• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite notation website/software

Years
  • Hey there! As a fellow music composer, I feel obligated to ask for recommendations of music writing software/websites. I use noteflight, which limits what I can do since I can't afford a premium membership.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey there. What kind of instruments are you interested in using to compose? If you can give me that info then I should be able to redirect you to some good apps (or not).

PS: This thread should be labeled as "discussion", since the 'Music' tag is used for sharing media.

At the moment, I write for trumpet, french horn, trombone/baritone, tuba, and piano, and am attempting at using woodwind instruments, but I'd like to be able to use varied pitched percussion instruments

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I also use Musescore but only for music notation purposes.

I don't use it as a main software for composing songs though.

phazonruler

veteran
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    Musescore is good if you know how to read sheet music. It's free and you can load different soundfonts to it. If you don't know how to read music, then I would suggest something like FL Studio.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • I'm that guy who is mostly using trackers now, but for notation I use lilypond, it's nice once you get used to it.

Back