• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally online with Vista!

Years
    If you see this, this means I am online. But not on my XP computer upstairs in my house. Nope.

I am currently online with my Vista computer. You remember it, don't you? The one I had so many issues with? The bad install? The new power unit, the better graphics card? Yes, this one.

Well, after over 6 months, I'm finally got this damn thing ONLINE!!! My room doesn't have a phone outlet. I get my phone cord from a really long one that is split upstairs and fed through the floor into my room. However, that cord it just long enough to reach my bed and that's it. I had to buy a phone splitter cord that will reach the outlet for my Vista computer. That finally came in this week and I got online after I installed a recent version of my ISP.

My only problem now is that I have to get a lot of Windows updates for this thing now. >< And with this crappy 56K modem, that will take a while.

Years
    Captain Planet;bt9790 said:
    Poor you, pooooor poooor you. Yes, that will really take a damn long while. DDDDDDDD:
    I know. ><

I had to do a major update on my Norton program on my XP, it was 39 MB big. It took me 2 /1/2 hours to get it done. God only knows how many updates I'll have to put in my Vista.

I'm going to bring this thing to my friend's house and use his internet connection. He has cable.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Dang. Vista sure has so many updates. I am glad right now I have XP. But I am glad your computer is online ready. ^^

Back