• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] FireRed Constant changes with scripts - unsure why issues occur

Days
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    I have been trying to make a Rom hack for FireRed, just screwing around I guess, I don't know if I'll be even able to finish it at this point

I have been coming across issues with scripts becoming corrupted or changed over time
    Previously it wasn't too big of an issue as I could replace them, finding new Offset data and recompiling the same script

However, now I have a big issue with the #raw movement commands with a script that previously worked perfectly fine
    The exclamation points become peoples feet, my player is moved over but my camera isn't- characters on screen that just have text have their character model screw up and it becomes all wonky- some people are arrows that pulse when I move- I then get stuck, my camera can move but my body does nothing and I am unable to move properly or navigate as if walls are appearing in front of invisible me

The script is as follows -

'---------------
    #dynamic 0x727DCC

#org @main
    lock
    msgbox @textdata 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @Yes
    msgbox @No 0x2
    release
    end

#org @Yes
    playsong 0x112 0x0
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @EncounterText @DefeatText @WonPointer
    release
    end

#org @WonPointer
    msgbox @DadHears 0x6
    fanfare 0x171
    textcolor 0x3
    preparemsg @PokedexGet1
    waitmsg
    waitfanfare
    additem 0x126 0x1
    msgbox @StealTM 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    applymovement 0x02 @move
    pause 0x17
    applymovement 0xFF @move2
    pause 0x20
    hidesprite 0x2
    setflag 0x829
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x20B
    release
    end

#org @move
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0x55
    #raw 0x20
    #raw 0x5
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0x1E
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move2
    #raw 0x64
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x1
    #raw 0x66
    #raw 0xFE

msgbox @PokedexGet2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @textdata
    = Steal this Trainer's Pokedex?

#org @No
    = You decided you didn't want to\nfight over it......\lyet...

#org @EncounterText
    = Wha-? Wait-WHAT are you DOING?!?\nGive me back my pokedex you- you-\lYOU **********

#org @DefeatText
    = N-NO! Let go of my POKEDEX!!

#org @PokedexGet1
    = You stole the Pokedex!

#org @PokedexGet2
    = You can now look up additional\ninfo about your pokemon!\lYou are also able to convince some\lofficials that you are a trainer!

#org @StealTM
    = You also decided to steal\nTM6(Toxic) as the boy was\lcowering....\lToxic: Dmg:PSN Acc:85% PP:10\lDefinition: You

#org @DadHears
    = Just you wait until my dad hears\nabout this!\lI'm gonna tell him!\land then- a-and then he'll\lbuy me a new one!

So this part
    hidesprite 0x2
    setflag 0x829
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x20B

The rival is Person Event #2 - so 0x2
    setflag 0x829 (Pokedex))
    special 0x16F (Pokedex)
    setflag 0x20B - Rival's Person ID

no, the Person ID is not shared with any other NPC
    no, the Person Event # is not shared with another NPC on a different page

Also - in regards to finding free space- the normal Magnifying glass is how I get that- and I have found no source that explains this function properly
    (The Advance Map tutorial is... not even close to good)
    (The XSE tutorial on the "Guide" online document was a good intro - but is missing chunks)
    (This page https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 is really helping me - but I'm sure anyone can see that this page is missing a 'Show Spoiler' and skips over explaining some small things that first time coders are bewildered by)

I have no idea why things aren't working and I'm pretty desperate for help at this point
    (depressio's make me want to build, when my sand castle is kicked over I get unreasonably upset- tis the way of how stupid I am)

If you need me I'll be hitting my head against a wall <3

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    My suggestion, changing to use HexManiac Advance for more friendly scripting

Days
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    I have downloaded Hex Maniac Advance, it looks and feels awful to edit the game with- I have gone back to knowing nothing about what is in front of me and I am giving up before I get emotional and hurt myself

I am too useless, and this is too awful of an experience

Back