• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Firered/Leafgreen plus Ruby/Saphire DS remake?

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • i personally think they should quickly make every game n ds it would be awesome havng everything i ds i would prefer it than having to migrate

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • On the basis that R/S/E and FR/LG can communicate with D/P/P anyways currently (And most likely HG/SS as well), I see no need for one at this time.

But taking DSi into consideration, maybe they may CONSIDER it when the original DS and DS Lite go out of production. And you can always hope they may have some sort of remake or port when FR/LG or R/S/E reach their 10th anniversary.

The point I'll leave on is that I'm currently happy that Gold and Silver are being remade (No doubt some Crystal features will be incorporated), and that they should just get on with that and make it the best Pokemon remakes ever and maybe THEN focus on other remakes when the dust has settled on HG/SS.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Now before you say "NO! We already have Firered and Leafgreen on gameboy.", listen to this.

Now with the possible gold and silver remakes, who is to say that Nintendo would be at an inconveinence to NOT have all the Pokemon games reformatted for DS? All the investment into the DS has more than passed expectations, so why not? Nintendo is making so much money off of DS, I've heard people say "Gameboy Advanced? Whats that?".

Not to mention a Ruby and Saphire remake. There is many features in the AG games that the DS's massive memory could greatly enhance, that I would love to have "Pokemon Rubyred or Saphireblue". Who knows? Its entirely possible.

They'll probably remake R/S/E when they release the 5th gen games. As for Fr/Lg, they'll never have to remake that because they're already remakes and remaking remakes is a waste of time and money. Maybe they'll remake them after, like, 10 years.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I agree, they should've sticked with legendaries like Lugia and Ho-Oh, who were just powerful. Mewtwo was okay too, but this is just over the limit. How could you possibly top God Pokemon? More powerful God Pokemon of course!
    (How'd you beat uberpowerful Goku. With another Goku who has even more muscles! And how'd you beat him? More muscles, more muscles, etc. till you get an incredibly unrealistic monster, who's too strong, so he brings himself down :S).

Yeah, Ruby and Sapphire weren't so bad. And DPPt started with God Pokemon, because of the incredibly powerful RSE Pokemon. Like I said above: You get a uberpowerful Goku effect, which causes the Pokemon to become more and more overpowered. It's not Pokemon's fault that they have to come up with something stronger every generation. It's because of the audience who wants to see more and more action.

At first , my hatred of not being able to bring my older pokemon form GSC clouded my judgment of Ruby when I played it the first time, but I have to admit that I like Torchic and Mudkip .

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    I have many thoughts on this peculiar subject.

On the canonical side of thing, I think these generation sets (RSEFrLg and DPPlHgSs) fit, since RSE and Fr/Lg happen around the same time, and DPPlHgSs all happen at a similar time, 3 years after Gen 3.

On the more technical side of things, I think FireRed and LeafGreen primarily existed to not only make possible the contact between first and third gen possible, but also to update R/B to the battle and stat engine reforme that RSE brought about. HgSs will surely be there for similar reasons. Wow, mu argument sure does sound stupid.

But on the marketing side of things, I think Nintendo just want to bring back the fans they lost when RSE came about.

Also, I definitely don't advice making a remake of a remake.

Collen

I have returned.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    probbally not they are remakes themself you know.

toastx2009

Raising an army of Oddishes...
    Years
  • They should call the R/S remake MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire. It will come probably on 2013. I would seriously buy the R/S remake since it was my first Pokemon Game. =D

Back