• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Eh, might as well.
    logo-1150318adb2bc2741c91687dab35b2bb.png

What is this?
    This game, made by Square Enix and DeNA and available for iOS and Android (Windows Phone users are screwed yet again) is the proof that someone at Square Enix did in fact get fired for All the Bravest and that they can make a good mobile game if they try. Record Keeper's story is as follows: All the Final Fantasy stories, or at least I-XIII, are kept safe inside a giant library who the hell knows where, until they start breaking for no good reason, and it's your job to restore them by murdering anything in your path. Basically, it's a big excuse plot that exists solely to put as much fanservice as they can into one game.

How does it work?
    Gameplay is largely similar to Final Fantasy games of old, ATB system and all. Here's how the game progression works: You go into dungeons themed after different places and events from Final Fantasy games, and instead of having actual dungeons to explore, you go through a set number of battle gauntlets, how many depends on the dungeon in question, until you reach the boss (most of the time anyway) and your job is to kill everything while making sure you don't die yourself. Now while that may sound like standard Final Fantasy fare, they throw a curveball at you: You have to craft abilites for your characters, ranging from standard black and white magic to more sophisticated stuff like summons and the like. Another thing is that you can only equip two abilities to a single character, and you can only use it a limited number of times, for example you can only use a Fire spell twice in a single dungeon unless you retreat the dungeon entirely. You can also hone said abilities to be able to use them more often, and that is a necessity sometimes.

Do I have to pay for it?
    Not at all! The game is free to play, and you can get by without paying money just fine. The game functions on a stamina system, and each round of a dungeon costs a set amount of stamina, but it recharges reasonably quickly (one stamina per 3 minutes) and you can extend how much you have by just clearing out dungeons. The only things money can get you are gems, which have three functions:
    1. Restoring stamina if you're impatient
    2. Getting a free heal in the middle of a dungeon
    3. Relic Draw, which gives you rare equipment.
    However, you can also do the same things with mythril, which you also get for clearing dungeons, and there's an event right now where you can get one per day just by playing, so there's nothing you can only get with money. And, as I said earlier, someone got fired for All the Bravest, because in this game you get more characters to play as just by, what else, clearing dungeons. Characters in this game so far range from well-known people like Cecil and Cloud to more obscure people like Josef from FFII and Snow from FFXIII (but no Lightning yet, weird).

Well that was a giant wall of text if I ever saw one. Anyway, I'm no expert on this game but I can give some advice if anyone's having trouble. You can find the game's official website here, and a strategy site/wiki here. I must advise to tread with caution though, as the strategy site has pretty much gone to crap ever since the Rinoa event happened.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • I play this daily, actually. Too bad I missed out on Shinra Tower and Mt. Ordeals (I think that was the name).

Regarding the Rinoa event, the elite dungeon can go die in a fire. Even with max level characters with proper equipment, the elite bosses are still hard. The past events were tolerable, but this......

Other than that, I have yet to draw a 5-star equipment. My luck is terribad, so........

Another thing is that you can only equip two abilities to a single character, and you can only use it a limited number of times, for example you can only use a Fire spell twice in a single dungeon unless you retreat the dungeon entirely. You can also hone said abilities to be able to use them more often, and that is a necessity sometimes.

Regarding the limited use of abilities outside of honing, only exception is if you either use a Mythril or the character whose abilities are depleted levels up after a battle result while on the mission.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    The only 5-star equips I have so far are a Genji Armour, Balamb Garden Uniform and Golden Spear (which basically gives Kain a free pass for the party since he's the only person who can use it effectively). The rest of my equipment is 4-star either via combining like crazy or just getting lucky on relic draws. So far it's gotten me through most of the classic dungeons, I'm on the Mi'ihen Highroad (FFX) right now. The elite Rinoa event can die in a fire though, I just got Rinoa and then gave up on it.

I did miss out on Sephiroth and Cecil though, but I heard they're redoing the Shinra Tower event sometime in the next few months. Trust me, you do not wanna miss Sephiroth again.

Lord Scalgon

Years
  • Lucky you...I do have 5-star equipment, but they were from combining equipment. I already 100% all classic dungeons (until next huge update, so I'm just doing runs in elite dungeons as of now).

Apparently, in the Rinoa event...in the elite dungeon, Seifer has 165888 HP and Edea has 179712 HP in the final section. Yeah, I give up. Someone has achieved this with a gold trophy, but this is simply bonkers insane.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Yeah, I'm not gonna even try if the last boss of the event has more HP than Safer*Sephiroth.

In other news, apparently they'll be adding FFIX (and FFXII but who cares) dungeons in the next update. About time, FFIX is my favourite and its lack of representation so far makes me cry. The next event should either be Lenna from FFV or Vanille from FFXIII, Lenna was supposed to come before Rinoa and even had her own profile in the game but then they removed it for whatever reason.

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Ah, Record Keeper. I've easily wasted four hours playing this game when I should be asleep. :) I was dissapointed at the event for unlocking Celes, though. It wasn't as fun as the other events, and it leeched all my mythril and stamina... but i'm eagerly awaiting when Cecil (Paladin) comes around again, he's easily my favourite character.

Who do you guys want to see appear next? I'm hoping for Vaan the sky pirate.

Lord Scalgon

Years
  • Yeah, I'm not gonna even try if the last boss of the event has more HP than Safer*Sephiroth.

Somewhere down the road, there will eventually be something that's just as bad as this...

In other news, apparently they'll be adding FFIX (and FFXII but who cares) dungeons in the next update. About time, FFIX is my favourite and its lack of representation so far makes me cry. The next event should either be Lenna from FFV or Vanille from FFXIII, Lenna was supposed to come before Rinoa and even had her own profile in the game but then they removed it for whatever reason.

Don't forget FF7, too, but anyway, FF9 is something I'd be looking forward to. Not sure how long the FF9 campaign will stretch, but hopefully they at least stretch up to Gizamaluke. I've heard about Lenna possibly being the next one, but who knows what'll happen.

Who do you guys want to see appear next? I'm hoping for Vaan the sky pirate.

My vote goes towards Golbez (FF4), Shadow (FF6), Barret (FF7), Irvine (FF8), and Auron (FFX). It will become a reality somewhere in the future; only time will tell.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    As of now, no. Maybe in a future limited-time event.

Here's a list of upcoming events I found:
    1430230643_ce566f411400edfacad3013d8fec3d1d88f1c69ff17009d045b5c70fbac0f6ef

As you can see, Golbez is there, but not for a long time. Also no suplexing trains for me for some time. ;_; Do note though that this is only for events, this isn't a list of all upcoming charaters, else I would have to go and smack whoever came up with this list.

Lord Scalgon

Years
  • So Golbez is not until fall...in that case, should be interesting regardless of what event occurs. They better not make the elite dungeon event BS like Rinoa's.

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Hm, that's all past stuff. Is there an updated list?

I barely missed getting Celes myself, which I'm kind of mad about- I missed Rinoa too, and I don't like Lenna and Vanille (i think that's her name), I wanted Celes and Terra together as bulky white and black mages respectively.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Bump because of update.

First off, I just got a 5* Thunder Blade (VI)! That's definitely going straight to Cloud (who's Level 50 now btw)

Anyway, the new update adds quests which is standard fare for a mobile game, except that you can accept and abandon any quest you have unlocked at any time which is great. They also updated the daily dungeons so you'll be able to get specific orbs easier, and added a friends list and Roaming Warriors, which calls on other players' characters and uses their Soul Breaks to make dungeons easier.

So, what do you guys think of the whole Roaming Warrior idea? I think it's a pretty cool thing. My friend ID is 92xW, I'll probably be keeping Cloud with Lightning Slash most of the time.

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • I think the Roaming Warrior is an amazing idea, better than StreetPass by far! It's helped me out so much. I can't wait to use that silence-inflicting soul break on the Delta Sisters...

Lord Scalgon

Years
  • Well, I'll admit one thing regarding Roaming Warriors - it benefits, with an uber cheap method to steamroll "impossibly" hard bosses.

(I'll let you guys figure this one out)

Speaking of stop/silence support, I currently have Aerith as my RW. QFWG is my friend code, if you're wondering.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I use Aerith as my white mage so I already have stop/silence. I may make her as my RW from time to time.

Back