• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Member(s) of the Elite 4?

Favorite Elite 4 Member(s)?

• Lorelei

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Bruno

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Agatha

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Lance

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

O

Your Mom
    Years
    Choose the 4 of them... I like Bruno for some strange reason, but NOT Lance. NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT Lance. I feel he's very co'cky (with that just in case it filters it out...) and I don't like him because he has red hair although it looks like he has yellow hair. =/

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    *high-fives Omega II* Dude, I agree with you 100%. I HATE LANCE. He's totally overrated just because he uses dragons, and in the manga (this is the manga forum, after all) he's a hypocritical (yes, HYPOCRITICAL, don't make me write an essay explaining why, because I already did somewhere else) arrogant little dumbarse with a groundless superiority complex (you really think you're better than those other humans, Lance? Think again!).

My vote? Lorelei. Sure, she went along with Lance's plans in the Yellow arc, but when she pops up again in the FRLG arc, she's much cooler.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    *high-fives Omega II* Dude, I agree with you 100%. I HATE LANCE. He's totally overrated just because he uses dragons, and in the manga (this is the manga forum, after all) he's a hypocritical (yes, HYPOCRITICAL, don't make me write an essay explaining why, because I already did somewhere else) arrogant little dumbarse with a groundless superiority complex (you really think you're better than those other humans, Lance? Think again!).
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    Lance=sooo overrated
    and Clair's much cooler and better-looking

Ice Angel

Tempum minime stella est.
    Years
    Sorry guys, but I just can not agree with you. I like Lance in the manga. He has this mysterious edge that only a few other characters have and he is a very complex person (even if he is not real). He changes in certain ways, and his reasons for destroying the human race are good reasons, even if it is still a wrong act to comit. I'm not sure if Lance is hypocritical or not. Just because he sounds hypocritical, does not technically mean he is. Where is your essay, The Incarnation Pokemon? I am officially interested.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Ice Angel said:
    Sorry guys, but I just can not agree with you. I like Lance in the manga. He has this mysterious edge that only a few other characters have and he is a very complex person (even if he is not real). He changes in certain ways, and his reasons for destroying the human race are good reasons, even if it is still a wrong act to comit. I'm not sure if Lance is hypocritical or not. Just because he sounds hypocritical, does not technically mean he is. Where is your essay, The Incarnation Pokemon? I am officially interested.
    Well, okay, I'll admit I was exaggerating when I said "essay". What I really meant was a big long paragraph-format rant against Lance in another forum. If you want to, I can PM you with the link since posting links to other forums is not allowed. Or, if you want, I can write a new "essay" for you right now:

I personally don't find Lance complex in the least until his change in behavior in the GSC arc. His whole "humans are destroying the earth so let's hate them and destroy all civilization and that should fix things" ideology during the Yellow arc was the same simplistic, black-and-white world view ideology I had back when I was a 9-year-old who was obsessed with animal fiction stories. Needless to say, my views have matured by now. And I think that Kusaka-sensei was trying to make the point that Lance was being immature and foolish in his ideals in the Yellow saga, and that the true solution is to have humans work together with Pokemon to undo the damage that humans have caused, which is basically what happened at the end of the Yellow saga when all the heros go back to help repair the destruction caused by a certain human.

That said, I'm also planning to write a fic in which Lance gets a little wake-up call as to the true nature of the human race.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    KazuyaSato said:
    Well, Lance... I love his clothes. Imagine having his clothes he wore in the JOHTO region. IT was really nice...
    You're not alone! I dont just love them. I'd steal them from him and wear them myself XD and then make a duplicate for Clair and Liza and we'd be the Yuri Triplets! Wheeee! Ph33r us!!!!
    Sorry, I got a little excited there. But his clothes is the only reason I like him besides the fact he's hot enough to hate. *sigh* I hot him but hate him, how sweet.
    I hope I'm not bashing Wataru (his Japanese name is like super cool too) Sorry Wataru fans. I'm a little crazy now.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    pokedude55 said:
    you are all just bashing lance
    Hmm?P?raps so, but it?s rather respectable bashing, no? Go on and re-read it: No swear words, no Caps Lock-itis, no bad grammar, and reasons that I can defend with perfect logic without resorting to such things as tautologies, ad-hominem, etc. Are you sure you aren?t just upset because I have legitimate and well-stated reasons for disliking your favorite E4 and you have no comeback for it? ^_~

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    actualy i have one loreli is weak water pokemon suck yet dragons are powerful lance was just doing what he thought was right to save pokemon even if his way is wrong he is trying to do the right thing lets any of you antilance people can counter that

Years
    Or maybe some people think that we're talking about the anime and not the manga..

C'mon people! This is not general pokemon discussion! Keep it manga! XP

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    pokedude55 said:
    actualy i have one loreli is weak water pokemon suck yet dragons are powerful
    Hmm...I dunno. Most water-types can learn ice-type moves, you know. And many of them have a high enough special defense stat to withstand even a Thunder attack from electric-types (which have STAB, unlike dragon-types using electric moves). And most of them are faster than most dragon-types.

lance was just doing what he thought was right to save pokemon even if his way is wrong he is trying to do the right thing lets any of you antilance people can counter that
    *gasps* Wow, that is SUCH an excellent comeback, there's no way I could possibly counter that! After all, everyone knows that the right thing to do in saving the earth from human destruction is to eliminate all humans even though only humans can clean up that mess that human civilization has made. I'm sure Lance realized that there were absolutely no such humans as environmentalists and scientists who work to preserve nature and clean up the mess created by civilization. So of COURSE Lance was trying to do the right thing, how could I be so stupid?

BTW, Oni, I'm assuming your comment about being offtopic wasn't addressed to me? ^_^

Years
    The Incarnation Pokemon said:
    BTW, Oni, I'm assuming your comment about being offtopic wasn't addressed to me? ^_^
    No it's not. The whole "I like his clothes in G/S/C" is quite the evidence that they're not talking about the manga...

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    well the incarnation pokemon everyone knows that was sarcasime i said he thought it was right i did not say it was right he wanted to save pokemon but did not know the right way. he thought humans would make it worse than it already was so do not give me more sarcasime and instead of bashing lance talk about your favorite elite 4 trainer anyway

Gaby Y.

Gaby Y.
    Years
    Well, im love Lance *-* hi is my favorite character, and im like Lorelei (and like Lance/Lorelei shipper), she is cool, but im a girl im vote for Lance

Lance is "stupid" and cutie, is mi opinion

Back