini

Go, Mah Giant Piplup!
    Years
    Wow, I remember collecting those cards a long time ago. The elementary school I went to really hated the kids for having those cards! o_o;

Anyway. From the basic, my favorite is definitely Blastoise. It was so cool looking. Jungle, definiatly Jolteon, because Jolteon's my favorite Pokemon! XD And I was twice as happy to get the holo card of it. X3 Fossil... I couldn't buy as many boosters in that set, so I don't really have a favorite... =/;

Back