• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite Oldie?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
  • G/S/C -I like the 2nd generation the best because it has the pokemon 1-251 (I dont like ruby, sappphire poemon )and it has ferralagator, can go back to kanto legendary dogs, ho-oh,lugia, celebi(crystal) And when you use mail you can write whatever you want ,not like in R/S, FR/LG where you have to choose out of words. And out of them I like Crystal. :D :D :D

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
  • Crystal since it has my favorite character as one of the heroes, Gold. It also has the day and night feature and I like the music it has too. Ah, Crystal I love it so much. =). I'd rather have Crystal than any other Pokemon game any day.. XD.

Jess

Banned
    Years
  • I liked Yellow, because on that came you could tell if Pikachu actually liked you without having to see someone whom would tell you weither or not your pokemon disliked you.(Such as the TM Guy in Pacificlog,The Twins in Verdanturf and The woman in Slateport on Ruby & Sapphire)

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • I thought Crystal was the best. It was the most fun for me, and plus...animations. ;) The other games were good too, but I just liked Crystal the most.

Years
  • Red because it was my first Pokemon game and also it has Zardy in the cathrage! After Red I like Crystal because its grafics are such more beter than GS's ones. I also like animations.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Good ol' GSC! RBY was good too!
    I like the Move Tutor. You can only learn three moves yet it's more useful than the Move Tutor on RS which can only teach moves the Pok?mon already knew!

Years
  • I liked Gold a lot partly cause it was my first game and Ho-oh was my fav. legendary... But Crystal was nice too since you could be a girl!

PKS

|S|E|A|R|C|H| my anti-dupe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    My vote would have to go to Gold.
    Mainly because after I lost interest in Pokemon, Gold was the game that brought me back. I love the feeling of nostalgia! Plus, I'm playing it on my Palm Zire 71 at a pretty decent fps. ;-}

Happy New Year to All!!!

PsYchOtiC

uLt1m4t3 n00b
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 8, 2005
    I like pokemon blue, except for the time a level 15 zubat killed my level 45 venasaur when it was poisoned and confused and only had PP left for leech seed. :(

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Definetely, I would have to say Gold and Silver(which I somehow managed to misplace), just because it felt like there was so much else you could do even after you beat the game. R/B/Y was a straightforward catch them all, and then make it to the end, then it becomes a colored cartridge taking up shelf space. And I didn't get the same feeling from G/S as I did from Ru/Sa, even though it was also a great game.

... Go Metal Generation! :D

Years
  • Antoshi said:
    Definetely, I would have to say Gold and Silver(which I somehow managed to misplace), just because it felt like there was so much else you could do even after you beat the game. R/B/Y was a straightforward catch them all, and then make it to the end, then it becomes a colored cartridge taking up shelf space. And I didn't get the same feeling from G/S as I did from Ru/Sa, even though it was also a great game.
    Put beautifully in words! ^^
    I just hold on to the colored generation games for when something happens to the Game Cube, I could play them on Pok?mon Stadium II's Dodrio Tower.

Back