• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ffxi

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Do not forget about family, friends, or work. XD

Game cost = $29.99
    Graphics card cost = $250

Does anyone here play FFXI? ^_^ I just started yesterday and it's very, very fun and addicting. Started out as a Warrior class and trying to add a sub class of Dark Knight. Fweee~!

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    v.v Another game which I have to sit in the gutter and watch everyone play without me. I'll never get a good enough gfx card. Sounds good, though! ^^

kill.harp

Kagemane master
    Years
    I used to play, but ended up stopping. It's really good, but now I'm waiting on, in my opinion, a better RPG.

My favorite class was the Dragoon, of which I never got to.

My one problem with the game is that you had to spend insane amounts of time to get where you wanted to be (whether that be referring to a place, a level, a status, etc).

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    If anyone wants to add me to their buddy list go ahead, my username is Akichu (Cause Akiha was taken...-_-; So I took that name from half of my PC name and half of the name that I wanted.)

I'm a level 9 Red Mage and I'm going to be level 10 soon. I'm subbing a BlackMage with my Red Mage when I reach level 18.

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
    I had the game, and an account, then I was gone for 5 months, now I have to start all over again. name was Beutroround on Gilgamesh.

Anyway, you don't need 250, AT MOST it should cost $60, and it runs fine. (And, mind you, that's from the Highly-Priced Office Depot!)

Once I make a new char I'll post the details, but one thing's for sure...
    I'm gonna be an Elvaan White Mage, just like last time! Only this time, I WON'T let ALL my Friends get ahead of me IN ONE DAY!

Kamekusu

Water Warrior
    Years
    I've got the game installed on my computer, but I have yet to start it because my graphics card is inadequate. I've made several failed attempts to get together with my boyfriend to install his NVidia Geforce 32MB card into my machine, so I'm still waiting.

I'll keep you posted though.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    ^_^ I'm using a 16MB Radeon Mobility6000 graphics card and the game runs on my laptop...miracelously. But my laptop is 2.2GHZ with a Pentium 4 so I guess that helps a little.

I'm installing a Radeon9800 All In Wonder graphics card on my desktop computer...because as of now it's really hard to tell the difference between enemies and people. ^_^;; But at least the gameplay still works for me.

My Warrior class is up to 13 now, but I decided to start a Red Mage class because I had a hard time getting into parties. -_-; So right now my Red Mage is also level 11. Below are some graphics from the game with my 16MB graphics card. xD Really...horrible...

Ffxi

Ffxi

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
    @_@ What's with the Japanese highlights on your screenshots?
    Oh well, I USED to be a 14 WHM, and then I switched to a lvl 10 WAR. LOL, whenever people asked me to join them, they thought I was a Dragoon! (It was because I had a really powerful Lance and good armor from my spare money as a WHM.)

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    V.V I have it, but don't have a graphic card... Must get one for christmas... Top of my list. I have a guide and all! I want a taru summoner/dragoon

Viktor

Step into the sideshow
    Years
    Got it when it first came out... First day it came out.... Nice armor btw Zapchu but I think I like my Dark Knight artifact armor a bit better ;). Lol.

[EDIT] 72 DRK, 65 WAR, 42 DRG..... (Carbuncle Server) :P I know I play too much....

Last edited:

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
    :shocked: :shocked:
    You got THAT far?!
    Anyway, FireEmporer, here's some advice:

1. Tartaru don't make very good Dragoons
    2. You can't start out with either of those classes since they're the hardest to get in the game.
    3. It's a good goal, but that might take you some time, and a few friends...
    4. If we start on the same server, Then I could show you what a Guidebook can't.

Oh well, now to assemble my PC...
    *Inserts Slot B into Socket W...*

Desert Cacturne

Lonely, abandoned...
    Years
    Oh, I play Final Fantasy XI on PS2. Your account erases after 5 months? Gosh, I'll be playing on holiday vacation, then. I'm only level 22 with some stinky cotton armor. I'm trying to save up for that Tarutaru Wonder equipment and something else, I forgot; I only played in the summer.

Viktor

Step into the sideshow
    Years
    Actually Tartaru can make VERY good dragoons if used right.... I'm an elvaan but let me explain why :P.

When a DRG learns super jump it can jump in the air and while it is up there it sheds all of its hate then comes down and attacks wich is awsome :P..... So a Tartaru could use a high level healing spell and heal the whole party then use super jump in the air and shed all of their hate.... :P...... We use this a lot when fighting stronger monsters that bring down the partys hp fast, even though they are damage dealers one can make a good backup healer.

However you shouldn't sub a dragoon for a summoner! Omg... You won't get any of the advantages, your dragon will be gone if you have a summoner you should sub black mage or white mage for the increase of mana....... O_O; You should never do that... Just the same you should never sub a bard because you'll only get one tune..... It just doesn't work out...

Oh, and Burne you should try using an Axe or Great Axe for your Warrior ;) certain classes do better with certain weapons and a Warrior does best with those 2 over all..... Just like how people use Great Sword it's pretty stupid they are only good for farming :P.... Paladins do ok with them but are still better with a shield and sword... Lol. Your weapon will cap out faster depending on the grade you have in that weapon... The downfall of Axes wich are A+ by a warrior is that they can be a bit pricey... Lol.

Last edited:

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
    :( :'( :( :'(
    I just tried to install. There's a problem with my PlayOnline installer which keeps me in a loop, looping back to the main screen. I contacted Tech Support and found out, that by entering the CD key, I eliminated the abillity to install on a different comp, even if I unistall. The Solution: Buy a new copy...

*Calculates...*
    That brings my Christmass bill for this game up to $100.

Viktor

Step into the sideshow
    Years
    That sucks dude... -Pats his ps2- XD.... Well I had to go through 3 months without an USB keyboard ... Do you know how f'ing annoying it is to type with the ps2 controller for 3 months?! I was going to through it out the window... >.<;.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    ^^; Here is an update...I haven't slept since December 2nd, but I have a Level 21 Red Mage and a Lv. 6 Black Mage. I'm planning to have Red Mage as main job and Black Mage as sub job to help with the MP and magic attacks.

I was planning to install FFXI on my desktop computer...I hope it'll work because I think I also used some sort of CD key...

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Viktor said:
    Actually Tartaru can make VERY good dragoons if used right.... I'm an elvaan but let me explain why :P.

When a DRG learns super jump it can jump in the air and while it is up there it sheds all of its hate then comes down and attacks wich is awsome :P..... So a Tartaru could use a high level healing spell and heal the whole party then use super jump in the air and shed all of their hate.... :P...... We use this a lot when fighting stronger monsters that bring down the partys hp fast, even though they are damage dealers one can make a good backup healer.

However you shouldn't sub a dragoon for a summoner! Omg... You won't get any of the advantages, your dragon will be gone if you have a summoner you should sub black mage or white mage for the increase of mana....... O_O; You should never do that... Just the same you should never sub a bard because you'll only get one tune..... It just doesn't work out...
    Oh, Ok I just like dragons and summoning stuff, so that's how I chose, But I probally should Sub with a mage... Maybe I'll Pay a little extra to get a Summoner too... (The guy at the store said it costs extra money to get another character.. That sucks!)

Back