• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FHT's Graphics

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I've dabbled in graphics from time to time, and thought I might as well show y'all some.

Spoiler:

Yeah... that's about what I've done recently. Comments and crits (especially crits) are welcome here~

I don't take requests at all though. >_> Hope you can handle that.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • violetskies.png
    This is so close to taking your graphics up a notch but just has a few things that are holding it back. The main thing is the positioning / sizing of the focal. It is too far to the right and it too big as you have floating head syndrome. Try to keep at least the very top of the shoulder in the canvas so it just feels more balanced and using the rule of thirds, just move it a tad closer to the centre.

Another thing that lets it down are those yellow brushing / dot effects. Firstly, I'd advise against going against such a big contrast in colours unless you are going to have some more hues in between to even it out. Maybe if there was some reddish hues worked into the background it could work, and you'd have to bring the opacity up a bit cause they are just getting lost and look a bit messy.

I don't mind too much the white outline around the render because it gives it a distinctive like manga / cartoon look which is not bad. However the borders aren't adding anything in my opinion. As a general rule, most of time it is safer to go without a border, unless you have solid black / white (not 1px) to add some atmosphere and break it up from the page around it.

To end on a positive note, the text is amazing. Not just a great font choice, but it is positioned wonderfully, and that squiggly line sits very nicely without detracting from anything or throwing off balance or whatever. Very nice indeed!

Hope that was alright! Not intended to be harsh or mean, just trying to point out things that can be fixed so you learn more rather than just praising things. So yeah. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    violetskies.png
    This is so close to taking your graphics up a notch but just has a few things that are holding it back. The main thing is the positioning / sizing of the focal. It is too far to the right and it too big as you have floating head syndrome. Try to keep at least the very top of the shoulder in the canvas so it just feels more balanced and using the rule of thirds, just move it a tad closer to the centre.

Another thing that lets it down are those yellow brushing / dot effects. Firstly, I'd advise against going against such a big contrast in colours unless you are going to have some more hues in between to even it out. Maybe if there was some reddish hues worked into the background it could work, and you'd have to bring the opacity up a bit cause they are just getting lost and look a bit messy.

I don't mind too much the white outline around the render because it gives it a distinctive like manga / cartoon look which is not bad. However the borders aren't adding anything in my opinion. As a general rule, most of time it is safer to go without a border, unless you have solid black / white (not 1px) to add some atmosphere and break it up from the page around it.

To end on a positive note, the text is amazing. Not just a great font choice, but it is positioned wonderfully, and that squiggly line sits very nicely without detracting from anything or throwing off balance or whatever. Very nice indeed!

Hope that was alright! Not intended to be harsh or mean, just trying to point out things that can be fixed so you learn more rather than just praising things. So yeah. :D

It wasn't harsh at all in my opinion. ^^ Anyways... looking at your crititism, I think I'll give redoing it a go.

For the render, it was taken out of a screenshot from Hotel Dusk, so I had to figure out what to do with it... oh well, back to more searching then. :D Hopefully, I can find a better one than the stock I used.

And I <3'd the text when I did it. Got the inspiration from the 'Violet Sky' track on the Hotel Dusk OST.

Thanks for being honest with me~

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Legit double post. Two new signatures, and I just got Photoshop CS2 from my friend. So I failed at experimenting with it... D:

GIMP sig:

FHT's Graphics

Just a basic smudge signature. Nothing really new for me.

Photoshop;

FHT's Graphics

I had the worst time playing around with Photoshop because it was in Chinese. Can't read it at all. But I think I did pretty okay for something like that. Actually, not happy with the text placement at all, so I might go back and fix it eventually.

Back