• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Generation? (Back when...)

Which is your favorite generation?

• Total voters

Jw21

Grafting a juvenile hobby =)
Years
  • Besides voting, feel free to suggest your own "Back when..." for one or more generations :D

And yes, you can call this a game of "Guess the Generation" to test each other's knowledge/trivia of Pokémon. Just realized that after creating the poll :)

You're also allowed to use any non-gaming references, as long as they stay within the generation you are talking about. For example, "Back when the anime counterpart looks little to nothing like the game one, AND has a pun to the tagline for a last name."

Last edited:

Jw21

Years
  • "Back when the girls wore sporty outfits"

Whoops... Completely forgot about Leaf! ^^; But I guess her attire can be considered appropriate enough for traveling on foot, when compared to Dawn and the new female player in B/W...

Jw21

Years
  • Wow, there are Gen II fans here. Must be nostalgia :')

Here's another legendary-related one:
    "Back when there was only 1 event-exclusive Pokémon per generation..."

And one for another generation. I see that 2 ppl here prefer that gen., why not you vote for it:
    "Back when Elite Four (<- big hint!) Lance's hair was of indeterminate color..."
    I always pictured him to be silver-haired for some reason lol

I suspect there'll be more votes for "Back when a new gen. was released on a new console" once B/W is available.

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • - Back when boys didn't where berets...and scarves. [though the Gen V guy isn't too bad]

- Back when Pokémon were awesome. Now they all want to be cute. D: Not working.

- Back when Pikachu was fat.

- - - - - -

I don't actually have a favourite generation games-wise.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Generation 3 is my favorite gen so far and I have been playin since the gen 1 days o o. Im pretty sure option 3 is the best answer for me to go with than.

Jw21

Years
  • Here's a hint regarding the poll choices, if you haven't figured out already ;):
    Spoiler:

Intoxicated:
    - Back when Pikachu was fat.
    Random but funny... tubby Pika ftw!

"Remember when you didn't wear silly hats?"

"Back when Hitmonchan wasn't a kickboxer..." *stares at Ditto menacingly*

Here's a "Back when" for a particular generation, though I didn't play games from it as much as the first two:

"Back when trainers (especially the males) didn't carry a 'Fashion Case' that made the Pokémon experience a cross between Neopets and, Habbo Hotel. I mean, seriously, fake facial hair and tiaras?" (Sorry for my prejudice!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    - God Tier
    Gold/Silver/Crystal

- Top Tier
    Red/Blue/Yellow FireRed/LeafGreen HeartGold/SoulSilver

- Mid Tier
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

- Low Tier
    lol none

- **** Tier
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

That pretty much sums up my opinion.

Jw21

Years
  • - God Tier
    Gold/Silver/Crystal

- Top Tier
    Red/Blue/Yellow FireRed/LeafGreen HeartGold/SoulSilver

- Mid Tier
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

- Low Tier
    lol none

- **** Tier
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

That pretty much sums up my opinion.

Are you keeping your hopes up for B/W? TPC is known to remove features from previous generations...

After looking through some Ken Sugimori artwork from all generations, here's one regarding it:

Back when all Pokémon looked like they were under the sun...

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Definately generation 3.
    I spent so much time on Sapphire & Emerald.

Back when there were secret bases.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Definitely Gen. Two, back when you could get 16 badges in one game and when Pokemon got even cooler than before by adding some pretty sweet Pokemon.

Back