• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red Problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    hey guys i recently got fire red gba....
    Sorry to bother everyone with this, but I was playing the ROM for Pokemon Fire Red and noticed that error when starting the game. The game itself runs ok until you beat the elite 4... but since you can't make an in-game save, it starts over at that point and I can't finish the rest of the game.

When the game first starts, you get this message:

"The 1-M Circuit Board is not Installed"

If you actually try to save the game with the in-game save option, it says "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory"..

can any one help .... ???

thanxs sameer

Years
    Uh, no. There is a way to fix it.

I believe your emulator settings are wrong. If you are using Visual Boy Advance, go to Options>Emulator>Save Type and select Automatic and Flash 128K. I bet you had the save type at 64K which is default. I use those settings for Fire Red and Leaf Green as well as Shiny Gold and they save fine.

Not sure how to do it in No$GBA because I don't use it since Visual Boy Advance is much easier to use.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    fabio875 i agrree The simplist way to fix this problem is to increase the Flash Memory size in the emulator (Options->Emulator->Save Type and choose "Flash 128K"). However this might cause problems in other games that use 64K memory. The other solution is to create a "vba-over.ini" file in the same directory as the emulator itself. With this file you can set "game specific" options that will only be used for the games you specify.Instructions for creating this file can be found in the readme file for VisualBoy Advance. I have provided the specific setting for each known effected game below:

CODE

e-Reader (U)
    [PSAE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon Ruby (U)
    [AXVE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon Sapphire (U)
    [AXPE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon FireRed (U)
    [BPRE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon LeafGreen (U)
    [BPGE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon Emerald (U)
    [BPEE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072
    [????]=The four character "Game Code". This can be found by choosing "Rom Information" from the file menu of VisualBoy Advance. This code must match the game you will use it for or the setting will not work. Make sure that the codes above match the rom you are using.

With this file you can leave the Flash Memory setting at 64K in the emulator and not worry about messing up any of your other game saves. When you open one of the above games the vba-over.ini file will override the emulator's default setting and use 128K memory for that game even if you have it set for 64K.

Regardless of which method you choose you can now play the game without a save patch! The game will run as it would on the real GBA without any problems and you won't get a "Save is Corrupted" message when you go to load your game again. The only problem with either of these methods is that they cannot fix an existing save file. You will have to start a new game with these setting enabled.

for more help and info visit
    Code:
    **https://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17613&hl=Save+Error[\CODE]

Remove ** things in the address.

thanxs

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    is this a good team

is this a good team and is there a pokemon to add
    swampert- ice beam, surf, earthquake, protect
    sableye- detect, shadow ball, faint attack, mean look
    gardeivoir- future sight, calm mind, thunderbolt, future sight
    breloom- sky uppercut, stunspore, mega drain, strength
    crobat- air cutter or poison fang, fly, confuse ray, bite

Status