• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 flying type?

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
It's such a shame that Xatu, as much as I used to love it, has completely lost it shimmer to me. Sigilyph completely obsoleted it. Sorry, bud. (The fact that I'm a huge mythology/history nerd and the Nazca lines are pretty much my favorite historical thing ever totally doesn't play into that, nope... >_>)

Before Sigilyph, Xatu would'be been hands down my favorite Flying type from Gen 2. If not ever.

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
Years
Jumpluff is my favorite one, hands down. Mostly design-wise tho. I sincerely have no idea what they were thinking with its stat distribution. At least it's usable in HGSS or even XY - last one being not as much (in Gen 2 is beyond salvation tbh).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If I had to narrow it down to like... three of them I would have to say Lugia, Crobat, and Noctowl! Jumpluff almost made the top three and then remembered Ash's Shiny Noctowl so then Noctowl won me over haha.

Years
the hoothoot line comes to mind. but i like especially that prototype pokemon for gen 2 that was supposed to be hoothoot or noctowl. looks like a fat pidgey haha so cute <3

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Love me a togetic! I wish we would have gotten Togekiss a gen earlier, but that's okay.

Back