• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Ever Sprites Feedback.

Minokun

The Rival in Space
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Here's my first ever sprite and and official artwork for my fanmade game. [S-HIGHLIGHT]P.S. (Sprite and Artwork may vary.)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Female Protagonist Iris:
    Spoiler:

Male Protagonist Artwork:
    Spoiler:

The female trainer just seemed like the best place to start. Even though it's just a recolor it's my first ever fanmade sprite. Any Feedback would be nice.
    (BTW, I'm new to ALL of this art stuff, so could you please talk to me as if you were talking to an idiot? Well technically you are but... Also, I made the artwork "Myself" but the bases and clothing were made by someone else. So I technically made the artwork, but not the bases and other accesories. ((I know that sounds weird but trust me))

Rival Alioth:
    Spoiler:

1st Gym leader Marli:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Sorry I forgot about the 3 artwork limit. Added artwork of male protagonist. Forgot to give credit for artwork. Added 2 new sprites and artwork.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there friend, we've got a little bit of a problem. But it's okay, cause I'm going to tell you how to work it out. :) First, in A&D, we have a three piece minimum rule, as you know. I didn't think this needed to be mentioned; but the rule implies three pieces of you own artwork. As it stands, you only have one piece that is yours. I do appreciate you going through and reading the rules though, so I believe what we have is a failure to communicate on my part.

This being the case, I'm going to leave this open. I think you should recolor a standard male sprite to fit the cloths of your male protagonist next; which is somewhat an easy task. Then, I encourage you to begin playing with the positioning of the characters, which you're best treating like a fusion.

I hope this was a little helpful, and thank you for making me realize that the three piece minimum rule needs clarification. :)

Minokun

The Rival in Space
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Hey there friend, we've got a little bit of a problem. But it's okay, cause I'm going to tell you how to work it out. :) First, in A&D, we have a three piece minimum rule, as you know. I didn't think this needed to be mentioned; but the rule implies three pieces of you own artwork. As it stands, you only have one piece that is yours. I do appreciate you going through and reading the rules though, so I believe what we have is a failure to communicate on my part.

This being the case, I'm going to leave this open. I think you should recolor a standard male sprite to fit the cloths of your male protagonist next; which is somewhat an easy task. Then, I encourage you to begin playing with the positioning of the characters, which you're best treating like a fusion.

I hope this was a little helpful, and thank you for making me realize that the three piece minimum rule needs clarification. :)

Geez, I'm always finding someway to screw up aren't I? Sorry for not reading thoroughly, I'll fix it. And thanks for your help! Also another question, if it's not our own does that mean we can't post it at all?

Back