• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite PMD starter

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
  • Let's see... I like Cyndaquil in PMD1 and since I usually play as female characters, I couldn't be Cyndaquil, so I played as Squirtle and had Cyndaquil as a partner.

In PMD2 Explorer's Of Time, I played as Chikorita and my partner was a Pikachu. I chose Pikachu for a partner for it's Discharge attack.

In PMD2 [3?] Explorers Of The Sky, I'm a Vulpix and my partner is Pikachu. I love fire types and Vulpix is the first pure female-exclusive fire type.

Last edited:

FluffyShaymin

A fluffy lil Shaymin
    Years
  • Piplup, Skitty, Shinx, and Pikachu. I haven't been a Shinx or Pikachu, but I still like these Pokemon.
    Piplup was pretty good in Explorers of Time, and I think that Skitty was even better in Explorers of Sky.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    My favorite starter is Cubone even though he is only in Red and Blue Rescue Team, other than that I always have charmander and pikachu.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Riolu is the best PMD starter and for now is the only fighting starter pokemon.

Actually , back in RRT and BRT you could also start as Machop . You can't in PMD 2 and 2.5 .

My favourite is Torchic as it evolves into Blaziken (yeah Blaziken , you rock ! I'm your Number 1 fan ! ) .

I wished there was a Dragon Starter like Dratini or Gible ...

Years
  • Cyndaquil in both PMD 1 and 2. Partner in 1 was Bulbasaur, worked great, and in 2 was Pikachu, still worked like a charm.

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
  • I haven't played that, I skipped to Explorers of Sky...I was always Turtwig...I wanted Chikorita, but I always got Turtwig...my partner was Meowth.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • Pikachu. I even lied to the system about my personality (I'm not really Impish), just so I could be a Pikachu.

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I have a Turtwig and a Charmander. Turtwig is a pain in Temporal Tower though.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Eevee has always been my favorite starter, so I was kind of sad that Eevee wasn't available in Time/Darkness. ;-; But I always went with either Pikachu or Mudkip or Totodile! :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    Gotta be boring and say pikachu. He will always be my favourite pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2010
    RIOLU! I like bayleef, so i might have chikorita as a partner when i get explorers of sky! :)

Back