• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite biome?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Biome isn't really the word but I couldn't think of a better one tbh. In fact biome just makes it sound like this is a minecraft thread, but rest assured it's not. What are your favorite types of areas to explore in Pokémon? Caves, forests, water routes? There's tons of different ones, so why not share your favorite?

I really like routes with weather. One of my favorite routes is Sinnoh's Route 212 - the weather, multiple parasol trainers, and swamplands all went really well together and made the route seem really interesting and unique - which it is. Not only that, but I like routes with a vertical dimension where I'm not just walking along a straight road cough cough Unova cough and this route does just that.

Speaking of vertical dimensions and Unova though, Pinwheel Forest is definitely my favorite forest in the main series games. Santalune Forest in Kalos was a boring clone of Viridian Forest, and most of the others aren't too interesting either. Pinwheel has the hollow logs that you have to climb through, which is pretty unique as they don't appear anywhere else. It doesn't take much to create a unique-feeling area.

So yeah, I like forests and unique routes. Only a few routes seem like they've actually had a major amount of thought put into their design and tileset and I like those ones a lot. I also hate caves. Not a fan of water routes either, I don't really need a level 5 Tentacool.

hbu?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I always thought the soot covered fields of Route 113 near Fallarbor town was really interesting. I always wished they would turn it into an actual weather condition of some sort, maybe it could be a weather effect that boosts Dark and Poison types (Dark due to blotting out light and Poison due to unclean air.).

Still even though it is not an actual weather effect, I always liked the idea that just traveling through this route is doing something productive within the game due to collecting soot in order to build glass items. It's one of the very few areas in a pokemon game where just walking around in this area is doing something useful.

Years
  • Antagonist team hideouts if those count. Silph Co., the Galactic HQ, the Lysandre Labs and all the places Team Aqua and Magma had occupied were some of my favorite areas of the games. Especially Silph Co.

Years
  • I've grown up in the country and often find myself going through fields and forests which I really love, I guess this is probably the reason why I love the field, forest and watery 'biomes' in Pokemon so much, they're my favourite :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I really like fields and forests. Snowy locations are fun, too, though there haven't been that many of them in the games so far.

Although I like water types best, I'm not a big fan of water routes, and I dislike caves (perhaps because of the constant encounters).

Back