• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FireRed / LeafGreen worth purchasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2008
    Hey guys, i already have pokemon blue.
    Are FireRed or LeafGreen worth getting, i heard it's pretty much the same? What are the differences that would make me want to get this game?

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Well, besides FR/LG being two generations ahead of Blue and featuring capabilities such as GCN connectivity as well as connectivity with RSE, as well as the introduction of new Pokemon, places and opponents, including a stronger Elite Four and Rival, I can't say there's much a difference.

I'd get a DS, though, and buy Diamond or Pearl when it comes out April 22. It features a slight bit of a backwards compatibility with FRLG/RSE, as well as letting you fight trainers all over the nation/world.

But if you have $25 to spare, go ahead and pick up FR or LG.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    We already have plenty of threads, that deal with the question of what would be good about either game, and which would be reccomended by users.
    For example, this one. If you have a look at them, and make up your mind about the differences, you will surely come to a decision.

~closed~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back