• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fifth Digimon Series Confirmed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    A new season?! Thank goodness!! I liked Digimon ever since Season 1 (the best IMO), S2 was all right, especially with Venomyotismon, S3 was the worst IMO because, well how in the world does a digimon get created from a picture scanned with a card reader?!! Also, the D-Reaper was boring and not as good of a bad guy as Apocalymon and the Dark Masters from S1, and how Beelzemon went from a killer to a good guy, as someone pointed out, is beyond me. And S4 was kinda good, with Lucemon at the end, and how he absorbed his "Royal Knights" after the work they did for him, but the way they combined with "spirits" was weird: I'm used to the Digimon themselves doin' the fightin', but it did put a twist on things. Heh, I look forward to the new season. (And sorry if this rant bored anyone...)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I hope this one gets dubbed and shipped over here. I know the dub'll be lousy, but still. Season 1 and 3 (as stated by the dub) are my two favorites. #3 just seemed more realistic and sci-fi to me.

Years
    I liked the first season and the second one to, from what i saw of it, and a majority of the rest of the seasons which i didn't get to catch to much more of since my workload increased but I did notice that their was this anime store in the mall that seemed to get the anime's in english dub straight from japan before it was released on T.V. I believe the store is Too Cool. I'll investigate and see if they have any episodes of this new season.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    BanDai should let Sunrise dub this one. They'd do a much better job, and it would be virtually uncut.

(Saban just can't stay away from being Mr. 'No, we can't show Omegamon's arms falling off...)

I have heard a rumor about the 5th Season though. Now this is just a rumor, so don't necessarily think anything of it yet. But there's talk going around that Season 5 is going to try and emulate a Gundam Series moreso than Season 3 did. (About the only thing Gundam about Season 3 was Terriermon's Digivolutions.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2006
    Wow, I hope it's good. I thought season four wasn't too good, season one and two were my favorites. If it's like one and two, I'll be happy.

Hmm... I liked season three until the ending. That just made me mad. It was the crappiest of crappy endings ever. So hopefully five won't be like that, even if they don't air it.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Yayness! I do like Digimon, and wheras I wasn't too thrilled with Frontier (Season 4), I look forward to seeing what they can come up with. My favorite seasons were 2 and 3. One was really good too, but I just didn't love it as much as the others I mentioned. The last season was... meh... I dunno, the only characters that interested me were JP and Kouichi. XD

It was weird for Beelzemon to become a good guy? o.O I didn't think it was strange at all. He never was a murderer to begin with, so it wasn't all that surprising that he gave it up. I mean, he was mean and annoying, but he didn't try to kill Guilmon or something.... His goal was to get powerful; not kill his 'friends'... that was just something that happened as a result of him getting too much power and making that deal to digivolve. Everybody turns bad when they get too much power, Beelzemon was no exception. *shrug* It was an abrupt change, but not totally unfounded.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Sweetums said:
    Wow, I hope it's good. I thought season four wasn't too good, season one and two were my favorites. If it's like one and two, I'll be happy.

Hmm... I liked season three until the ending. That just made me mad. It was the crappiest of crappy endings ever. So hopefully five won't be like that, even if they don't air it.

It's kind of funny that alot of people didn't like the Tamers ending. I didn't either, until I saw the movie, which was supposed to be the real ending to Tamers. I couldn't really describe everything since there weren't subtitles, but it had some awesome fights. They fight a train and go into this pillar of purple (not D-Reaper purple, just light). It's a bit of a strange ending though. I'm sure it's explained. It's just that without knowing what they're saying, it's a bit hard to understand. But it probably does explain why there are still portals to the Digital World.

Beelzemon turning good was interesting, and the death of Leomon brought about The Tamers' series incarnation of Rei as a result. Since Season 3's fasade was to try and emulate Evangelion (they feel the damage their Digimon feel...etc...), I must say I thought Rika was going to be their Rei, not Jeri. And they managed to destroy a healthy portion of the world. In all, it was fairly close. They were just missing a mentally unstable male lead.

News on Season 5 from onlinedigimon.com:

Hype over a 5th Digimon season is flooding the forums of Digimon.com, the official Digimon website. Shining Celebi, the webmaster of The Shining Evolution (link removed), reports that at a recent convention called "Jump Fiesta," there was a Bandai booth where a surprising announcement was made: there will be a new season of Digimon! Although details are still unknown, this new season is scheduled for release in Japan some time in 2006.

I guess 2006 is the release date for the series in Japan.

Last edited:

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I'm sorry I'm still stuck on the end of season 2 when the Digi-Destined were grown-ups. I figured all the new Digimon appeared on Pokemon in the Hoenn region as a crossover like in Marvel comics or something, lol. I'm just kidding, Digimon has never been the same without it's original cast members.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Keitaro said:
    I'm sorry I'm still stuck on the end of season 2 when the Digi-Destined were grown-ups. I figured all the new Digimon appeared on Pokemon in the Hoenn region as a crossover like in Marvel comics or something, lol. I'm just kidding, Digimon has never been the same without it's original cast members.

You are right about that. But there is one character that appears to tie Season 2 to Season 3. That would be Ryo. I say 'appears', because it isn't obvious and knowing it would likely require you to play the Wonderswan games. There are sites with summaries on the games, if you don't feel like taking Japanese classes though.

Anyway... I'm not really sure which season I would like... I'm torn between Adventure 2 and Tamers (Season 2 and 3, respectively).

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    I got out of the series after the whole Myotismon arch in Season 1. But after playing the first and third Digimon Worlds (2 was ok though), I've started to like it again. Too bad its not on cable again. I don't get Toon Disney though. Lets hope this season isn't ruined by dubbing.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

I'd like it to be a continuation of Tamers, I really would. However, we all know that won't happen. Tamers and 02 forever! XD

Years
    I Like season 1 and 2 ,. i watched season 3 but i didn't like it . and season 4 never came on televison in the uk. i hope they dub it season 5. i like season 1 the best. when season 3 came out i kinda lost interest in digimon. i hope season 5 better be good and i hope it gets dubbed.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Kurosaki said:
    I'd like it to be a continuation of Tamers, I really would. However, we all know that won't happen. Tamers and 02 forever! XD

Sadly, you're probably right. I know that without even asking anyone at Ban Dai. Tamers was originally scheduled for a little over 100 episodes, but got cut to 50 due to low ratings in Japan, or so I've read. Sad, but I've seen this before in other Animes and games as well (Arc The Lad, Xenosaga).

But it also probably won't be a continuation of Frontier. That one didn't do too well either and was meant to be stand-alone anyway.

I'd say we're looking at something new here. Though it's too early to tell as of yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2024
    SBaby said:
    Sadly, you're probably right. I know that without even asking anyone at Ban Dai.
    ...only that wouldn't make a lick of sense since TOEI are the ones that work on the shows. Ban Dai only makes the toys.
    Tamers was originally scheduled for a little over 100 episodes, but got cut to 50 due to low ratings in Japan, or so I've read.
    Nope, it was always meant to run the 50 episodes. The only of the four series that was meant to run anywhere close to 100 episodes was season one, but it was decided that it would work better as a second series.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Kazuhito said:
    ...only that wouldn't make a lick of sense since TOEI are the ones that work on the shows.

You're right. Toei makes the show. I keep forgetting that.

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting today. We now have the Japanese title for Season 5. Drum Roll, please.

DIGIMON SAVERS (You're not seeing things. This is the title.)

Anyway, it looks like we'll be having older characters this time around. Check this out!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/WtW_Suzaku/LineartAndLogo.jpg

Don't know why, but these three make me think of Gundam...

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2024
    Sorta reminds me of a mix of the animation from the first four movies and something from the Gundam SEED character designer.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Doesn't it? That long haired character looks kind of like Athren (not sure of the spelling) from Gundam Seed in the yelling pic.

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    IMO, the best season was two. Three was okay, but after that it got 'too' digital.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2024
    *saves thread from death*

First of all, the season now has a confirmed air date of sometime in April, the show will air Sunday mornings from 9~9:30 as it's old slot is now occupied by another anime.

New partner Digimon:

Left to right top row: Agumon, Gaomon, Lalamon

Bottom row: GeoGreymon, Gaogamon, Sunflowermon.

Digimon to the side: Pawnchessmon

New digivice: Digivice iC

[Confirmed Story]
    The hero, Masaru/Masara, is in the second year of Junior High(8th) and is the strongest fighter at his school. Although his skills with computers are low, his father was one of the first to work on the [Digital World] project. The father is now missing. DATS(Digital Tokusou Tai) is formed when an Agumon escapes into the real world. Masara/Masaru and Agumon become friends and understand each other through their fists. Masara/Masaru and Agumon work along with DATS to investigate incidents dealing with the Digital World and Digital Monsters appearing in the real world.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back