• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Beginning Weak Pokemon?

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i like furret and zigzagoon. i hate ratata. its in almost every single route in hgss. and it looks ugly. bidoof is just ugly.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I absolutely HATE bidoof. Its soooo ugleh. But it is a pretty good HM slave.

My fav is Rattata with Sentret as a close second.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Furret > Raticate > Bibarel > Sentret > Zigzagoon > Rattata > Linoone > Bidoof

Furret is #1 because he's adorable. Raticate holds a high position because of Hyper Fang / Super Fang and the fact that it's ridiculously strong early-game. Bibarel gets third because of its ability to make Amnesia +4 and Defense Curl +2. That and Charge Beam for +2 is something to be reckoned with. Sentret is next because he's one of the best HM users. Zigzagoon is only there because I hold neutral regards with him. On the one hand, he is one of the only Pokemon that learns Surf in R/S/E outside of the water (other than Makuhita). He also has Pick-Up which sets him higher than the others. Rattata is next because he's a shadow of Raticate, but is still better than the other two after him, whom I hate.

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I like Sentret the best. :3 <3 But only cos it's the cutest, probably. I really like Furret too.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    Rattata! I have recently just found new love for this little critter! I don't really like Raticate but I think Rattata is super cool.
    I kinda like Sentret too. HATE Zigzagoon, but always catch it in Emerald because it's useful. HATE Bidoof, but... Nah... I just hate it lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Rattata. I can't stand its name but it's a nice cute rodent and one of the original 150, which as a child of the time Pokemon became a widespread fad, I find... comforting, I suppose.

Years
    Rattata here. If he didn't have crappy defense, I'd consider keeping him around my team for good.

I suppose a runner up would be Zigzagoon though.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I agree with Lightning or her post there. Bidoof is my favourite beginning Pokemon because I personally like it's design and it's not too useless in the games, as it can carry a lot of HM's.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I really like Bidoof/Bibarel as it can be a HM slave. I dont want my super awesome Pokemanz to learn Rock Climb and use it in battle. :(

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I hate all of them, to be honest. But out of them all, Zigzagoon family is slightly less crappy than the others, IMO.

Back