• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Momoshiro

Meow.
    Years
    What do you think of it? I'm trying to find out if I should buy it. I loved all the other FE games and I hope that this one won't change my views on them.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    It's a direct sequel to Path of Radiance, so get it if you want a continuation of the story. It's an excellent game - really long, and a great story (though a bit slow at first). I kinda liked PoR just a little bit more, because Radiant Dawn is just frustratingly, ridiculously difficult at times. Great game though, and definitely worth buying if you like FE.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    After playing both Fire Emblem games on the GBA, I have to say I'm rather disappointed with Nintendo's attempt to change the series into a console hit.

The graphics on Radiant Dawn are unfortunately severely outdated, in my opinion. The sound effects are close to none-existent, characters remain practically silent during all the battle scenes and they move so slowly. However, the portraits and backgrounds truly look as though they were created from scratch, and the artwork is also nicely done. If you've played Path of Radiance, then expect the same game here. You will ecounter the same controls, grid-based system, weapons, units, etc.

The GBA games, though technically inferior, featured a better presentation with its limited hardware capabilities, in my opinion. The use of images and backgrounds worked for the GBA because it was the best way to present the series on that system. It's time for the series to introduce, reinvent itself so that it can best be represented on the next generation of consoles. Simply copying the GBA format to the GC or Wii is obviously going to have an outdated feel to it, as the GBA is outdated.

~{Metal~Ridley}~

Corrupted........
    Years
    Ive read about radiant dawn but still no news of when it will be out in UK and ireland . Does anyone know?

thaks in advance.

~Deoxys

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    What's the plot of Fire Emblem? Is it similar to, say, Chrono Trigger?

Back