• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireFox addons & tools

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10615

it's firedownload. It's great for people who download zip type files all the time, It actually does super charge them, I download from mediafire all the time and get possibly 200-500 and I can get up to 1.1 mbs or 1,000 kbps. It seems to make .exes not work, but It's great for zips. I'd recommend it to anyone :D

Also Febe, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109

It backs up everything, and i mean literally everything. I've forgotten the password for my email, and i luckily backed it up with this, and completely saved me :D
    These two are great, I'm happy to implement them and therefore name you a contributor!
    I love The Download Helper add-on ^^
    Yeah, you might fill your hard disks with those videos, I guess.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Add ons with FireFox depends on the user, is your a webmaster then there is plenty that will suit webmastering needs, etc...

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Well, it's an addon and a theme... They are called "Strata 4" collectively, and makes Firefox look more Chrome-ish.

FireFox addons & tools

Link to Cnet howto.

It's still beta, so it's not on mozilla.com yet. It also needs Firefox 3.6 to work.
    Strata 4
    Stratabuddy

Years
    I tend to be in favor of less add-ons than more. The main ones I use are:
    • Lastpass - An online password key manager. Also available for Chrome, etc.
    • Xmarks (Foxmarks) - Bookmarks syncing. Also availbe for Chrome.
    • All-in-one Sidebar - Pulls the extensions management into a nice sidebar and allows it to be easily accessed and modified.
    • Omnibar - Integrates the search bar into the address bar a la Chrome.
    • Menu Editor - Allows me to cut out alot of the crap in the menu bar that is useless if you know the shortcuts for what you need.

Other than that, I find most other things to be more obtrusive and distracting than useful. Admittedly I might want to run NoScript, but that takes a bit of effort to configure.

Otherwise, CoolIris if nothing else is interesting. It basically presents a wall of content (images and video) that you can zoom into and watch/look at.

Now if/when I work on a website (eeh... :() I will/would likely deploy a separate build of Firefox with many of the webmaster extensions added, such as Firebug, FireFTP, CSSViewer, ColorZilla, etc.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Add ons with FireFox depends on the user, is your a webmaster then there is plenty that will suit webmastering needs, etc...
    That's why descriptions exist. To make us understand whether we need something or not.
    Well, it's an addon and a theme... They are called "Strata 4" collectively, and makes Firefox look more Chrome-ish.

FireFox addons & tools

Link to Cnet howto.

It's still beta, so it's not on mozilla.com yet. It also needs Firefox 3.6 to work.
    Strata 4
    Stratabuddy
    Sorry, beta-staged add-ons are not on priority, but I'll mention you in the first post anyway, thanks. :)
    I tend to be in favor of less add-ons than more. The main ones I use are:
    • Lastpass - An online password key manager. Also available for Chrome, etc.
    • Xmarks (Foxmarks) - Bookmarks syncing. Also availbe for Chrome.
    • All-in-one Sidebar - Pulls the extensions management into a nice sidebar and allows it to be easily accessed and modified.
    • Omnibar - Integrates the search bar into the address bar a la Chrome.
    • Menu Editor - Allows me to cut out alot of the crap in the menu bar that is useless if you know the shortcuts for what you need.

Other than that, I find most other things to be more obtrusive and distracting than useful. Admittedly I might want to run NoScript, but that takes a bit of effort to configure.

Otherwise, CoolIris if nothing else is interesting. It basically presents a wall of content (images and video) that you can zoom into and watch/look at.

Now if/when I work on a website (eeh... :() I will/would likely deploy a separate build of Firefox with many of the webmaster extensions added, such as Firebug, FireFTP, CSSViewer, ColorZilla, etc.
    Thanks, i'll look into finding the addons that you mentioned and upload them.
    Seems like you should get Chrome running instead... ;p

Back