• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Impressions of Platinum

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I have to wait 'til tomorrow 'cause the store I go to SUCKS.

I ARE ANGREH!

But it looks like it'll be awesome...

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Played it. Loved it. The distortion world gives the word distortion a whole new meaning.
    Seriously. Took me like an hour to navigate it the first time around.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • just got mine like an hour after Gamestop opened

Total Awesomeness, although i haven't gotten to Oreburgh yet, i keep having to restart because my Chimchar keeps getting the wrong Nature

Did you not like....see the commercial?

Why not just soft reset? it will take much less time! Unless you're already doing it, then just ignore this psot, if not, save before you go in the clearing, then if it get's the wrong nature, just press 'start'+'select'+'L'+'R'

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Although I reserved it, I hadn't gotten it yet. I'm in the middle of an essay in which is due tomorrow.
    I'm almost done and as soon as I am, I'm off to get my Pokemon Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Eh, I've played about 2 hours and I'm loving it. Already got about half of my team (With a level 10 Golbat xD) and transferred TRU Shaymin and have Sky Forme.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • How do we transfer the Pokemon?

Trade the Pokemon between two DS consoles; one with Diamond/Pearl and the other with Platinum.
    The process of trading the Pokemon to each game/console is the same process of trading Pokemon with
    a friend via the Union Room upstairs in the Pokemon Center.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • Trade the Pokemon between two DS consoles; one with Diamond/Pearl and the other with Platinum.
    The process of trading the Pokemon to each game/console is the same process of trading Pokemon with
    a friend via the Union Room upstairs in the Pokemon Center.

I guess I'm gonna have to wait till my cousin comes back from his vacation on the 31st to transfer :-/

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • LOLYAYTMETURN!!! ^^ I went with the girl trainer because the boy sprite looks fat and dumb. really like it, they changed things subtlety but awesomely. Hey, did anybody notice that the rival's house has a SECOND floor made of brick? XD

aricarrot

Jedi Knight
    Years
  • I'm about a half hour in and it is AWESOME. I really love all the cool little added story changes. I'm so excited to really get into the game! :D

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Well, I was going to edit the first post, but I thought I'd do it here:

It's as cool as I thought it would be. The rival dance is awesome, and I love the new pokemon the people have, especially the guy with the Burmy. I have to express one disappointment though. You no longer fight Abras in the Trainer School, and all you get for beating the pokemon is a potion. All I have to say is lolwut?

Back