• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Fire Pokemon... What Happened To Em?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Before you get the natdex in pearl/diamond, there are 5 fire pokemon in total i believe, Ponyta, Rapidash, Chimcher and evos, so yeah, barly any

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    Yeah, I agree. Just two types of Fire pokes, the Ponyta chain and the Chimchar chain. And what comes out once you get the National Dex? Houndoom and Torkoal by Poke-Radar. Magby by attaching LeafGreen. Almost no Fire-types here. Probably they thought they had made Fire-types too common in Hoenn, they made them rare in Sinnoh. Oh well.

Years
    Yeah I was just thinking yesterday I literally have just 1 fire Pokemon in Ponyta since I got the game a few days ago. I chose Piplup so Pontya is the only fire Pokemon I own. Think I need to pick some up on GTS!

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Overpowered.

Big big reason you don't see many fire poke anymore, is because in Kanto region they made them too abundant, and overpowered them with mega attacks like fireblast. They could beat even water types with it. So they let it slowup.

Years
    I've thought of why there are not much wild fire Pokémon and it is simple in R/B/Y and G/S/C there are a lot of places where you would expect them to hang out and then in FR/LG the same and onto R/S/E there is also alot of hot places to go to but have you noticed there are not many hot places in D/P because it is mainly foggy, rainy and snowy where fire Pokémon won't seem to fit to live so the only ones that appear in the wild are the Ponyta Chain because in real life horses can live anywhere, also everyone forgot about one fire type and that is Flareon because you can catch Eevee in Backlot's Garden!

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    I don't really mind the lack of Fire-types; that's one less in-game type to threaten my dear Snorunt and Seedot [after I finish my Snorunt project].

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I don't really mind the lack of Fire-types; that's one less in-game type to threaten my dear Snorunt and Seedot [after I finish my Snorunt project].

Snorunt project? Why would you mention it if your not gonna share with the class? lol

Fire is too one sided imo, hence why there are more water types, ANY fire type is godly. So they need to weaken it via water type. Specially since Japan is surrounded by water, they notice fish and such easier. Thusly comes to mind faster when making new poke.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Yeah, only a couple of Fire-element Pokemon are actually usable in competition anyways. I have other Pokemon covering that element.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Snorunt project? Why would you mention it if your not gonna share with the class? lol

Fire is too one sided imo, hence why there are more water types, ANY fire type is godly. So they need to weaken it via water type. Specially since Japan is surrounded by water, they notice fish and such easier. Thusly comes to mind faster when making new poke.

Even so, Sinnoh is based off of an island from japan, thats rotated, so yeah you would think there would be more water pokemon and other types.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Snorunt project = breeding 100,000 Snorunt while only keeping the Shining or good IV'd, right Nature'd and female ones. So far, out of 125 Snorunt, I have two Modest ones and neither are female.

D:

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Well I think that there should be alot of fire pokemon around the Stark mountain area but other than that there arent many.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Don't forget you can now find Geodudes in grass XD

Go to that one place above route 31 ( I think it's 31...) in GSC, you can find Geodude, Phanpy(morning) and JigglyPuff there...

As far as fire types go... THERE ARE TOO MANY FREAKING WATER TYPES... that's the dominant Pokemon Type... IIRC there are over 200 of them, so that's about half... I know it's not pure water types, but majoirty of Pokemon have a type Water/something.

Last edited:
    Back