• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First atempt at spiritng

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    Pkmn: Which trainers?

Rumor: Nope. I picked up random pallettes which happened to be dark purple and blue [I have few in my files] and did it. lol

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    As Desgardes said, maybe different kinds.
    But now you've gotten into splicing, it's pretty nice.
    I love you recolors, you have a knack for picking palettes out, and you don't seem to forget much, no different colored outlines, nothing is left out from being recolored.
    Maybe now you should start adding stuff when you recolors. You know, add stripes, or spots, or anything that changes the color of the fur when you recolor/splice. It's a little harder, but you can do it.
    I'm looking forward to the next update!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2007
    Keep up the good work with your spriting just always try to add some black to the outline of some of your recolors.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks, everyone! I have an update!

First atempt at spiritng

someone requested this. they gave me list of theur favorite pokemon and colors. I was bored so I picked few out and did this. I'm loving this. Yeah I know, Growlite isn't recolored fully, one of their favorite colors was orange so I left it in. It was perfect shade.

First atempt at spiritng

Someone asked for dark Espeon with lavendar gem so it totally inspired me to do this. I think I did rather well.

First atempt at spiritng

my first color swap. I love this, espically ice type-looking pokemon [forgot name]Any feedback on this is thanked for.

First atempt at spiritng

I got bored one day and picked out few pokemon and did this. I wanted to simplify them. took me an hour to do this. I had to do black outline then recolor shading into one color. I'm not pleased with Mudkip. I may redo it.

First atempt at spiritng

my first TC above was made with temple. this was made completely scratch [expect for sprites and background] I'm not liking how I did it. oh well

First atempt at spiritng

I wanted to make slightly bigger TC with circle slots so I made this. I think I did better on this than other one ^^

First atempt at spiritng

Again I got bored and made this,with diamond slots. I like this too, took me 15 minutes to make.

First atempt at spiritng

I'm loving this too, I wanted to aim for baby pokemon TC, I think I achieved that look, I'm not sure. Yeah, Trainer look cluttered, I know. lol

First atempt at spiritng

I got bored and did this, I didn't transplant background I know, ignore it. I'm hating how I placed pokemon.

First atempt at spiritng

I love this, I wanted to do Kon sisters [my OCs] as pokemon trainers. I love it.

First atempt at spiritng

My older brother and I were talking about pokemon one day, I had an idea of this so I made this. I'm brunette one with Ninetales behind me. Yea, it's clothing and colors I would wear if I was her. Yeah, my hair's same length and volume. My older brother is black-haired one. Yeah, his hair's that way. Why do he have Jigglypuff with him you ask? Well, Ninetales is my favorite pokemon and Jigglypuff's his so that's why.

First atempt at spiritng

Second splice. this one took me a hour and half to make. ears is Glaceon and colors is Flareon. Tail is Espeon and colors is Umbreon. Body is Eevee, head colors is Jolteon, neck colors is Vaporeon, belly/legs colors is Leafeon. I know I need to improve, please give me lot of feedback on this. I'm not liking it.

First atempt at spiritng

A trainer card I had an idea that was floating around for two weeks before I made this. took me 15 minutes. I'm liking this but I'll accpect feedback for this.

And that's my update. Sorry for not transplanting most of images. I'm considering starting a TC shop. Should I?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    Spriting man, not spirting...
    And I don't think it's spriting either, just sprite-making, or sprite-editing.

Pardon me. it is Spriting and your post is useless to me. Please do comment on my sprites. otherwise you're no help to me...epect for reviving my topic..=^.^=

UPDATE!

First atempt at spiritng

Once again, another request from a friend. I think I finally found out the secret to recoloring the flames.....variey the shades lol

First atempt at spiritng

I forgot to transplantify this one lol well I took up Astral's advice, did 1 stripe different color from other stripes and did dither colors on belly and 1 spot. I'm loving it!

First atempt at spiritng

I know, the shell's supposed to be normal but I couldn't ressit and did it black. anyways, my splice of pikachu and squirtle. I'm loving this, I think I did well with splice, expically ears and head! Compare this with different splices I did and you cansee I improved a bit lol

First atempt at spiritng

Another request. I know I didn't do flame on Charizard too well forgive me. I'm loving this recolors, espically the Rapidash ^^

First atempt at spiritng

A splice between Mew and Artcuine [sp?] I named this Mecuni! I know, lot of errors, actually this is my first time adding wings onto someone. ^^; Please point out errors and how I can improve.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2008
    hmm finally a few that are actually real sprites....
    Most of these are simply recoloring. i never liked recoloring a whole lot, but i suppose they looked pretty good either way. nevertheless, ifd youre going to call this spriting, try to do some more real sprites. i think they could turn out pretty cool after a little more practice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    Thank you! I can try to do real sprites. Any suggestions for that? ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    I believe a month hasn't passed. I apologize for double post...

NEW UPDATE!

First atempt at spiritng

Above was an image I found online, it asked for no credits and I was bored so I recolored this ^^; I apologize if I'm supposed to credit it

First atempt at spiritng

Another site, I found this and decided to recolor. I forgot where it came from ^^; I'm not sure about shades of blue I chose ^^;

First atempt at spiritng

A WIP I'm working on. I want to finish it then animate it. Any tips please? Heh

First atempt at spiritng

Another WIP, I'm thinking about doung a series of dark-colored fire pokemon. Should I? Any tips please? lol

First atempt at spiritng

I opened a request shop on another forum, This was first order I got. Hard one but I managed. Any tips would be loved. I hate the headpiece.

First atempt at spiritng

Second order was a Trainer Card, It was easiest order I had, finished it. I hate the hearts. Oh well heh

First atempt at spiritng

A order for orange/green/dark orange Clizard [sp?] I did it pretty fast heh

First atempt at spiritng

Someone asked for three. I hate them, Hardest I ever did. I'm not sure about Ninetales. Oh well.....Tips would be loved

First atempt at spiritng

I hated that order, I had to do it anyway. I'm not sure if I like this. I had to chop Butterfly's lower wings off.....Oh well Tips would be loved
    First atempt at spiritng

A recolor and pokeball. It's snuuball, I know it's blue becausae I wanted blue to reflect the spots on Snuubbull's body lol I'm loving it. as for ninetales, I hate it. It look funky. Oh well

First atempt at spiritng

One of hard orders I had. A splice of Charmader and Horsea. Please give me lot of tips for this, I'm hating this.

First atempt at spiritng

Someone ordered this, I love this, espically the ears lol it actually completes my pika ball line lol ^^

Any suggestions would be loved. ^^

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For just starting out, you're pretty good! Keep up the good work! I also like your Eevee recolor!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    Thank you three! =^.^= You're too kind. Dragon which eevee? I posted two eevee pics...

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Thank you? I rather that people not give me scores. they don't help me any. Can you please tell me what I need to improve on?
    Some of the color choices don't work well, and some of them don't look like Pokemon themed.. =\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back