• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feebas and Milotic

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Posting this to see if anyone had the same experience I did.

During my first ever play-through of Sapphire, I battled the Cool Trainer who has a Milotic in the route past Fortree. Seeing it, I thought, "I HAVE to have it!" So on first instinct, I checked the PokeDex after the battle and checked if Milotic could be caught. Disappointed that it couldnt, I proceeded through the game and then found Luvdisc. I don't know what clicked, but I thought immediately that Milotic was the evolved form of Luvdisc. So, I caught a Luvdisc and raised it to level 60. At that point I'd lost all hope of obtaining Milotic since I knew that no Pokemon would evolve past Lv.55, unless friendship was involved but that wasn't an issue. In a last-ditch effort, I looked online for how to obtain a Milotic, and then I found it:

"Milotic evolves from Feebas with Max Beauty."

I nearly chucked my GBA against the wall and could not believe that such a gorgeous Pokemon eolved from...that...thing called Feebas.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    haha, i was trying to max out my female feebass's beauty and it had the PERFECT nature(mild) but i was 12 years old and didnt know the different type of poke blocks so i messed it up..
    but i have a milotic in my pearl version and it rocks :D

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    The ugly duckling is a popular concept in Japanese culture. Just look at Magikarp (who Feebas is a rip off of).

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I don't understand, Inpu. How is Feebas a knock-off of Magikarp? Magikarp evolves out of rage. People think its worthless and usually physically and verbally abuse it, causing it to evolve into Gyarados to exact revenge. Feebas is the Ugly Duckling case, but it doesn't evolve for revenge or malice on others.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Magikarp and Feebas are parallels on many levels.

For a start, both are seemingly-worthless weak fish Pokemon that evolve into much more beautiful sea serpent Pokemon.
    Magikarp evolves through rage, and so becomes a raging Gyarados.
    Feebas evolves through beauty, and so becomes a beautiful Milotic.
    Gyarados is said to appear in times of great anger and burn cities.
    Milotic is said to appear in similar situations, but to calm rather than burn.
    Also, I believe Gyarados to be more offensive while Milotic is defensive? But I may have that wrong.

The bottom line is, Gyarados and Milotic are both awesome.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Yes, they are <3 I wonder what a baby of those two would be like...For some reason I think of Cupid (Son of Ares, God of War, and Aphrodite, Goddess of Beauty and Love)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Ares and Aphrodite's son is Eros the Roman counter of him is Cupid sorry about that just I am majoring in history and am obsessed with Greek mythology

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I actually laughed at the thought when I found that out. Took me a while to find a good Feebas though, so I could max out it's beauty. I'd say it's worth it, Milotic has been an asset to my team.

Years
    I never managed to catch Feebas up to now. Always when I tried, I gave up in frustation after an hour or two.
    I also never managed to max one contest stat of a Pokemon yet, so with Feebas it probably wouldn't be different and the whole effort to get one would have been useless.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I remember I spent AGES fishing in Mt. Coronet with the Good Rod for Feebas.

til I looked it up on the internet and found out I need the super rod which I cant get til I thrash the E4. -.-

Still I can't wait to get one (:

Plus I totally agree with the Gyarados and Milotic being total opposites. Yet similar at the same time.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    you get the super rod in mosdeep before the E4
    and feebass is on route 119 in the first body of water in 6 random tiles

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This thread, interesting as it may be, belongs in General Pokemon Gaming which is where I'll be moving it too.

Back