• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Comic

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
  • Err. Good enough, I guess.
    First, don't use photobucket, it resizes your images.
    Don't mix bittages, for FR/LG sprites use FR/LG backgrounds, and not D/P backgrounds. Also, give credit to where you found your sprites, I doubt you created them.
    People can't join comics, it's against the rules here.
    Don't overuse swearing, noone in real life uses sh** in every sentence. As well as read the PC rules, you can't swear period.
    Finally, get better jokes, there's nothing too funny in there.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I think you summed it all up there Astral. I didn't laugh one bit. Remember that if your going to make a joke about somone being '100 kilo's' then make the sprite different.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My friend, you've already thrown yourself in deep with no life jacket. Lines like "if u gt nuffin nice 2 say den SHUT UP" only encourage flamers and hard Critters to come down on you like a locust swarm. The Grammar / Spelling is sadly quite bad, and the whole appearance of the comic needs work. You should really be using speech bubbles, and don;t use such eye burning colours.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Ok sorry it's my first........I'll get better.....
    Edit: And if u have nothing nice to say then dont post.........And i was in a rush that time!

I don't really understand what you mean by that...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • SuperDeoxys, do not double post. If you have to add something you forgot to mention in your previous posts, please use the Edit button, located in the bottom right corner of you post.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Its okbut the ash sprite looks messed up just use a diamond and pearl sprite or something.

Its because it is an edited sprite, and its in FRLG style, wheras the other sprite is in RSE.

And heh, you go and find an Ash DP sprite - Very hard Indeed.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Its because it is an edited sprite, and its in FRLG style, wheras the other sprite is in RSE.

And heh, you go and find an Ash DP sprite - Very hard Indeed.

The best thing to do is make one, although that's not the easiest thing in the world.
    Or you can just use FR/LG backgrounds. That would make it blend a bit more. Although not completely.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, Make your own, thats the best option. Even if it doesn't particulaly look right, post it in the Spriters showcase for help.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • ah...um...ah....o-kay...
    about the smallest comic I've EVER seen. Hard to read text,
    Bad humor (Swears used over and over does NOT make humor),
    As said before, NEVER use photobucket- I use Imageshack
    because they don't resize your image, and use text bubbles witch are easier
    to read. And I suggest watching the TV channel "Comedy Central" they have loads of
    material, that you could use. sorry, but I didn't find this comic funny...at all.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • It wasn't that funny. But it was OK for a first. And 100 kilos is very unrealistic. I'm assuming Ash in your comic is 10-13 years old. That'd be about 200 pounds. And if you still want him to be hideously overweight, at least make his sprite different.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    ah...um...ah....o-kay...
    about the smallest comic I've EVER seen. Hard to read text,
    Bad humor (Swears used over and over does NOT make humor),
    As said before, NEVER use photobucket- I use Imageshack
    because they don't resize your image, and use text bubbles witch are easier
    to read. And I suggest watching the TV channel "Comedy Central" they have loads of
    material, that you could use. sorry, but I didn't find this comic funny...at all.

I've always used photobucket, and my comics have never lost any quality, whereas Imageshack is plagued with pop ups and lengthly waits.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I've always used photobucket, and my comics have never lost any quality, whereas Imageshack is plagued with pop ups and lengthly waits.
    yeah, but when I used photobucket when I tried to make my first comic, BUT it was so small, and who cares about popups and a little longer waits? doesn't it matter who well they do it? it works. trust me, my VGcats avatars where always destroied by photobucket- just give me a second and I'll show you some examples.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • The text isn't as difficult to read as a few of you assume. Not bad for your first try, but don't be offended by what others tell you, they're only offering you some positive criticism to assist you on improving your comic. Suppose that it's 'something good' to say.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • People can't join comics, it's against the rules here.
    Don't overuse swearing, noone in real life uses sh** in every sentence. As well as read the PC rules, you can't swear period.
    Finally, get better jokes, there's nothing too funny in there.

I tottally agree there, I thought it had a pointless storyline aswell. But on a positive note, I did enjoy the sprite of Ash.

Back