• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Firered - Adding New Pokemon to be Affected by Stick and Thick Club

Years
  • So I wanted to add Sirfetch'd, Galarian Farfetch'd and Alolan Marowak. I'm not using MRDS and I replaced different pokemon with alolan marowak and galarian farfetch'd (not using forms atm).

I could make the last 2 pokemon mentioned above forms (not sure how to do that either) and use this but I still want sirfetch'd to be able to use stick, so that's not an amazing solve I think.

I know how to compile ASM but I don't know how to write it. Any help is appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    So bad news, there's not data that corresponds to those effects, both stick and thick club check the species in the code. So you'll have to patch those functions (I guess by finding the offsets corresponding to those bits of code, and writing the appropriate ASM to include the new species IDs in the check).

Years
  • So bad news, there's not data that corresponds to those effects, both stick and thick club check the species in the code. So you'll have to patch those functions (I guess by finding the offsets corresponding to those bits of code, and writing the appropriate ASM to include the new species IDs in the check).

Yeah I'm not surprised by that - I looked a bit of stuff up on pokefirered before asking this. With that said, I found this; how feasible is it to make new items with the same effects? I also don't know the full code MrDollSteak is talking about and I can't just steal his code and change some things either.

Or maybe I can make sirfetch'd a form of farfetch'd but i don't even know if the game would let farfetch'd evolve into "itself"? Not sure how to change pokemon's ID numbers either to make them forms of each other

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    If you're doing binary, I expect it's about the same level of feasible to create new hold effects as to alter the existing ones. But you might have some luck using CFRU? I wouldn't be surprised if that has all the item effects in C code, which would mean it's just a small edit in Notepad, rather than any ASM.

I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions about forms and evolutions.

Back