• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Paper Mario

Which Paper Mario game did you enjoy the most?

• Paper Mario 64 (N64)

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • I just beat Paper Mario for N64 last summer and played through about half of the Wii version before I sold my system a couple months ago. I now plan to play through the Gamecube version, The Thousand Year Door.

Just wondering which game was your favourite. I'm torn between the N64 and GCN versions though leaning slightly towards the former.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • I am ashamed to say I only played the first one. I hear the other 2 were really good, but I never bough 'um for some reason.

Vaati227

master of the Darkwind
    Years
  • I liked the second one the best.
    though the first one has a better final battle. =|

ScarletSuzu

Suwako!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Ahhh Paper Mario is my favorite game ever. I mostly love it for the huge nostalgia value it has for me - I played it all the time as a kid.

I loved the second one too - honestly it has better gameplay, and I loved the train and Glitz Pit chapters.

I can't seem to get through the third one, I think I'm just a little put off because it's not exactly the same as the others, but I'm sure it's an amazing game.

So, I have to vote for the N64 one.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • I love the second one. <33. The gameplay was superb, and I havnt played the third one. I own the first, but only play it for nostalgia trips. :DD

Years
  • I love the second one. <33. The gameplay was superb, and I havnt played the third one. I own the first, but only play it for nostalgia trips. :DD

Don't worry, the new one isn't that great in my opinion. It might have been a fun game if you haven't played the other 2 but it's too different to be truly captivated after playing the first two.

And yes, I love the glitz pit and the train, those were 2 of my favourite levels. I'm also really attached to twilight town for some reason.

It's weird because in the first game I didn't really have any particular favourite levels, the game overall was amazing though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I love the original. The others are....meh.

Super Paper Mario would have been a good game if Nintendo slapped an a new and original IP on it. The idea behind it was interesting, but it was neither Mario title or a Paper Mario title.

Years
  • My favorite is definitely the Thousand Year Door. I have already posted my reason in an older thread and mine opinion hasn't changed much at all.

Me in an older thread said:
    My favorite things about the game where the Super Bowser Bros. minigame and the Glitzville Chapter. Super Bowser Bros. was just plain awesome because playing as Bowser temporarily was pretty fun and it had platforming elements which was nice for a change of pace. As for the Glitzville chapter, competing in an arena to climb the ranks as well as becoming famous and solving a mystery was far better than exploring any old dungeon. :P

I've played very little of Super Paper Mario so I don't have an opinion on it.

As for the original, I don't find it just as great. Since I didn't grow up with the N64 and this was the second Paper Mario game I played, the nostalgia is non-existent for me. I found most of the levels were pretty dull compared to the second game. Never really bothered to finish the game since you already know who the final boss is.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I have really only played TTYD, but it was an awesome game for me. Unfortuneatly, it got lost because of UPS, so I don't think that I am going to be playing it again anytime soon. I've played a little of the first one, though not enough to have an opinion. I have not even played the latest one, mostly because I don't have a Wii...

Luigilord

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2009
    I played through Paper Mario TTYD and thought it was the best for multiple reasons.

1. Play as Bowser for the first time.
    2. Play as Mario in Luigi, Waluigi, and Wario's clothes.
    3. I thought it was pretty funny. My sister kept telling me to die when I was in Wario or Waluigi's clothes.

I didn't like the third one much. I couldn't beat Meme. I played the first one too, but I couldn't figure out how to finish the flower chapter thing.

Last edited:
    Back