• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Discussion

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Does gaining 'Role Levels' just improve the passive ability of that class? (Like how Ravagers get chaining bonuses or whatnot).

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    If you have a problem fighting Odin here is some help for you guys

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I just found out that your CP maxes at 999,999. It really bites, but you can only get about a quarter of the party's level 10 Crystariums covered before the postgame. It still isn't too much of a hassle going to Gran Pulse and fighting on the path to the Juggernaut that guards a chest. It's still 22,000 CP every 5 minutes or so.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    What is the total number of chapters in the game? At the moment I'm on 9 and I it's only taken me ~13 hours of gameplay o.O Doesn't seem very much for a final fantasy game!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    13 chapters, but the final 3 take longer than the first 10~

Oooh good :)

Spoiler:

Really enjoying the game so far :) Cut scenes are beautiful, the ties between the characters are great.

My favourite cutscene so far:
    Spoiler:

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Currently on chapter 11, god the game is soooo good. I'm aiming for 100% this playthrough so I am using the guide on trophy hints and stuff like that, and for good places to grind for Juice(CP) for my party.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years

• Obviously they have a crappy TV. Playing FFXIII on my widescreen HD TV via the PS3 is just simply.. Mind blowing. I see no flaws or pixels. >>

Plus the video is crappy in itself, considering the quality of it, so lmao.

It really is the best looking game I've ever seen. So far, I think it's pretty good, the story line, the game play, etc. I can't believe people have trouble understand the plot line though. o_o It's so simple and I'm only up to Chapter 2.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015

Obviously they have a crappy TV. Playing FFXIII on my widescreen HD TV via the PS3 is just simply.. Mind blowing. I see no flaws or pixels. >>

Plus the video is crappy in itself, considering the quality of it, so lmao.

It really is the best looking game I've ever seen. So far, I think it's pretty good, the story line, the game play, etc. I can't believe people have trouble understand the plot line though. o_o It's so simple and I'm only up to Chapter 2.

I have a really small standard definition TV, and it looks great on my screen. That must've just been an older TV. Or it could've been the recording device.

Oooh good :)

Spoiler:

You need to grind for him, but there's no need to upgrade weapons. If you absolutely MUST upgrade someone, start with Fang, since she will be doing more physical attacking in the coming chapters than anyone else in the party (in fact, there's a battle in Chapter 10 that is virtually impossible to win without upgrading her at least to a second tier weapon).

That said, he isn't a pushover in the least. Not only does his Destrudo attack drain a ton of HP and leave everyone in or close to critical (even with a Sentinel configuration), but he casts Doom once he's down to a little less than a quarter health (no fooling, I almost had a heart attack when I saw it). And with his staying power and ability to negate all chain damage on a whim, you'll need to have at least one character that can attack at all times (Fang is the perfect candidate). I managed to beat him at about the 500 mark with Fang as a Commando/Sentinel/Saboteur, Hope as a Medic/Synergist and Lightning as a Party Leader Ravager/Commando/Medic. As long as you're constantly damaging him with someone, you should win by attrition. If worse comes to worse, remember that Summoning gives your party a full refill on HP once the Gestalt expires (not to mention taking off a nice chunk of the boss' HP).

If you think he's bad now, wait until Chapter 11. He foregoes Destrudo, but gains an almost unfair upgrade to his HP (Read: you have to be able to do almost half a million points of damage during the Doom phase during the second encounter). At least he doesn't negate your chain at will anymore though.

And yes, the parade scene was awesome. I thought it was going to be cheesy, but it's actually pretty sick.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I have a really small standard definition TV, and it looks great on my screen. That must've just been an older TV. Or it could've been the recording device.

You need to grind for him, but there's no need to upgrade weapons. If you absolutely MUST upgrade someone, start with Fang, since she will be doing more physical attacking in the coming chapters than anyone else in the party (in fact, there's a battle in Chapter 10 that is virtually impossible to win without upgrading her at least to a second tier weapon).

That said, he isn't a pushover in the least. Not only does his Destrudo attack drain a ton of HP and leave everyone in or close to critical (even with a Sentinel configuration), but he casts Doom once he's down to a little less than a quarter health (no fooling, I almost had a heart attack when I saw it). And with his staying power and ability to negate all chain damage on a whim, you'll need to have at least one character that can attack at all times (Fang is the perfect candidate). I managed to beat him at about the 500 mark with Fang as a Commando/Sentinel/Saboteur, Hope as a Medic/Synergist and Lightning as a Party Leader Ravager/Commando/Medic. As long as you're constantly damaging him with someone, you should win by attrition. If worse comes to worse, remember that Summoning gives your party a full refill on HP once the Gestalt expires (not to mention taking off a nice chunk of the boss' HP).

If you think he's bad now, wait until Chapter 11. He foregoes Destrudo, but gains an almost unfair upgrade to his HP (Read: you have to be able to do almost half a million points of damage during the Doom phase during the second encounter). At least he doesn't negate your chain at will anymore though.

And yes, the parade scene was awesome. I thought it was going to be cheesy, but it's actually pretty sick.

I finally managed to beat him, used the defense battle sphere before going in so I had protect/shell instantly at my disposal. I did it with the all girl team XD Lightning(Commando)/Fang(Sentinal/Commando)/Vanille(Ravanger/Medic). Worked pretty well :) Can't wait to face him again, I thought his health was bad enough this time!

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Just beat the game. *squees* :D Overall, I like FF12 better simply because I do(don't complain, please, I love it a lot, Ashe ftw 8D) but I can firmly say FFXIII is my second favorite game in the series after it and before FFVIII.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ok so most of this post is going to go in spoilers XD :

Spoiler:

woooo

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    I'm only having trouble beating the boss "Manasavin Warmech" in the lake part.

But overall, good game right now so far. D;

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Since I just got a job at Burger King, I can buy the game after I get my paycheck, so I'll get it and the nice Hard Cover Guide, just because I was a sucker for it back when I first saw the one for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Ok guys, Im up to Chapter 8 and uh, things are going tough.....

Spoiler:

Other than that, this game is sick. It has amazing detail and the environments are just awesome.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ok guys, Im up to Chapter 8 and uh, things are going tough.....

Spoiler:

Other than that, this game is sick. It has amazing detail and the environments are just awesome.

Try using Sazh's synergist abilities to cast en~ magic. Elemental attacks increase the bar quicker and so Ravager + Commando will do lots to the bar ^^.

You will have to keep switching to medic to heal, do it just when you think he is about to launch a devastating attack.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Ok guys, Im up to Chapter 8 and uh, things are going tough.....

Spoiler:

Did you try having Sazh cast Haste and Faith in the beginning? It helps a lot. I started with Syn/Medic and then alternated between Com/Rav and Rav/Rav once the Eidolon was staggered. I also recommend you equip both characters with Ember Rings (if you collected any), which will help lessen Brynhildr's damage output.

If you're still having trouble, you can use Fortisol and Aegisol before the fight so you won't have to worry about buffing either of them. Just focus on bringing him down as quickly as possible before the buffs lose their effect. Also, you won't have to worry about grinding in this game until Chapter 11, as you'll see that the difficulty changes and weapon upgrading becomes recommended at that point.

Kauai

New Look, New me ~ ;D
    Years
  • Not playing FFXII anymore

After hearing a lot of rave reviews about this game I was really expecting more.
    It just feels so boring to me and generally I also really disliked the battle system. I got up to about fifteen hours, but I really don't feel much will to play on besides that...
    The only saving grace was Balthier, cause well, he's fairly awesome. x3

But besides that I'll just stick to FFXIII.

What are you experiences with FFXII?

Back