• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [FireRed] B/W & B2/W2 Font Patch

Years
B/W & B2/W2 Font Patch for FireRed

This patch will replace the big font in FireRed with the font used in the Gen 5 games (Black/White and Black 2/White 2). All 4 copies of the big font will be replaced. The small font will be left untouched.

This was a patch that I originally made in late 2021, which I didn't release. However, I lost that original version, due to my laptop starting to have problems in March 2023 that made it unusable. Due to that, I had to remake the patch from scratch.

Notes:

• 4 new accented characters have been added (ÃÕãõ), for Portuguese-language hacks, which weren't in the vanilla game (the only accented character used in the Portuguese language that is present in the vanilla game is Çç, which is used in the French language).
The new accented characters uses slots 2F, 30, 31 and 32 in the text table.​

• Uppercase accented characters (such as ÃÉÌÔÜÑ), except for Ç are slightly smaller, due to font height limitations.
Trying to leave them with their original height while keeping consistency with the position of the non-accented lowercase characters would result in the drop shadow of some characters (such as gpqy) being cutoff.​

Screenshots:
bwfont-01.png
bwfont-02.png

bwfont-03.png
bwfont-04.png

New accented characters test:
bwfont-05.png

For the curious: This phrase means "Balloons is the plural of the word balloon".

Credits:

• Mayugaph (DeviantArt): Font rip (English characters only) - Used as reference

• Filb.de: Screenshots used as reference for the German accented characters

• PokéBip: Screenshots used as reference for the French accented characters

• PkParaíso: Screenshots used as reference for the Spanish accented characters

No freespace or repointing is required, since the font graphics are uncompressed.

Attachments

• BWB2W2 Font Patch.ips
    11.1 KB · Views: 50
Back