• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"First Come, First Served" Challenge

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
  • "First Come, First Served" Challenge
    Hey guys! I didn't know what to call this challenge, I usually refer to it as a "Lol Run, but this sounds cooler. So, basically what it is is that you go through HGSS with a set pokemon list. The pokemon you are allowed to use are:

- Any of the starters -> Last evolution
    - Rattata -> Raticate
    - Pidgey/Pidgeot
    - Bellsprout -> Victreebel
    - Zubat -> Crobat
    - Geodude -> Golem

All of these are basic pokemon, and I'm sure most of you would have at least used one of them in your time. This challenge incorporates all of them into one. All these pokemon are obtainable (the first evolution of each) before the first gym. Locations:

- Starter pokemon: Professor's Lab
    - Rattata: First route
    - Pidgey: First route
    - Bellsprout: Sprout Tower
    - Zubat: Dark Cave (I know this is AFTER the first gym, but not by far)
    - Geodude: Bottom of mountain Road (I think that's its name)

Apart from that, there are not many rules. Since you can use your starter in this challenge, you may NEVER use any other pokemon. If you partake in this challenge, make sure to post constant updates (not much, maybe one or two a week should be OK) and have fun!

Challengers:
    Emoxy - SS - Totodile

Registering:
    When registering to this challenge, copy and fill out:
    Name: (Obvious)
    Starter Used: (Chiko/Cynda/Toto)
    Version: (HG/SS)

The rules of making a challenge state that the challenge maker must have completed or is partaking in the challenge. I have done this twice, but have only defeated Red once. Your challenge is over once you defeat Red. Good luck.

P.S As soon as you post in this thread, you may start your challenge. You do not have to wait until I post your name under challengers, I will get to it :) Good luck :)

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Just thought I'd point this out, you CAN get Zubat before first Gym, if you go to Route 32 at night. There is a small grassy bit not cut off that let's you get Zubat. The route for Geodude is Route 46.

Speaking of which, why not include Ekans (SS), Spearow, Mareep, Hoppip, Gastly, Hoothoot and Wooper to the list? They're all available before the first Gym challenge. To make things a bit fairer, give Sandshrew to HG players.

Also respective bugs for each game, Weedle and Ledyba (SS), Caterpie and Spinerak (HG)

And for Lol's, Unown.

Apologies if this messes up this idea, I just think a bit of diversity will make the challenge more interesting (even if everyone uses Gengar)

I checked all these Pokemon, they are ALL obtainable before first Gym.

Years
  • I believe the OT has his own reasons for choosing these Pokemon; I think that they are the ones that we have used quite some times in our previous playthroughs, and they are the more 'classic' types as compared to others. I don't know, that's how I feel about Rattata vs e.g. Ledyba, which I've never used before. (Not saying it's not good.)

I might sign up for this, but it depends on the final list of Pokemon.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • I believe the OT has his own reasons for choosing these Pokemon; I think that they are the ones that we have used quite some times in our previous playthroughs, and they are the more 'classic' types as compared to others. I don't know, that's how I feel about Rattata vs e.g. Ledyba, which I've never used before. (Not saying it's not good.)

I might sign up for this, but it depends on the final list of Pokemon.

Yeah, I used to use Pidgey all the time when I was younger. I caught it with a Masterball once <_<

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Yeah, I chose those pokemon because they are well known and nearly everyone uses em. I was thinking of giving a choice between Pidgey/Hoothoot and Rattata/Sentret but I decided not to. I don't know, I might.

Years
  • Actually, this is more well-fitted in FRLG. Lol.

But I wanna play this.. Will you yourself be playing through this challenge?

Name: Emoxy
    Starter Used: Feraligatr
    Version: SS (doesn't make a difference.. does it?)

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Alright! Emoxy, your signed Up! And...

.. Will you yourself be playing through this challenge?

My answer:

Essence said:
    The rules of making a challenge state that the challenge maker must have completed or is partaking in the challenge. I have done this twice, but have only defeated Red once. Your challenge is over once you defeat Red. Good luck.

^From my first post.

Years
  • Sorry I missed that.

Another question: I'm on an emulator so is it ok for me to edit Graveler to Golem when it evolves? I won't do it too early in the game, as a trade off.

Years
  • Attempting to bump the post, so sorry for double post.

Update #1:
    - Totodile (Adamant!!) gotten, named Dragon. Because he learns Dragon moves. :D
    - Caught a Mild Pidgey! I'm so gonna do a Air Slash/Heat Wave Pidgeot. :D
    - Named Pidgey 'Power' because I've never had good experiences with Pidgeots. ><
    - And a Docile Rattata! Name's Bravey.

- A Naive Bellsprout (Plant) wouldn't hurt.
    - ADAMANT Geodude!! (Rock.)
    - My names are so simple eh?
    - Lonely Zubat named Bat.

- Fight, fight, fight..
    - Falkner's trainers were easily thrashed by Level 6 Geodude. Powerful eh?
    - .. Thrashed by Falkner, level 13 Pidgeotto with Gust (special) owns Geodude.

- Train train train. Unown kills me with powerful hidden power.

- Falkner sent out Pidgey! Go, Pidgey!
    - Tackle, tackle, tackle.
    - Falkner sent out Pidgeotto! Go, Rattata!
    - Tail Whip, Tail Whip, low health.
    - Go, Totodile!
    - Leer, Leer, low health.
    - Go, Geodude!
    - Tackle, Roost, Tackle, Roost, ....., I WIN! :D

"First Come, First Served" Challenge Dragon
    Level 10
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Scratch
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Leer
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Water Gun
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Rage

"First Come, First Served" Challenge "First Come, First Served" Challenge Plant
    Level 10
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Vine Whip
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Growth

"First Come, First Served" Challenge "First Come, First Served" ChallengePower
    Level 10
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Tackle
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Sand-Attack
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Gust

"First Come, First Served" Challenge "First Come, First Served" Challenge Rock
    Level 10
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Tackle
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Defense Curl
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Mud Sport
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Rock Polish

"First Come, First Served" Challenge "First Come, First Served" Challenge Bat
    Level 9
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Leech Life
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Supersonic
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Astonish

"First Come, First Served" Challenge Bravey
    Level 10
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Bite
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Tail Whip
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Quick Attack
    "First Come, First Served" Challenge Focus Energy

Back