• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Features Overload.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2014
    but then you get stuff like being able to ride... one pokémon... in one town, which just seems a tad pointless,
    It's actually been confirmed to be more then one pokemon and in several areas to help you get across terrain you normally wouldn't be able to so it's not pointless.

Honestly though, if their only purpose is to "distract" you from the game, then it really doesn't bode well for these "features".
    Name to me ONE feature they have added in X/Y that changes or distracts from the typical Gyms,E4, then Champion.

Player customization is very necessary because honestly, not every person playing pokemon is Asain/White it helps the game feel more realistic and immersive because it allows you to play with a character you create that actually looks like you. It adds to the experience which is KEY to pokemon.

Horde/Sky Battles are innovative to the battling system and once again it helps the game feel more immersive and realistic. In the anime it happened all the time. Animals travel in pact so why not pokemon, Birds (especially prey and predator) have "aerial battles" all the time so why not pokemon. It makes sense to have that in a game with multiple ANIMAL INSPIRED creatures.

So your going one this journey to become "pokemon master", that would in real life that take MONTHS, with these magical PET-like creatures that have to eat and socialize. Isn't it expected to I don't know.....actually pet them, feed them, and bond with them! That's exactly what Pokemon-Amie achieves. I have this pokemon that I raised from level 5 to usually level 50-60 to fight this champion don't you think I would have at least..... touched the Damn thing.

All these features add a whole new level of reality to the game and none of them are "distractions" or hurt the game because guess what it's still grid based(though with diagonal), has wild encounters, there are still gym leaders, rivals, and evil teams, E4 hasn't changed, and there will most-likely be a champion Without the constant new features pokemon would have ,bluntly put, died along time ago because they ADD to the game without them it would be just like the Genwunners say the same old game.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm so super excited about all the features we know about and even the ones we don't know about. I love having so many things to do after the main story is over. I don't think the features are distracting at all. It would be really boring if you did the main story and there wasn't anything else to do.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • textttttt

Thanks for the correction re: riding, I was unaware (I should probably pay more attention before I wade into threads).

Your point as regards the new features creating more realism within the game is certainly a strong one, and it's not an angle I had paid attention to before. I suppose stuff like that is arguable, if one finds added realism in the game to be an important thing. Not that it needed to be more arguable, as again if someone enjoys the features then they deserve their spot.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I really like the new variety of features that GameFreak keeps adding to the titles. I think some are pointless and dumb like the rubbing Pokemon for affection and stuff, but younger players and other fans may like that sort of stuff. A feature recently that they added that I liked was the medals. That was a way for hardcore fan to play through BW2 fully to complete all of the medals. I really like that GameFreak is adding more features because it will give players to do after they defeat the Champion.

Back