• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen First and Second Gen. Journey Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Is it possible to trade something you sent to Gold back to a first gen. game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    yea i love the ol school game i was like 8 or so i could never beat the elite four

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Well, stumbling on through Silver I discovered my big lump of a Quagsire that I've been keeping around 'cuz I feel lost without a Ground type actually has a use! Whupped Morty's ghosts using Mud Slap and holding a Quick Claw.

And my lv. 20 Togepi finally evolved!
    Who knew Togetic was so ... yellow. XD

Last edited:

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    I'll chronicle my Johto journeys here, starting from now.
    Up to Ice Path. Have yet to enter.
    Defeated every trainer on the route. Collected berries and Apircorns. I'll level my team in the Path.
    Back-tracked to Mt. Mortar, found useful items. Found Dig TM at National Park, used on Sudowoodo.
    Team:
    Feraligatr@Mystic Water
    Lv 36
    Moves: Ice Punch
    Surf
    Rage
    Bite
    Ampharos@Charcoal Lv 34
    Moves: Fire Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Thundershock
    Thunder Wave
    Noctowl@Amulet Coin Lv 32
    Moves: Peck
    Reflect
    Hypnosis
    Fly
    Haunter@no item Lv 31
    Moves: Confuse Ray
    Hypnosis
    Night Shade
    Shadow Ball
    Machoke@nothing Lv 30
    Moves: Seismic Toss
    Karate Chop
    Focus Energy
    Foresight
    Sudowoodo@nothing Lv 32
    Moves: Rock Slide
    Low Kick
    Mimic
    Dig

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Unexpected Suicune encounter, I was only leveling up my Furret so it ran off before I could blink.

Forgot Olivine existed, went back and did stuff there and in all the other places I subsequently realized I had to do stuff.
    Managed to defeat the Fighting gym with a combination of Hypnosis, Nightmare and Peck just because I wanted to level up my weak (but shiny) Noctowl so it isn't such a waste of a Pokemon slot when I have to FLY.
    Taught shiny Noctowl to FLY.
    Need to get an Umbreon.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Jynx are supposed to be rare, but I ran into three of the things in a row on the Ice Path. Same happened with Tauros by the MooMoo farm - 2 Tauros, Miltank, Raticate, Miltank. Guess they're not *that* rare.

Raising up my Heracross now since it's annoying not having anything that's good against Dark types.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    My Noctowl's got Reflect, Hypnosis and Nightmare as well! :D
    Also Fly, because I need something that Flies, but once he gets big enough to learn a Special attack on his own I think I might unlearn Fly in favor of that. Fly just doesn't seem cool enough for a Noctowl. 8)
    Skarmory can Fly me around until she too learns something more appropriate.

Remembered there's a bunch of stuff in caves I skipped over because I was too lazy to go back there with Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, etc. Will check those out now before heading back to Kanto.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    My, I seem to remember the Elite Four having bigger Pokemon. :P
    Even so, my newer 'mons were weak and needed training to make it through. Did one "test run" after saving the game - got beaten fairly quickly but learned which attacks everyone's Pokemon used and how many hits they could take (also what beats what - these new types are killin' me). Shut off, turned back on, then started training up.

Returned for real, beat 'em up with Umbreon (holding Blackglasses 'cuz they make her look cool :cool:), Ampharos (holding Quick Claw in an attempt to compensate for his pathetic Speed stat - are you an Electric or a Rock, Amphy?), Typhlosion (holding Charcoal 'cuz he has been since Azalea), Skarmory (holding Sharp Beak - can Skarmory's beak *get* any sharper? - to improve her meh Attack stat), Heracross (holding Black Belt to give Reversal some oomph when she's at full HP), and the sole Gen. I Pokemon of the lot, Jynx (holding Nevermeltice because she can, even though her killer Sp. Attack and Dragonite's massive Ice weakness mean she hardly needed the boost).

On to Kanto. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Well, I'm goin' crazy over Johto, and the old styled one too..
    But, thing is, I wanna get my hands on a Cartridge, only way to do that, is to pick it up locally, using Kijiji, which is like eBay, but local. Also, I wanna pick up a Gameboy Color, I see a Green One! So while I surf Kijiji, I will also play on a ROM until further notice, I really need to do some yard work with my Dad.
    YAY FOR POKEMON GENERATION STRAINS!!

bye. :)

Years
    POKéMON BLUE EXPEDITION
    Hey yo, I'm starting my new challenging - I'm going after every game and trying to destroy every single Pokédex. That means see AND catch all of them. So far, I have this:

SEEN - 18
    SEEN BUT NOT CAUGHT - 5 [Squirtle, Sandshrew, Diglett, Geodude, Onix]
    CAUGHT - 13

Just defeated Brock with 1 Pokémon. ;) Well anyway, here are my Pokémon that I have right now.

- LV15 Charmander
    - LV14 Pidgey
    - LV14 Nidoran [M]
    - LV15 Nidoran [F]
    - LV14 Butterfree
    - LV14 Beedrill
    - LV14 Pikachu
    - LV14 Rattata
    - LV14 Spearow

I'm doing the exact same thing, completing all reginal pokedexes and national dex, on all generations (not every game) without using any cheats or glitches (only to obtain mew).

On my pokemon red version i've seen 151 caught 148

I've been doing it for about a year and very nearly completed the Pokedex for Pokemon red version, just need dragonite, blastoise and vaporeon. I've clocked up 106 hours and have been going through yellow and blue and trading the pokemon to my red version to complete it, as soon as I've completed the pokedex, I get to start on generation II, Can't wait :D

I'm also very proud that I went through Pokemon red version without once using the master ball.

Last edited:

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Still strollin' through Silver, takin' my time, seein' the sights in good ol' Kanto.
    Went through the E4 again just to level up an annoying baby Sandshrew with Exp. Share.

Team right now is Umbreon, Houndoom, Furret, Typhlosion, Sandshrew and Dragonair (six more levels till Dragonite!).
    Heavy on the Dark and Fire types 'cuz they're awesome.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I managed to complete my Pokédex on Blue. All 151 Pokémon caught and raised, so they're all between Lv 50 and 60.

I'll post up pics/a video sometime.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    After a bit of an oops (talked to Red without realizing he was Red, got myself in a battle way over my level - luckily I always save before talking to weird strangers in caves), I trained a bit and returned to Mt. Silver. As with the E4, much easier with the correct Pokemon and advance knowledge of what the lineup would be.

Stupid Pikachu actually gave me the most grief, between Charm and Full Restore. Took three Digs and a Slash from Sandslash to get rid of the little rat.
    Used Ampharos against Blastoise even though Ampharos was only in the party as something to use Flash. Sure enough, Rain Dance/Surf KOed the Ampharos, but Lanturn swooped in to take full advantage of the rain with Thunder. Bye bye.
    Venusaur reminded me why I never choose the Grass starter. Crit hit Flamethrower from Houndoom took it out before it could attack.
    Espeon, Crunch Crunch. Yum. It at least had the good sense not to use Psychic on Houndoom, but Swift doesn't do much damage.
    Snorlax was naturally the tough one. Took a Dragonite, X Accuracy, a couple of Full Restores to get rid of damage and Paralysis, and 2 DynamicPunches to KO.
    Charizard. Meh. Lanturn set up with Confuse Ray and Rain Dance, took a Flamethrower and a Hyper Beam and kept on tickin', then went in for the kill while Char recharged.

The. End.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    WARNING!: This will be very TL;DR! SO BE AWARE!

YAY!! My Pokemon Gold version is working! I fixed it up and added a new battery, For anyone who has the saving problem, I would recommend to change the battery, unless you like playing ROMs.

Chapter 1:
    Anyways, so I named myself Gold, then saved. After that, I went to Elm's lab, and picked Cyndaquil.
    I went on an Adventure to Mr. Pokemon's house, but before I arrived at his house, I took a stop in Cherrygrove, and healed up from the training I did. So I arrived at Mr. Pokemon's house, Prof. Oak talked and yapped, so did Mr. Pokemon and then I left. So after I was leaving Cherrygrove, a Red haired Individual named "???" came and talked trash to my face, so I accepted his challenge, and beat him with 2HP. I arrived at Elm's Pokemon lab and told him about how I fought this ??? fellow.
    I told the Authorities that his name was "Silver".

Continued from after Falkner:

So anyways, I beat Sprout Tower, and Falkner with my brand new Quilava, which evolved during Sprout Tower, oh and his name is Erupto. So I decided that my team was empty, all I had was a Sentret, a Pidgey, and an Egg in my PC Box. So I went into the grass on route 32(I think?) and caught a Wooper, named him Quagly. Fought the Water Trainers on that route, with my Quilava, then fought the other ones with my Wooper. Off to Union Cave!

Chapter 3:

Cleared through Union Cave rather Easily, with my Wooper, and then arrived Azalea Town.
    Wiped out Slowpoke well with Wooper and Quilava, then beat Bugsy with Quilava.
    Fought Silver, beat him rather easily, just that he had me at 10HP with one Pokemon left.
    I wanted to get a Heracross, so I went to do the Ilex forest stuff, then got Headbutt, then started Headbutting trees for about 1HR, then I looked at Heracross' Generation II moveset, No more Heracross on my team. So I went through Ilex Forest, cleared through the next Route, arrived at Goldenrod City, got my bike, went to go catch a Sunkern, planning on evolving it into a Sunflora. So now I am in the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City, waiting for Tuesday to come so I can go into the Bug Catching Contest to get my Sun Stone. Until then, Jake.

P.S: Sorry this is so Long, it's just because I was gone for awhile so I had alot of Updating, next Update will definetly not be this long. If you read this whole thing, you deserve a cookie. :)

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Aw, but Heracross is so fun against Dark types! :P

I'm just wandering around leveling up new Pokes now. Working on a lv. 40 Pupitar while I wait for a Pikachu egg (I used all my TM's up early on so I'm having to breed a lot of attacks into my newer 'mons).

EDIT:
    Forgot all about the Legendaries. Oops. Saw Suicune a long time ago so I hunted it down across Johto with Jynx up front. Mean Look, Lovely Kiss, Ice Punch, Ice Punch, Lovely Kiss. Ultra Ball. Great Ball.
    Now I have a Suicune. I'm not going to wander the world for the other two though, so I suppose it's on to the birds.

Last edited:

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Ho-oh took a while, stupid thing either takes too little damage from an attack or gets OHKOed, and Fire Blast kept killing my best Sleeper (Jynx) before I could get his HP down properly.
    Lovely Kiss and a few Ice Punches, Dream Eaters, and Ultra Balls finally nabbed it.

Lv. 40 Lugia was more a matter of luck - first Ice Punch froze it and got it down to a few HP, but I ran out of Balls (forgot to restock after Ho-Oh). Tried again with Ice Punch/Lovely Kiss and caught it with one Great Ball.
    Time to decide what moves to teach Lugia.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just started playing pokemon red properly for the first time in years, I bought Pokemon Red from ebay again last year after I lost the original, I played up until Cerulean City on it but stopped playing it, now that I have a Gameboy Advance SP (bought from ebay) I can play again, I initially started a new game but couldn't be bothered to try and catch a Pikachu so I just loaded the save from last year, I'm heading to Vermillion City on the save file and am going to catch a Diglett from Diglett's cave (or even a Dugtrio if one pops up lol), I think I'll train Watortle while i'm in there

Team;

Wartortle Lv21 [Water Gun, Bubble, Tail Whip, Tackle]
    Pikachu Lv21 [Thundershock, Growl, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave]
    Pidgeotto Lv21 [Gust, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind]

Update: just defeated Lt. Surge, it was a very easy battle with all 1HKOs from Diglett with Dig, Diglett also evolved after the battle which I wasn't expecting (I always thought it was Lv28)

Team:

Wartortle Lv24 [Bubblebeam, Bite] (other two moves are the same as above)
    Pikachu Lv24 [Thunderbolt] (other moves same as above)
    Pidgeotto Lv24 (moves are the same as above)
    Dugtrio Lv26 [Dig, Growl, Scratch, Sand-Attack]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back